UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman was 'freaking out' over Silva injury

6/3/13 9:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last week a rumor surfaced that Anderson Silva may have suffered a rib injury and would be unable to defend his title at UFC 162. The person most affected by the injury other than Silva might be Chris Weidman, who relayed his roller coaster of emotions to Ariel Helwani on the MMA hour:

"I was like, 'Don't tell me this, don't tell me this,'" he recalled to Helwani on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I'm freaking out. I'm like, 'I need to go home and take a nap. I need to go exit the world for a little bit. Honestly, I needed to go home and take a nap because I was going to start freaking out. It was just too much. Overload. I was freaking out. And then we ended up finding out it wasn't true, knock on wood."

The report of Silva's rib injury stemmed from Yahoo! Brazil, but the possibility of Silva withdrawing was quickly refuted by both UFC president Dana White and Silva's camp.

Still, it's been difficult for Weidman to shake the fear that something will sidetrack his long-awaited matchup, which is set for July 6 in Las Vegas.

"There's something that scares me with that, yeah," he said. "The thing is, it’s been a long road. After I fought Munoz, I called him out. We were supposed to fight and it ended up not happening a couple times. So I still have that mind set. But I'm training for the fight. I believe it's going to happen. But there's something inside me that's a little bit like, 'I just really want this fight to happen.' I just want to be in that cage with him. I just want to get to July 6. I want to get to the weigh-ins. I want to look at him. I want to see him physically there and I'll be a happy man."

read entire article...

6/3/13 9:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mijo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shut up Chris.....
6/3/13 9:57 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Whineman really swears Silva is scared of him.
6/3/13 9:59 PM
The Brool Story Company

mods/admins must be working overtime, lol@UG Blog's sudden turnaround in vote ups

6/3/13 10:01 PM
Mookie Blaylock

Weidman is taking that belt.

6/3/13 10:04 PM
fasthandssam
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that "rumor" was just part of Silva's asymmetric warfare. He's in Weidman's head!
6/3/13 10:08 PM
SupesUp
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just don't like hearing this guy talk for some reason. Phone Post
6/3/13 10:08 PM
Kostakio
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/13 10:09 PM
Fade7
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The excessive paranoia makes him hella annoying. The fights a month away, just settle down lol
6/3/13 10:09 PM
Rudi

WIDEman should be freaking out that Anderson is healthy. Phone Post
6/3/13 10:12 PM
Rudi

Mookie Blaylock -

And wrapping it around Anderson's waist after weidman wakes up. Phone Post
6/3/13 10:16 PM
Hocky Balboa
10775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/3/13 10:22 PM
youarewhatiswrong
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa - 

that, sir, gets a vote up.
6/3/13 10:23 PM
semtex0809
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was freaking out too Phone Post
6/3/13 10:24 PM
i_shogun_ruas

Weidmans a clown Phone Post 3.0
6/3/13 10:29 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kick him in the rib
6/3/13 10:31 PM
Kostakio
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong -
Hocky Balboa - 

that, sir, gets a vote up.
. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/13 10:33 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/04/13 7:32 AM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
TTT.
6/3/13 10:48 PM
nolabrum

ManWithTheIronFists - Chris Whineman really swears Silva is scared of him.
How did you reach this conclusion? Obviously not from this article. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/13 11:07 PM
irishrottie
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats with american fans hating on their guy? especially a guy as talented and humble as chris (dont say he isnt humble for being confident he will beat anderson)

6/3/13 11:16 PM
Lite
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Weidman has a good shot at beating Silva, but it certainly hasn't been a "long road" to this title shot. Munoz was being positioned for the next shot, and when Weidman beat him, he jumped to the front of the line.
6/3/13 11:19 PM
Rudi

Lite - I think Weidman has a good shot at beating Silva, but it certainly hasn't been a "long road" to this title shot. Munoz was being positioned for the next shot, and when Weidman beat him, he jumped to the front of the line.
Thanks for letting us know. We surely would never know that if it wasnt for your vast mixed martial arts knowledge. Phone Post
6/3/13 11:29 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum - 
ManWithTheIronFists - Chris Whineman really swears Silva is scared of him.
How did you reach this conclusion? Obviously not from this article. Phone Post 3.0

You know he's thinking it since he has complained a lot in the past implying Silva doesn't want him because he's scared to lose.
6/3/13 11:49 PM
MAINMAYNARD

Why is he acting like Anderson would even pull out he never has once a bout is signed Phone Post
6/4/13 12:13 AM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth

Rudi -
Mookie Blaylock -

And wrapping it around Anderson's waist after weidman wakes up. Phone Post
...from his nap he took today. What a horrible nightmare that was.

Thank God it was all just a dream, and Chris is still on track to take that belt from Silva. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.