UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor never.......

1/12/14 11:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IsmokeCrack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv - "HW is the most volatile division. You can't get a UFC champ to defend the belt more than 1 time, other than BROCK, since EVER. No so much UFC was a joke, more Fedor and Nog were that good. "

Newsflash: Nog never defended the belt. He lost his first title defense. Fedor defended the belt 3 times during his entire Pride title reign, while Cain Velasquez has already defended the belt twice in under a year since winning it back.
10 years undefeated hommie. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 11:06 AM
IsmokeCrack

Never even lost a round. Out stuck the strikers and out grappled the grapples.

Always went for he kill. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 11:11 AM
Entreri

Fedor is definitely in the GOAT discussion, along with Silva and GSP.
1/12/14 11:20 AM
Fattiecorpuscle
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor is the type of fighter that gets people in to MMA once they've seen one highlight tape.

He never had to say a word to make you hyped about his fights. Whenever a Fedor fight was coming up I would just feel chills thinking about the epicness way before the fight even happened.

He never hyped shit. He just fought his ass off and kept people coming back for more, how a real fighter should. Phone Post
1/12/14 11:34 AM
Bobby Lupo
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv - "HW is the most volatile division. You can't get a UFC champ to defend the belt more than 1 time, other than BROCK, since EVER. No so much UFC was a joke, more Fedor and Nog were that good. "

Newsflash: Nog never defended the belt. He lost his first title defense. Fedor defended the belt 3 times during his entire Pride title reign, while Cain Velasquez has already defended the belt twice in under a year since winning it back.

Cain only defended it against guys he already beat.

1/12/14 11:42 AM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Bobby Lupo - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - "HW is the most volatile division. You can't get a UFC champ to defend the belt more than 1 time, other than BROCK, since EVER. No so much UFC was a joke, more Fedor and Nog were that good. "

Fedor only defended it once in the first two years of his reign -- against a guy he had already fought twice.
1/12/14 11:46 AM

"10 years undefeated hommie. "

So you're abandoning your initial point about title defenses? Good call.

"Never even lost a round."

A truly meaningless statement given that Pride didn't score rounds. But he certainly lost a round to Arona (hence the need for the overtime round).
1/12/14 12:17 PM
Heikki Mustola
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TEAR GAS KUSH - 
sparkuri -  Who can fill this void? Phone Post

Rhonda Rousey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vcUNUarrZA
1/12/14 12:28 PM
Yun
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

role model.

most fighters should learn from it. Looks like Mexican-Fedor is right there following in the footsteps of the GOaT Phone Post
1/12/14 12:44 PM
Bobby Lupo
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He lost a round against fringe contender Bigfoot Silva. He lost the Arona fight altogether. Almost no sane person saw Fedor winning that thing laying on his back holding Arona's head. 

Something remarkable about Fedor is that he ate 6 or 7 of those Mirko left straights and didn't go down or even get rubber legs from them. They were laser shots, KO shots, but he was in such an aggressive bezerker mode that it didn't phase him. If you watch the CC-Fedor fight, CC lands the much cleaner and harder strikes, they do nothing to Fedor and he counters with aggression and wild misses that mentally shuts Cro Cop down when he keeps coming forward. It's an amazing thing actually.

1/12/14 12:51 PM

"he ate 6 or 7 of those Mirko left straights and didn't go down or even get rubber legs from them."

Looks rubber legged to me. http://i44.tinypic.com/1464h4.jpg

1/12/14 1:02 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

gokudamus stole my name iv - 
Bobby Lupo - 

Fedor  defended it once in the first two years of his reign -- against a Prime Nogueira, a Prime Nogueira that Fedor beat twice. NOT the same old, beat up Nogueira that Cain beat to get his title shot. That's right, Cain beat a watered down Nog to get the title, where as Fedor beat him 2 times, in his prime. Nog went SEVEN years losing to only one man.

Right on orcus!!
Glad to see you have stopped your obsessive behavior on jumping on any and every positive Fedor thread trying to discredit the man. 
Congradulations on this positive turn of events.

