UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor never.......

6/4/13 8:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Malvert the Janitor
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy OP! Damn good!

Can't believe it took me so long to see this...

Really respectable post, man' Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 8:51 PM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Abe still refuses to accept that Overeem was never anything more than a performance enhancing drug fueled B-level fighter.

Which is sad. Because Abe was around to see him at his LHW run. And at HW before he added every ounce of mass physically possible to his frame.

And then again when he was forced to not drug himself to the max.

Overeem's career peak will forever be the K-1 GP. He's not beating a Cain, JDS, etc level guy. The best he could do against Werdum was wait the fight out to avoid being subbed. And Werdum sucked too so its both their faults.

6/4/13 10:09 PM
D241

D241 - 
omega 2013 - beat a STANDING ufc champ.

had any success in the cage.

finished his top challengers.

You come off like an old grumpy angry black man.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know whatever happened to that big Fedor hater Fierce Dragon?

lol

6/4/13 10:13 PM
D241

SE555 - 

Pretty simple.

Tell BLAF to lay his money on the line. Once and for all.

BLAF can pick any one of his 12 month term HW UFC champions, how many as it been now?

make it worth Fedor's time and effort. Set 6 months forward. Offer up any UFC Champ to Fedor and the "myth" of the UFC will be settled once and for all.

With training and motivation FEDOR will take out any glorified UFC opponet presented to him.

No one, UFC or otherwise will have any fight, can or otherwise and never lose for 10 years whether you wish it or not.

Make it worth his while and motivate him to trigger his now lazy skills.

Oh by the way, let's here what he has to say. Listen closely, no complaints about any ear aches in this little interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohdJ2KvczZ0

6/4/13 10:16 PM
D241

FinestScotch - 

^^ that said Fedor never let me down in a fight.

Awesome to watch, but not the GOAT, and it's not close.

Ironically I'm betting that whoever you think IS the Goat, you can't say they've never let you down in a fight.

6/4/13 10:43 PM
MRG1
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss Fedor.

6/4/13 10:51 PM
mma ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ALL BOW BEFORE THE GOAT!
6/4/13 11:05 PM
Fan of fanboys
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch -

Fedor never retired before his mystique was crushed. The 1st, 3rd and 4th best guys he fought beat him.

Fedor never beat any of the 8 best current UFC HWs, despite not being significantly older than them (same age as Roy Nelson). He was also finished by 2 of them.

Fedor never told his management what to do in order to cement his legacy, and let Finklestein ruin the prime of his career.

Fedor never again needs to be called "GOAT". Andy>Bones>GSP>Fedor/Aldo.

Wow. Either amazing troll or stupid. Or both.
So Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo make up 3 of four best opponents he has ever fought? Really?
And to make argument that a guy who is retired for about a year, and who hit his 9 year mark in 2009 (there is a valid and reasonable theory majority of guys start to decline quickly after 9 years) hasn't beat top 8 in 2013 rankings in UFC is retarded. Like you're seriously dumb. Guess who hast beat anyone in UFC top 8 at 205?Chuck and Tito. So using your lack of logic can we say they suck?
Oh and Penn has never beat anyone in current top 8 at 155. So guess can scratch out his accomplishments based on your idiotic thought process.

Fact: Fedor's prime was 2000-2009. That's a long period. In that period, regardless of organization. He fought and beat anyone with legit claim to top 10 HW except maybe 2-3 guys. And they weren't top 10 entire period, just at some point. No one else can say that. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 11:24 PM
Wonderboysleftlung
855 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor is one of if not the greatest HWs fighters on the planet right now

Saying he fought cans is shit. He beat big nog, cro cop, Coleman herring (who at that time was considered one of the best) beat a prime babalu etc. sure he had some easy fights but he beat the best HWs in the world in pride and even arlovski was a top HW when he fought him in affliction. The only top HW he didn't beat at the time was Mir/randy.

