UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> SOCCER KICKS: Why It's NOT MMA Without Them

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/1/13 4:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its not a make/break item imo
6/1/13 4:28 PM
Ballet Tudo Grand Master
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imho soccer kicks are street fighting moves, aka cheap shots.

if you need to soccer kick somebody, be a real artist and jump on the guy and finish him strikes, not bitch kicks.
6/1/13 4:41 PM
Mufasatheking

Competition is good and the UFC needs compeition.

OneFC having different rules is good for the sport.

Let OneFC do their thing and well see the effects of soccer kicks in modern mma
6/1/13 7:42 PM
Haulport
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ballet Tudo Grand Master - imho soccer kicks are street fighting moves, aka cheap shots.

if you need to soccer kick somebody, be a real artist and jump on the guy and finish him strikes, not bitch kicks.

Is this Tank Abbott's UG account? WTF are you talking about? Do you think that BJJ is "making love" like Krazy Horse?

6/1/13 7:45 PM
Haulport
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - its not a make/break item imo

Crazy talk. I am a little surprised you feel this way...

6/1/13 7:46 PM
Haulport

DamnSevern -  4later Phone Post

UH OH....................!

People...get rid for an avalanche................

6/1/13 7:51 PM
Chris27
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont really care about soccer kicks or stomps, I'm fine without them. I wouldnt be mad or anything if they were allowed, I'm fine with or without them.

I do however think knees to a downed opponent rule is stupid and needs to be changed.

6/1/13 8:04 PM
Haulport

Chris27 - I dont really care about soccer kicks or stomps, I'm fine without them. I wouldnt be mad or anything if they were allowed, I'm fine with or without them.

I do however think knees to a downed opponent rule is stupid and needs to be changed.

That's because you aren't a real MMA fan. If there was a website where you could watch Dana White slowly stroke his junk 24 hours a day you wouldn't even post on the UG or know what MMA was................

6/1/13 8:48 PM
Chris27
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
Chris27 - I dont really care about soccer kicks or stomps, I'm fine without them. I wouldnt be mad or anything if they were allowed, I'm fine with or without them.

That's because you aren't a real MMA fan. If there was a website where you could watch Dana White slowly stroke his junk 24 hours a day you wouldn't even post on the UG or know what MMA was................

Who the fuck are you to tell me I'm not a real mma fan. Because I dont care about soccer kicks that makes me not a real mma fan?

I guess I've spent the last 10 years watching UFC, Pride, every regional show, going to shows like Ring of Combat in Atlantic City for nothing cause according to the great Haulport I'm not really a fan.

You think way too highly of yourself bro, you aint nothing but a little bitch troll.
6/1/13 9:02 PM
Pugilist82
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly believe a big part of the reason they don't legalize them in the UFC is most Americans are wrestling based and it would severely hurt the guys who basically dive for a leg, pop back up, rinse, repeat, until they finally get a takedown.
6/1/13 10:59 PM
Naughty Gorilla
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another vote here for KNEES on the ground
6/2/13 11:26 AM
cmcgraw

Up kicks to a grounded opponent then too for the jiu jitsu guys for a level playing field IMO
6/2/13 11:49 AM
Chris27

Unwariestpickle - 
WickedWyatt234 - I think there should only knees to the head on the ground for the bottom guy. Cause doesn't the guy on top have enough of an advantage? Phone Post 3.0

If you work for top position then you SHOULD have an advantage. If you're going to allow it, allow it for both top and bottom.

Also the 12-6 rule needs to fucking go. It makes zero sense.

Another good suggestion, 12-6 elbow rule needs to go.
6/2/13 12:07 PM
MoustacheRider69
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
6/2/13 12:12 PM
MoustacheRider69
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ballet Tudo Grand Master - imho soccer kicks are street fighting moves, aka cheap shots.

Phone Post
6/2/13 12:49 PM
Toquinho
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just imagin Alistair Overeem, Brock Lesnar, Bigfoot etc soccer kocking someones head... Or even aldo or pettis. Thats a timenomb right there.. matter of time before someone dies.. It would be the end of mma on fox Phone Post 3.0
6/2/13 12:55 PM
kingkoopa

Winston Wolf - wrong MMA is not a street fight ..it is MMA which is not a street fight

foolish fool

without soccer kicks or knees to the head while on the ground, it becomes Ultimate Wrestling.

