UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor never.......

7/9/13 3:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pro Ice
2029 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

7/9/13 3:39 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Quintana - 
Dana Stern -  Fedor was great and amazing to watch, but he fought a shitload of cans, as well as some tough fighters, and when he should and could have been fighting the best guys in the world as often as possible he and his management chose to take on far less dangerous road that backfired. I like Fedor but the truth is the truth. Anderson fought in the toughest org against the toughest guys available in 2 weight classes and I hate Anderson. Phone Post

Strikeforce had just as tough a heavyweight division as the UFC when fedor was in Strikeforce.

Honest question, who did they have at the time he signed with them?

7/9/13 3:48 PM
IIAces

HELWIG -

Purposely avoided fighting his opponent and stunk up the joint.

Threw jabs for 25 minutes to avoid any risk to himself.

Married a professional sex worker.

Tested positive for a banned substance.

Got unearned title shots by talking shit.

Cut weight to face smaller guys.

Had kids out of wedlock and then left them to be raised by their mother.

Got his ass beat and then complained about the opponent's style or the judge's decision.

Had a "twitter war".

Gave away his image rights for life.

Dyed his hair and got tattoos to be "EXTREME!1".

Tapped to strikes.

Caved to the will of any promoter, matchmaker, or figure.

Was he ever tested for banned substances? And what promotion had him tested. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 3:49 PM
IIAces

Before Strikeforce of course. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 7:57 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the greatest threads ever!

TTT
7/9/13 8:04 PM
Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Omega, Fedor was a co-owner of M1. That would be like Dana White going to work for Pride. There is no arguing Fedor was a great man. The fact that he never said a single bad thing about any opponent ever is a pretty good benchmark. Phone Post
7/9/13 8:06 PM
cumprido1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The true GOAT. Never talked trash. Just went out and won. Phone Post
7/9/13 8:40 PM
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok Phone Post
7/9/13 9:54 PM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - 
Garv - 

I actually respect Fedor more for not signing with the UFC.

Werd. The more of their bullshit I see, e.g., not interviewing Kennedy, the more I think of them as a bunch of gangsters.

I don't know.....Fedor's management always came across as rather slimey as well
7/9/13 11:53 PM
El_Varaco
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i still don't know how people got the impression that Fedor ONLY fought cans
7/10/13 12:26 AM
D241

Dana Stern -  Fedor was great and amazing to watch, but he fought a shitload of cans, as well as some tough fighters, and when he should and could have been fighting the best guys in the world as often as possible he and his management chose to take on far less dangerous road that backfired. I like Fedor but the truth is the truth. Anderson fought in the toughest org against the toughest guys available in 2 weight classes and I hate Anderson. Phone Post

New fans don't understand, when you become champion, and successfully defend your title, you normally fight your toughest challengers first, and then you fight obviously lower competition. This goes for all greats, Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jon Jones.....

I challenge you, or anyone, to make a list of every opponent you think Fedor should have fought, and the time frame in which Fedor should have fought him. 

7/10/13 12:28 AM
D241

I will even prove how Zulu was arguably the best opponent AT THE TIME for Fedor to face-

So many other guys, while not top 5, were better opponents. Hell, Sergei, Semmy, Barnett, Igor, and even James Thompson would all have been better than Zulu."

People forget that when you become champion, you fight your toughest fights first. Rarely, do champions get past all of them. Fedor did. Coleman was a legit challenge, Fedor beat him. Fought some other guys, went back to fighting Coleman again, and beat him.
Nog was a legit challenge, Fedor beat him. Fought him again, won again.
Fedor didn't give much reason to rematch him. He'd already handled guys, so the option is, do we put him in against someone he's already beat, or can we make a more intriguing match up and put him in with a big ass mother fucker like Zulu. This doesn't mean Zulu was a top guy, but it was a fight that was arguably the easiest to make At The Time.

James Thompson-In 2005 he'd already lost to Alexandre Emelianenko. He was scheduled to fight on the same card as Fedor/Zulu.
If your argument is they should have put James in against Fedor instead of Zulu-
Fedor vs-a guy his brother already beat, who was 2-1 in Pride with both wins against crap opponents
or
Fedor vs-a guy who was undefeated, 1-0 in Pride against 1 crap opponent, but had huge size as a variable/selling point
Thompson at the time:10-2, 2-1 in Pride, 6'5, 290lbs
Zulu at the time was:5-0, 10-0 in Pride, 6'7 390lbs

Igor Vovchanchyn at the time-
Went down to LHW
Had 2 wins against much smaller opponents, and then lost to 205 Overeem, and 185 Nakamura.(Igor had already fought 4 times in 2005, was 2-2, with his last two being losses)

Josh Barnett at the time-
was 0-2 in Pride, with his losses coming to a guy whom Fedor beat 4 months prior.
0-2 against a guy Fedor just beat, is a good fight to make?(at the time)

7/10/13 12:29 AM
D241

Semmy Schilt-
At the time, hadn't had an mma fight in a year in a half. He was 3-3 in Pride. One of his losses was against a guy Fedor beat twice, and another one of his losses was against Fedor in a fight he got dominated.

Sergei Kharitonov-
At the time, hadn't fought in over a year, his last fight was a loss, a loss against a guy Fedor beat, twice. Add the fact that Fedor/Sergei were teammates on Red Devil, the demand for that fight wasn't comparable to Rashad/Jones as Fedor was far more proven, and Sergei, not so much.

7/10/13 12:41 AM
Kanabull
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

El_Varaco - i still don't know how people got the impression that Fedor ONLY fought cans

With all those fights people name off when they try and discredit him, he was fighting 4-5 times a year.

If the UFC champs fought 4-5 times a year, they would have to be fighting some "cans" too. It's still risky getting in there with any pro fighter, as Anderson Silva proved last Saturday.