I'll keep up with your great post above and add this:

orcus - In terms of my estimation of their skills/strengths, in no order:

Fedor
Nog
Cain

and then I start drawing a blank. Overeem ought to be on there but it remains to be seen if he will be a monster in reality as he is on paper, once he starts fighting good opponents. Barnett maybe? But he's looked kind of crappy often too. Tough to say.

orcus - There is simply no fighter at any weight who is as good at wrestling, striking and submissions as Fedor is, with his speed, strength, stamina, and strategy. Case closed.

orcus - "That said, he doesn't finish, which clearly makes him less dominant in his weight class."By your logic, maybe it shows the DEPTH of the HW division because they are all so tough and hard to finish. "Aurelio was probably borderline top 10.. but he just beat #1 GOMI. this shows DEPTH in the division."lol -- why do I have the feeling that if a "borderline top 10" fighter choked out Fedor that it would show that Fedor was laughably over-rated rather than that the division has "DEPTH"? Gomi beats all the LWs = shows his dominance. Fedor beats all the HWs = shows how thin the division is. Gomi gets beat = shows depth of his division, making his dominance even more impressive. Fedor gets beat = shows he isn't that great.Todd and MrColdCock are right on -- guys like Nog, Arlovski, Crocop, possibly Alexander, Barnett, Hunt soon could all beat each other on any given night. But no one, apparently, can touch Fedor.

1/12/14 1:04 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

Oh, and in those two years of Fedor defending his belt twice, he also fought 9 times ;)

1/12/14 1:17 PM
stonepony

People were making excuses about Fedor being old, when he was still in his 20s. Anderson was champion and fighting in the big leagues in to his late 30s.

Anderson.
Georges.
JBJ.

Respect to those Pride fighters who came over and gave it a try. They almost all were cut or struggled to keep contracts, but, they tried. Cro Cop is a stud.
1/12/14 1:32 PM

"Glad to see you have stopped your obsessive behavior on jumping on any and every positive Fedor thread trying to discredit the man. "

Glad to see you have stopped your obsessisve behavior of following me around and filing away every post I make, along with personal details such as my photo and my age. I wonder if your "orcus" folder is right there on your Windows desktop for immediate access? Also glad to see you are still being a little bitch about FACTUAL ERRORS BEING CORRECTED.

"Oh, and in those two years of Fedor defending his belt twice, he also fought 9 times ;)"

Cool. Presumably if the guy were making a point of how often Fedor fought, he would have said so. However, his point was that the UFC heavyweight champs couldn't defend the belt more than once, except for Brock. So my correction that Cain has defended twice in one year, while Fedor defended three times in his 3.5 year reign, would seem relevant. Do you disagree?

That's my favorite thing about you nuthuggers: You talk up Fedor with idiotic or factually false statements. Then, when called on it, you do two things: You complain about "discrediting" and "haters", and you switch to an entirely different claim, one that presumably wasn't the basis for your worship or you would have said so in the first place.
1/12/14 2:38 PM
RyannVonDoom

GOAT Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 2:47 PM
Bobby Lupo

Fedor also couldn't do shit from Mirko's kickboxing/ karate guard. The so called King of GnP was just hanging around between Mirko's legs. He did nothing from there with his fists or subs.

1/12/14 3:17 PM
WALES1

How could you be an MMA fan and see it as a good thing that Fedor didn't sign with the UFC is beyond me.

If you love MMA and Fedor, like me, you should be gutted that Fedor didn't have a run in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 3:23 PM
superCulo

The real people's champion Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 6:05 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

Tomas, I almost don't want to burst your bubble, but that banner you're thinking about was a romo lol

1/12/14 7:27 PM
IsmokeCrack

gokudamus stole my name iv - "10 years undefeated hommie. "

A truly meaningless statement given that Pride didn't score rounds. But he certainly lost a round to Arona (hence the need for the overtime round).
He was the lineal champ for 8 years. He defended that belt over and over.

But aside from that, he had this aura of invincibility, ferocity, and calm before the storm. Great sportsman.

My point, he is GOAT Phone Post 3.0
1/12/14 8:02 PM

IsmokeCrack - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - "10 years undefeated hommie. "

He was the lineal champ for 8 years. He defended that belt over and over.

But aside from that, he had this aura of invincibility, ferocity, and calm before the storm. Great sportsman.

My point, he is GOAT Phone Post 3.0

Whatever dude. You showed up in the thread to spout off about why Fedor was the GOAT and the only reason you gave was flat out FALSE. Don't get all upset about it, just go back and regroup and try again next time.
1/12/14 9:31 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

Why did you show up to this thread? Is it your duty?

1/12/14 9:35 PM

It's fun deflating dopes. How about you? Is it your duty to attempt to defend Fedor with your collection of repetitive stalkerisms, misunderstandings, and confused connections?
1/12/14 9:37 PM
SevenLeggedSpider

Your obsession is my obsession homie. You do it, so I make you pay.

Cha ching.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.