UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: Time to make fighting just about fighting

6/2/13 4:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Rashad Evans won the UFC light heavyweight championship of the world in 2008, but was unable to defend it even once. Since then he has teetered at the top of the division working towards another title shot. But according to Rashad, he's not fighting for the title shot anymore:

"I feel like a big to-do was made about 'title shot, title shot, title shot,'" Evans said. "Honestly, I just want to go out there and fight and love fighting. When you fight from that place, it brings me back to when I first started fighting. I would go and fight in these tournaments and get paid $500 to fight three guys, and I didn't care. It was all because I liked to fight and it was fun. When you start to make it all about a title and all that stuff, it gets to the point where you feel like if you're not fighting for a belt or a chance to fight for the belt, it's not really worth it.

"But you know what? It's time to make fighting just about fighting. If you go out there and fight hard enough and put enough work in, you're going to get a title shot. So I'm just going to let it take care of itself. I'm 33 years old, I'm still young in the sport, and I'm just going to do me and have fun in the sport. I'm not tired of fighting – I want to fight."

read entire article...

6/2/13 4:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
colubrid1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he was going to aplogize for all the smack talk on TUF against Rampage.

In that case it would be nice "JUST" to make it about fighting .

6/2/13 4:17 PM
Goblowyourself
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he does get that fire back that's my dude Phone Post 3.0
6/2/13 4:24 PM
PassnSmash

Goblowyourself - Hope he does get that fire back that's my dude Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
6/2/13 4:39 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

I'd also have zero interest in the title if JBJ was in my division. Phone Post 3.0
6/2/13 4:59 PM
sgotwalks
1099 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Rashad.............but I like Hendo more! WAR DAN!!

6/2/13 5:16 PM
I AM A MOFO
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is awesome. I used to have problems with some of his in ring actions, but now I find him to be one of the most likable personalities in MMA. I have a great deal of respect for his skills too.
6/2/13 5:39 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope he gets his fire back too. It's been frustrating watching his performances lately, the guy is so skilled and is so tentative when he is in the cage. He used to be so much more dangerous, explosive, and very smart. Bring that fire back Hashad. I don't even care if he becomes champ, just give it your all. If he does that against Hendo we are in for a treat. Phone Post 3.0
6/2/13 6:07 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I still wish he'd give the MW division a shot.
6/2/13 6:19 PM
Greenup
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Rashad tears the division up with this mindset. His last fight have been somewhat lackluster. Phone Post
6/2/13 7:31 PM
man meets fate

Rashad has let us known in advance he will make it a boring fight and do whatever it takes to wun. He is good for the sport.
6/2/13 7:45 PM
The Black Cheez
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he starts knocking dudes out again, although I don't think he will KO Hendo. Im a big fan of Rashad. Phone Post
6/2/13 10:57 PM
CLINTK9
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PLEASR Rashad, if you read this, Bounce, Jab, back away is not exciting to watch, so please dont do it. PLEASE!
6/3/13 5:48 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - I still wish he'd give the MW division a shot.
This! Phone Post
6/3/13 6:29 AM
BrianStannFan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - I'd also have zero interest in the title if JBJ was in my division. Phone Post 3.0

vtfu

6/3/13 7:31 AM
mnb
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In other words. Rashad doesnt want to fight jones. I wonder why? Phone Post
6/3/13 8:41 AM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut -  It's practically impossible to have the mindset of "fighting just to be fighting" after you have made major money.

Only one person sticks out to have never lost the "fight just to fight" desire despite the millions and that's Wanderlei Silva. Phone Post

Chuck as well, when he was still fighting.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.