UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva talks new 10-fight deal finalized

6/1/13 8:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva has been fighting in the UFC since 2006 amassing a perfect 16-0 record inside the Octagon. At 38 years old, Silva is not sure he'll fight six more years, he did confirm he recently signed a new 10-fight contract with the UFC.

"Maybe there's a contradiction lost in translation," Silva told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) through an interpreter. "I wanted to do four more fights, and they said eight, so I said, 'Whatever. Let's do eight, 10. Let's do however many fights you want.' They got on that ride and offered me 10 fights, and that's what I signed."

"It all depends," Silva said. "Ten fights is about six years, so we'll see what happens in the meantime. I hope that I'm still inspired and that I still have the will power and the desire to go out there and fight. But I'm happy.

"I'm well-treated by Dana and Lorenzo (Fertitta) and everyone in the UFC, and I hope to continue having this desire to fight and go in there and train. But it's a matter of time. We have to go in there and see what's going to happen in the next few years."

read entire article...

6/1/13 8:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kid Charlemagne
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what he'll get per fight, $450k? Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 8:30 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/01/13 8:30 PM
he can retire after any of these fights if he chooses.
6/1/13 8:37 PM
kinson

Good decision by Anderson. It would be stupid to fight in another promotion. Phone Post
6/1/13 8:40 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im just happy I get to watch the goat fight a few more times. Love him or hate him, there isn't another fighter as polarizing as Anderson.

Phone Post
6/1/13 8:42 PM
Hocky Balboa
7585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even the haters will miss him when he's gone. Phone Post
6/1/13 8:46 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
6/1/13 8:49 PM
UGCTT_nightkap

Phone Post
6/1/13 8:51 PM
Bam57Bam
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At most he has 5 more fights.

The most creative, dynamic, and clutch fighter in MMA history. So excited I got to see him in his prime and would be happy with 5 more. Phone Post
6/1/13 8:53 PM
UGCTT_nightkap

Phone Post
6/1/13 9:02 PM
Fade7
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's already solidified himself as the GOAT. It's been a privilege to watch him fight and the records he has set are pretty safe for a long time. Everything from here on out is a bonus.
6/1/13 9:06 PM
Sukulaku

"I'm happy". Everybody drinks!

unbelievably skilled fighter. Doesn't matter who he fights. It's always magical :)
6/1/13 9:13 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bam57Bam - At most he has 5 more fights.

The most creative, dynamic, and clutch fighter in MMA history. So excited I got to see him in his prime and would be happy with 5 more. Phone Post
This
I would love to see him fight 10 more but that won't happen. I have been lucky enough to watch this man in his prime. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 9:38 PM
HighBastard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOAT
6/1/13 9:55 PM
ShawnTheBadger
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
Bam57Bam - At most he has 5 more fights.

This
I would love to see him fight 10 more but that won't happen. I have been lucky enough to watch this man in his prime. Phone Post 3.0

I'll third this.

It is a privledge to watch him compete.  Seemingly on a level all his own.

6/1/13 10:27 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's awesome and all, but I just wish he would stop being so wishy-washy about his fights. There's no more challenges for him at MW right now, he won't go up to 205 unless it's against someone he will 100% beat. He won't commit to fighting Jones or GSP; instead he just acts aloof and dances around the question with a grin on his face. 

Love me some 'Spider', but the schtick is getting old. He's transcended the MW kingpin role so it's time to move to some greener pastures, i.e. making a serious run at the LHW title.  Either that or just retire...although he won't go out with much of a bang with guys like Bonnar littering the last stretch of his career like Nick Diaz alluded to in his 'MMA Uncencored' interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDW9MhUPtB4).

6/1/13 10:32 PM
The Brool Story Company

lol@UG Blog having 78 vote ups

6/1/13 10:37 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

Love watching him preform, and I believe we are all lucky to have witnessed his career. I just hope that if he notices he's slowed down (when/if it happens) in training that he calls it a career. He doesn't owe us a thing, and I don't want to see him go out like chuck. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 10:37 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is spectacular, we should be honored to watch this guy fight win or lose..will he fight 10 more times? Doubt it. I saw 3-4 MAX.. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 10:51 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Hunt Purple-Headed Yogurt Slingers -

For those who are confused.  A 10-fight contract doesn't mean Anderson has to fight those 10 fights.

It means Anderson cannot fight for another promotion until that contract is honored.

Basically it means Silva retires in the UFC.

This.

I don't even see 5 more. IMO he fights Chris- granted he wins- then fights Jones for a title unification bout. I see instant rematches if he loses to either. Retirement would be next most likely.

As for the fight with GSP, I do not see that happening. By the time GSP would even move up, Andy would probably have already faced Weidman and Jones. Keep in mind the potential losses he could obtain by either, resulting in instant rematches no doubt.

Sure on paper it looks good, he is THE Anderson Silva, but he's only human. And time takes it's toll on every human on earth, including the Spider.

Enjoy him while he's active, for there will be no other quite like him. Phone Post
6/1/13 10:51 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*say (edit) Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 10:54 PM
Authority Figure

GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

He's awesome and all, but I just wish he would stop being so wishy-washy about his fights. There's no more challenges for him at MW right now, he won't go up to 205 unless it's against someone he will 100% beat. He won't commit to fighting Jones or GSP; instead he just acts aloof and dances around the question with a grin on his face. 

Love me some 'Spider', but the schtick is getting old. He's transcended the MW kingpin role so it's time to move to some greener pastures, i.e. making a serious run at the LHW title.  Either that or just retire...although he won't go out with much of a bang with guys like Bonnar littering the last stretch of his career like Nick Diaz alluded to in his 'MMA Uncencored' interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDW9MhUPtB4).

Stfu. What do you do for a living? What records are you breaking? When you surpass everyone around you? Phone Post
6/1/13 11:00 PM
Powerful DJH
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea i think we all can agree he is not fighting 10 times. After Weidman i wanna see him fight nothing but epic fights. JBJ in the fall. GSP. JDS. big fights.
6/1/13 11:00 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -

Stfu. What do you do for a living? What records are you breaking? When you surpass everyone around you? Phone Post

How about you STFU. I'm allowed an opinion just like the thousands of other people who post on this website alone!

6/2/13 1:09 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye

KingofBJJ - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 

Who has he went up against that he was 100% he would beat.  If I remembered correctly everyone he fought at 205 was predicted to defeat him, especially Griffin.

Well, I can't speak for everyone...but if I remember correctly, Silva was the favorite in all three of his forays into the LHW division. I certainly don't remember anyone predicting that Stephen Bonnar was gonna 'kick Anderson Silvas ass' LOL!

But maybe my memory fails me. Give me some proof that AS was the underdog and I'll try to find proof to the contrary.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.