Ultimate Wrestling is not MMA
6/2/13 1:38 PM
BertR

"kicking a man while he's down" might be too unpalatable in its violence for trying to make the sport more mainstream, especially in a climate where its still not sanctioned in every state.

Personally i wish they were there.
6/2/13 1:45 PM
Haulport

BertR - "kicking a man while he's down" might be too unpalatable in its violence for trying to make the sport more mainstream, especially in a climate where its still not sanctioned in every state.

Yes but BLOOD pouring out all over the canvas is mainstream and palatable? And women beating the living shit out of each other is mainstream?

The fucking sheep will accept anything you tell them is ok and the real fans already understand...

6/2/13 1:50 PM
Haulport

Toquinho - Just imagin Alistair Overeem, Brock Lesnar, Bigfoot etc soccer kocking someones head... Or even aldo or pettis. Thats a timenomb right there.. matter of time before someone dies.. It would be the end of mma on fox Phone Post 3.0

You realize there were MONSTERS kicking each other in the head for over a decade and no one got hurt, right? As a matter of Alistair and Cro Cop were allowed to soccer kick people for years and years and no one died.

A HW boxing match or an NFL game is 100 times more dangerous than HWs being allowed to soccer kick. As a matter of fact, a 250lbs. linebacker is allowed to plant his HELMET in the spine of a 180lbs. wide receiver in the NFL whenever he can. Why are people not dead left and right every Sunday?

Get some perspective..............

6/2/13 1:53 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Hunt Purple-Headed Yogurt Slingers - 
RileyPust - I could live without soccer kicks if they added knees on the ground.

So many fights would be play out differently if knees to the head were allowed on the ground.

When you're watching your next UFC event, pay attention to how many times somebody would be in danger of a knee to the head if it weren't for the rules.   Lots!

JustBleedGuy would love it, because many would bleed.

Every time someone doesn't pull out a knife or gun and shoot the other guy its because of rules. MMA is a sport.
6/2/13 1:54 PM
RicGillespie

Haulport - 
Winston Wolf - wrong MMA is not a street fight ..it is MMA which is not a street fight

Leave it to you my fren to say something that is not only COMPLETELY illogical and WRONG but is comprised of 100% opinion yet stated as fact..........!

Kind of like every thread you start.
6/2/13 1:55 PM
Haulport

And BTW everyone...this is not a POLL about how you "feel" about soccer kicks. You can all go take you feelings and stick them up your dirty, sweaty, unwiped buttholes.

THIS thread is about how soccer kicks are ESSENTIAL for the sport to really be considered MMA. And it has an example of exactly that. So stop trying to change the subject by ignoring the writing on the wall (that gif)...

6/2/13 1:56 PM
Haulport

Chris27 - 
Haulport - 

Who the fuck are you to tell me I'm not a real mma fan. Because I dont care about soccer kicks that makes me not a real mma fan?

I guess I've spent the last 10 years watching UFC, Pride, every regional show, going to shows like Ring of Combat in Atlantic City for nothing cause according to the great Haulport I'm not really a fan.

You think way too highly of yourself bro, you aint nothing but a little bitch troll.

You are a humorless twat. Here's that url for ya: www.dfwJUNK.ru

6/2/13 2:01 PM
BertR

Haulport - 
BertR - "kicking a man while he's down" might be too unpalatable in its violence for trying to make the sport more mainstream, especially in a climate where its still not sanctioned in every state.

Yes but BLOOD pouring out all over the canvas is mainstream and palatable? And women beating the living shit out of each other is mainstream?

The fucking sheep will accept anything you tell them is ok and the real fans already understand...

i think the logic over getting bloodied up, women fighting, etc. is that they're in the midst of fighting a fair fight. "kicking a man while he's down" is synonymous with piling on to someones misfortune at their weakest moment, and the fear is the general publics perception of this sport being too violent and barbaric (especially how violent soccer kicks look) will lead to loss of fans due to shunning/loss of sanctioning and money.

The UFC/mma community is doing a balancing act of trying to make mma be perceived as a sanitized form of sporting competition while satisfying the violent aggressive release fans want to see.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.