UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barnett: I’m a little bit of a MMA slut

6/3/13 8:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In was recently announced that Josh Barnett had indeed come to terms with the UFC and would make his debut against Frank Mir at UFC 164. Barnett was a guest on Inside MMA last night and talked about the match up with Mir:

“What can I say? I’m a little bit of a MMA slut,” joked Barnett in an interview with Inside MMA. “I think with today’s MMA landscape, the things I’ve been up to, the way the UFC is going to try and build the heavyweight division to epic status…it just sorta fit.”

When asked about preparing to face Mir, who has been critical of Barnett’s success and overall abilities in past interviews, “The Warmaster” maintained his sense of humor rather than show too much concern for the clash.

“I don’t think we’re really gonna have an imitator for Frank Mir,” said Barnett of his camp. “I just think that with that giant back-piece tattoo it would be hard to try and find somebody to fill in.”

read entire article...

6/3/13 8:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AllAmericanBoxing
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can we take this to after dark please? No homo of course Josh. Phone Post
6/3/13 11:02 PM
M Wood
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is an epic fight! I can't believe it isn't getting more attention on here? Who's the favorite? Who has the better subs? Will either man be able to submit the other?
6/3/13 11:04 PM
M Wood
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will Barnett suffer from the famous "Octagon Jitters?
6/3/13 11:22 PM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woulda been awesome to see like 5 years ago. I woulda given it to Barnett.

Now it may favor Mir slightly or dead even.

The conditioning and mental game go to Barnett imo.

Striking is close but Mir has been hurting people with 1 punch.

Neither are major takedown hounds.

The ground battle will be epic. Mir is stronger and more vicious with his catches.

But Barnett has very unorthodox shit in his arsenal.

6/3/13 11:26 PM
irishrottie
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG - 

The ground battle will be epic. Mir is stronger and more vicious with his catches.

Mir has been getting rocked by a stiff breeze lately....I dont think it will be competitive

6/4/13 1:37 AM
M Wood

HELWIG - 

I think Mir is in the best shape of his career. My prediction is if Barnett doesn't catch Mir w a punch early and finish it, it will go to the ground and Mir will tap him. Probably in the 2nd.
6/4/13 12:01 PM
hogh20

irishrottie - 
HELWIG - 

Mir has been getting rocked by a stiff breeze lately....I dont think it will be competitive

So now a hard straight right jab from Junior Dos Santos is comparable to a stiff breeze? And Big Nog caught him with one, the same Nog who has been boxing for ever longer than he has been in MMA. I doubt Barnett will hurt him with boxing. I predict Mir, and fairly easily. I just think he is stronger in every aspect.
6/4/13 12:15 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

hogh20 -
irishrottie - 
HELWIG - 

So now a hard straight right jab from Junior Dos Santos is comparable to a stiff breeze? And Big Nog caught him with one, the same Nog who has been boxing for ever longer than he has been in MMA. I doubt Barnett will hurt him with boxing. I predict Mir, and fairly easily. I just think he is stronger in every aspect.
Mir is the poorman's barnett. He fought the same competition that josh did far after their primes and gets praise for it.. Lol mir was out on his feet against nog, josh would finish him. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 12:22 PM
hogh20

An unconscious Mir still managed to sub Big Nog. What makes you think Barnett can do what Nog didn't? What has Barnett done lately to make you think he will finish Mir?
6/4/13 12:39 PM
e. kaye

Barnett is better on the ground than Mir.

6/4/13 12:40 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

hogh20 - An unconscious Mir still managed to sub Big Nog. What makes you think Barnett can do what Nog didn't? What has Barnett done lately to make you think he will finish Mir?
Continue to pound mir's head ala carwin. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 7:10 PM
hogh20

Yes, Barnett has demonstrated that kind of power... Never. Is your brain functioning?
6/4/13 7:24 PM
armbarring
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/04/13 7:24 PM
Watch out Josh. Slut might be offensive to whores.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.