Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IsmokeCrack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
Haulport -
MMA Lives Here - 
NegoVeio -

So skillful and technical.. Phone Post

It is actually. Unfortunately you are so completely and UTTERLY IGNORANT of the sport you profess to live with that you can't even understand wtf is going on in that gif...........

Oh no I understand what's happening, Mirko fucking Cro Cop is kicking a grounded opponent in the side of the head.

Critics of MMA point to the parts where fighters are on the ground and continued to be attacked. They say it's dishonorable, cowardly and doesn't send an acceptable message to children, who will imitate what they see. We know the ground game and we know the concept of 'intelligent defense,' so we disagree.

But soccer kicks? That's just a bridge too far. Soccer kicking people in the head once they're on the ground is NOT an acceptable message to send to children. It would never fly in the mainstream. This is the real world Haulport, where children imitate what they see in movies and TV. Welcome. Phone Post
How does that compare to putting on a crucifix and strikes to an opponent who cannon defend themselves?

At least dude on the ground getting kicked is staying there by choice. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 1:12 AM
Haulport

MMA Lives Here - 
Haulport -
MMA Lives Here - 
NegoVeio -

It is actually. Unfortunately you are so completely and UTTERLY IGNORANT of the sport you profess to live with that you can't even understand wtf is going on in that gif...........

Oh no I understand what's happening, Mirko fucking Cro Cop is kicking a grounded opponent in the side of the head.

Critics of MMA point to the parts where fighters are on the ground and continued to be attacked. They say it's dishonorable, cowardly and doesn't send an acceptable message to children, who will imitate what they see. We know the ground game and we know the concept of 'intelligent defense,' so we disagree.

But soccer kicks? That's just a bridge too far. Soccer kicking people in the head once they're on the ground is NOT an acceptable message to send to children. It would never fly in the mainstream. This is the real world Haulport, where children imitate what they see in movies and TV. Welcome. Phone Post

LOL @ "real world where children imitate what they see on tv."........LOL! GTFO of here with that stupid shit. That doesn't even deserve an answer..........................

I'm going to go watch BJ Penn turn Joe Daddy into a blood soaked mess and contemplate your stellar comments on this thread...

6/4/13 1:25 AM
IsmokeCrack

MMA Lives Here -
Haulport -
MMA Lives Here - 
Haulport -
MMA Lives Here - 
NegoVeio -

LOL @ "real world where children imitate what they see on tv."........LOL! GTFO of here with that stupid shit. That doesn't even deserve an answer..........................

I'm going to go watch BJ Penn turn Joe Daddy into a blood soaked mess and contemplate your stellar comments on this thread...

OK, we'll be here waiting for you bud. Phone Post
And letting them play FPS is ok?

At least watching exciting mma might get them in the gym, where they'll learn respect. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 1:50 AM
Haulport

Edited: 06/04/13 1:51 AM

Only thing you are missing is a clue............

And lol @ your 48 posts per day for the past 7 weeks.............

6/4/13 2:24 AM
ben236
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Moreira-soccer-kicking-Huerta-at-ONE-FC-DoW.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1114408/jose-aldo-soccer-kicks-o.gif
6/4/13 2:53 AM
Haulport

Edited: 06/04/13 3:00 AM
ben236 - http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Moreira-soccer-kicking-Huerta-at-ONE-FC-DoW.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1114408/jose-aldo-soccer-kicks-o.gif

6/4/13 11:55 AM
Haulport

6/4/13 2:54 PM
IsmokeCrack

Those are nice brutal finishes. I too have been saying it for years. Kicks an knees change how the fight is approached.

But, I agree with previous poster that getting knees back should be primary goal, while keeping in mind of making a push for kick in next 3-5 years after. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 3:35 PM
Haulport

IsmokeCrack - Those are nice brutal finishes. I too have been saying it for years. Kicks an knees change how the fight is approached.

But, I agree with previous poster that getting knees back should be primary goal, while keeping in mind of making a push for kick in next 3-5 years after. Phone Post 3.0

It's never happening in the US. Maybe 35 years from now or something but definitely no time that is real. And 35 years might not be enough (and I say this because of the Fetittas and the Commissions not because of "mainstream acceptance")

6/4/13 3:53 PM
Haulport

Seemingly(?) legal Soccer kick in Bellator

6/4/13 4:15 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Winston Wolf - wrong MMA is not a street fight ..it is MMA which is not a street fight

and this is what's wrong with MMA today.. Far more athletes and less fighters then the fans who are okay with that. 

6/4/13 4:24 PM
Yun
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knee to the head for guys that like to get stuffed during a takedown and hold on to the opponents leg with their dear life.

stomps for good grapplers who cant hack the standup and falls backwards wishing their opponent will come into their guard

take the elbow away so they can lean and create distance to swing with no mercy Phone Post
6/4/13 4:28 PM
Haulport

Yun -  knee to the head for guys that like to get stuffed during a takedown and hold on to the opponents leg with their dear life.

stomps for good grapplers who cant hack the standup and falls backwards wishing their opponent will come into their guard

take the elbow away so they can lean and create distance to swing with no mercy Phone Post

Need the elbows my fren. Please see this thread: ELBOWS SHOULD BE BANNED

6/5/13 11:26 AM
Haulport

ttt

6/5/13 11:38 AM
Tomato Can
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Opinion is not fact and should not be stated as such." - Haulport

"Without [soccer kicks] it is NOT AN MMA FIGHT. Period. It is some other shit." - Haulport
6/5/13 1:10 PM
Haulport

Tomato Can - "Opinion is not fact and should not be stated as such." - Haulport

"Without [soccer kicks] it is NOT AN MMA FIGHT. Period. It is some other shit." - Haulport

Hahahahahaha. I was hoping SOMEONE would notice that. I knew Winston wouldn't. Thought orcus might be the one to pick it. Makes sense that it was you.