GSP has not fought three times in a year since he has been champ. He also fought only once in 2012, and will only fight twice in 2013.

People can talk all the shit they want. Fact is Fedor was on like every other card in Pride.

Sometimes I forget that GSP is even the champ because I never see him.
7/10/13 12:46 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

New fans don't understand, when you become champion, and successfully defend your title, you normally fight your toughest challengers first, and then you fight obviously lower competition. This goes for all greats, Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jon Jones.....

I challenge you, or anyone, to make a list of every opponent you think Fedor should have fought, and the time frame in which Fedor should have fought him. 

As you know, this has already been gone through many times and they don't care.

Fedor beat all the people he needed to. The ones he didn't fight either got weeded out along the way or were too busy failing drug tests or trying to fight Zuffa lawyers to fight Fedor.
7/10/13 10:12 AM
Akston
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRUTH Phone Post
7/10/13 10:12 AM
vruntson

best ever.
7/10/13 10:25 AM
JudOWNED
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/10/13 10:25 AM
I don't think anyone can deny he fought some cans. But his affliction/strikeforce run was pretty good. Given that he wasn't in the UFC, he fought the best that were otherwise available, including 2 former UFC champions, and including 3 guys that are now in the UFC and considered to be top contenders. Doesn't seem at all to me like he was avoiding anyone. He just took the fights he could get.
7/10/13 10:33 AM
D241

omega 2013 - 
D241 - 

i give lists all the time of LEGIT fighters fedor passed over to fight cans and freak matches. bottom line is fedor delusionists will always make excuses for him not fighting the best available challengers every time out. guys with 1,2,3,4 mma wins NEVER have any business surpassing legit fighters. who do you think had a better chance of beating fedor or giving him a real fight:hmc,zulu,lindland or barnett,kharitonov,ricco? coleman didn't do anything to earn a 2nd shot at fedor other than being older,known to the general U.S.mma fan and POSING NO THREAT.

When do you claim Fedor avoided Barnett? Same goes for Kharitonov and Ricco. When, as in what time frame, do you think Fedor should have fought those guys?

7/10/13 10:56 AM
Haulport

omega 2013 - 
D241 - 

i give lists all the time of LEGIT fighters fedor passed over to fight cans and freak matches. bottom line is fedor delusionists will always make excuses for him not fighting the best available challengers every time out. guys with 1,2,3,4 mma wins NEVER have any business surpassing legit fighters. who do you think had a better chance of beating fedor or giving him a real fight:hmc,zulu,lindland or barnett,kharitonov,ricco? coleman didn't do anything to earn a 2nd shot at fedor other than being older,known to the general U.S.mma fan and POSING NO THREAT.

Fucking idiot trolls like you make me sick.

A 44 year old Mark Coleman WORKED OVER a juiced up 32 year old Stephan Bonnar. You should watch your mouth when you say "poses no threat" because, quite frankly, a loser who has never trained like yourself and has delusions that they have some sort of analytical mind really is in no position to evaluate anything because you possess not the brains nor the experience to understand what you are watching.

7/10/13 11:43 AM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never was asked "Hows my big PeePee taste" Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 12:23 PM

omega 2013 - 
Haulport - 
omega 2013 - 
D241 - 

A 44 year old Mark Coleman WORKED OVER a juiced up 32 year old Stephan Bonnar. You should watch your mouth when you say "poses no threat" because, quite frankly, a loser who has never trained like yourself and has delusions that they have some sort of analytical mind really is in no position to evaluate anything because you possess not the brains nor the experience to understand what you are watching.

did you just compare Stephan Bonner to FEDOR!?!? and you want to call someone delusional...and lol @ me not training. tell me exactly what's YOUR training background? or mma expertise?

You don't know that Fedor passed up those fights. You are basically saying that it's Fedors fault he didn't fight Barnett, but, when Barnett has the chance to fight Fedor, Josh failed the fucking drug test.

So...
7/10/13 12:36 PM

omega 2013 - 
Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole - 
omega 2013 - 
Haulport - 
omega 2013 - 
D241 - 

did you just compare Stephan Bonner to FEDOR!?!? and you want to call someone delusional...and lol @ me not training. tell me exactly what's YOUR training background? or mma expertise?

You don't know that Fedor passed up those fights. You are basically saying that it's Fedors fault he didn't fight Barnett, but, when Barnett has the chance to fight Fedor, Josh failed the fucking drug test.

So...

you picked 1 guy. what about the others? why all the cans when he could have been fighting legit hw's?

You mean I picked one guy out of the multiple that you ASSUME Fedor ducked? Yea, that's right, I picked one guy as an EXAMPLE of how you don't know shit, don't have any inside information on the subject, clearly don't know anything about MMA and it's inner workings, and are basically just making statements out your ass for the sake of arguing.

How about you back up your assertion that Fedor ducked those opponents by providing this little thing called "Evidence"? You know, that thing you should have before you make statements claiming something is true?
7/10/13 1:42 PM

That is not a fact at all. That seems like another one of those statements similar to the one you made just a couple posts back where you talk out your ass. Phone Post
7/10/13 2:36 PM

omega 2013 - 
omega 2013 - 
Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole -  That is not a fact at all. That seems like another one of those statements similar to the one you made just a couple posts back where you talk out your ass. Phone Post

explain how it's not a fact. explain how hong man choi,lindland,zulu,coleman,tk were legit contenders.

also explain how those fighters were better contenders than kharitonov,barnett,ricco...

It's not a fact that Fedor chose not to fight those people. I know it's not a fact because you still haven't produced any evidence to back up your claim.

And, that is because you are talking out your ass trying to bash a man who would read this entire thread and still show you respect.

Because you're an idiot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.