LOL!

6/5/13 6:09 PM
BertR

Haulport - 
BertR - 
Haulport - 
BertR - 
Haulport - 
BertR - "kicking a man while he's down" might be too unpalatable in its violence for trying to make the sport more mainstream, especially in a climate where its still not sanctioned in every state.

Personally i wish they were there.
Yes but BLOOD pouring out all over the canvas is mainstream and palatable? And women beating the living shit out of each other is mainstream?

The fucking sheep will accept anything you tell them is ok and the real fans already understand...

i think the logic over getting bloodied up, women fighting, etc. is that they're in the midst of fighting a fair fight. "kicking a man while he's down" is synonymous with piling on to someones misfortune at their weakest moment, and the fear is the general publics perception of this sport being too violent and barbaric (especially how violent soccer kicks look) will lead to loss of fans due to shunning/loss of sanctioning and money.

The UFC/mma community is doing a balancing act of trying to make mma be perceived as a sanitized form of sporting competition while satisfying the violent aggressive release fans want to see.

I could not possibly disagree with this more. The idea that people will have a problem with "kicking a man when he is down" but they are ok with standing over him and pounding his face while his head bounces off the canvas or choking him till the cut on his forehead squirts blood (see BJ/Joe Daddy) is preposterous.

Soccer kicks are EXCITEMENT INCARNATE and what they bring to creating a striking free flow to a fight will generate 3 fans for every fan it loses.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if we lost a ton of the shit-munchers who are fans now and replaced them with fans interested in DYNAMIC, exciting martial arts cause any fan of mma who actually believes in the "kicking a man when he's down" adage is a tool and should go watch boxing...

For me, I'd like mma to be like it was in UFC 1 but with one 25 minute time limit. That's not possible if the sport wants to become mainstream. In order for it to be mainstream and attract mainstream sponsors it has to convince the general public and political leadership that it is a safe sporting event, otherwise it'll be shunned if not outright unsanctioned for being too violent and unacceptable behavior. Zuffa and mma promoters are in the business of making money so they want to be accepted by the system, hence the balancing act. Soccer kicks are awesome but are brutal, including being aesthetically brutal, and because it goes against a deep seated cultural norm at a sensitive time it adds up to not being worth the fight, i believe, from Zuffa's position - if they wanted to fight for it that is

We are in the mainstream. It's done. It's over. Now it needs to be interesting and exciting or it will fade away (as it aready is). You cannot cow-tow to those who don't care about you. You change things by leading and TELLING people what is good and acceptable. People are dogs. We live in hierarchies and most want to be led.

Frank and Lorenzo know this and that is how they have culled a generation of mma fans who suck Dana's cock and accept shitty cards regularly.

It is always just a matter of leadership and ball.......

gonna be honest, but you don't understand politics. The UFC doesn't have the leverage to take on the government or morality lobby from across the political spectrum, so it integrates itself into the system by throwing bribes around as a form of getting protection. If it didn't "cow-tow" it'd be attacked and lose substantial money which defeats their purpose
6/5/13 10:51 PM
Haulport

No, I understand them extremely well. Well enough to know that the CONTENT of the fights and their results are meaningless to the hacks who are looking to cause trouble and they can be dealt with, as you mentioned, with money and there is no need worry about the rules in regards to people like that.

Zuffa took on the anti-Pride Rules stance to keep PRIDE out of California and because Lorenzo probably made statements against knees and soccer kicks to his fellow Commissioners during his time serving and just refuses to contradict himself. Lorenzo and Frank are NOT big on CHANGE............

6/6/13 1:48 PM
Haulport

6/6/13 2:41 PM
Haulport

Are you guys starting to understand what a disadvantage it is to be scrambling around on your knees in MMA is when your opponent has REAL TOOLS to deal with that???

Think about all the fights where you see one guy on his knees or crawling towards a guy. That shit STOPS asap under REAL MMA RULES.......

6/6/13 2:45 PM
JoeHurley
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure how you make this thread while ignoring headbutts which change the game way more than knees on the ground and soccer kicks. Phone Post
6/6/13 2:50 PM
Haulport

JoeHurley -  Not sure how you make this thread while ignoring headbutts which change the game way more than knees on the ground and soccer kicks. Phone Post

Actually I am a BIG proponent of headbutts but I try to separate things especially since there is ZERO support for them on these boards.

I don't think they are more important than soccer kicks. Soccer kicks change things COMPLETELY. Head butts make a huge difference but I don't think it's anywhere near the impact.

6/6/13 7:40 PM
Wasa-B
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Potential headbutting scenarios are far more frequent than those of soccer kicks imo.
6/6/13 8:05 PM
sillyscreenname

sub
6/6/13 10:04 PM
Haulport

time traveling 12er - So you guys are saying you only want mma fights to be held in Asia now?

No, I am saying that the only MMA fights happening (on TV at least) ARE in Asia right now................

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.