His legacy will always be questioned because he didn't fight in the UFC but by the time the UFC HW division was getting stacked his prime was starting to fade. His strike force tenure ruined an amazing run but he gave it his all and went out on his shield and for that he always deserves a fans respect

I'm my book not the GOAT of all time but as a HW GOAT he is it Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 11:28 PM
HELWIG

Question: How many people watching the events AS THEY OCCURED from 1999-2011 felt Fedor was far and away the best HW ever?

Answer: Almost all.

Question: How many people with 2001-2005(pre TUF influx of assholes) join dates on here feel Fedor is the GOAT?

Answer: Quite a few.

Question: how many know-nothing, johnny come lately, needed the tv to tell me MMA was the cool thing to follow people think Fedor was "overrated" and would lose to "bees.....BEES!" Lesnar?

Answer: A suspicious amount.

Bottom line: When Anderson and GSP were getting flying leglocked and beaten into submission, Fedor was WINNING EVERY SINGLE ROUND OF EVERY SINGLE FIGHT HE FOUGHT. FOR NINE FUCKING YEARS.

It doesnt matter if you happen to care for him as an athlete. The man ruled the sport with an iron fist and had everyone else competing for 2nd best.

Deal with it.

6/4/13 11:54 PM
HELWIG

I present to you, exhibit A^

If I took a 2013 poster seriously, Id respond with "and what were Hendo and Werdum doing at that point in time to be in a position to challenge Fedor?

Being manhandled by Arona and Rogerio.

and

Doing well against lesser comp and being exposed as horribly one dimensional by Minotauro and Sergei.

But I honestly dont.

Again, "events as they occurred" is the ONLY valid perspective when discussing fight sport history.

6/4/13 11:55 PM
tomp6581
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -

Question: How many people watching the events AS THEY OCCURED from 1999-2011 felt Fedor was far and away the best HW ever?

Question: How many people with 2001-2005(pre TUF influx of assholes) join dates on here feel Fedor is the GOAT?

Question: how many know-nothing, johnny come lately, needed the tv to tell me MMA was the cool thing to follow people think Fedor was "overrated" and would lose to "bees.....BEES!" Lesnar?

Bottom line: When Anderson and GSP were getting flying leglocked and beaten into submission, Fedor was WINNING EVERY SINGLE ROUND OF EVERY SINGLE FIGHT HE FOUGHT. FOR NINE FUCKING YEARS.

It doesnt matter if you happen to care for him as an athlete. The man ruled the sport with an iron fist and had everyone else competing for 2nd best.

Deal with it.

Voted up Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 12:00 AM
I AM A MOFO
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch - 
D241 - 
FinestScotch - 

Ironically I'm betting that whoever you think IS the Goat, you can't say they've never let you down in a fight.

Andy has certainly let me down, the Maia fight was embarassing. Second place Bones quite literally running across the ring from Rampage was also very disappointing.

Flat out embrarassing.

Used to be Georges, and his last 4 years have been a let down as a whole.

lol, he didn't even stop when he was out of range, he just kept going all the way across the cage while Rampage looked at him like "REALLY?!".
6/5/13 12:01 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omega 2013 - 
HELWIG -

Deal with it.

No, he ruled pride's hw division. And even that's debatable b/c he didn't face Hendo and Werdum in pride,2 fighters he was finished by. Phone Post

LOL at this horseshit. Fedor was running it and neither Werdum or Henderson were in line to fight him at the time. Go back and do your homework, kids. He beat the people he was supposed to. The big names he didn't fight got knocked out of the running before they got to him.
6/5/13 12:11 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AM A MOFO - 
FinestScotch - 
D241 - 
FinestScotch - 

Andy has certainly let me down, the Maia fight was embarassing. Second place Bones quite literally running across the ring from Rampage was also very disappointing.

Flat out embrarassing.

Used to be Georges, and his last 4 years have been a let down as a whole.

lol, he didn't even stop when he was out of range, he just kept going all the way across the cage while Rampage looked at him like "REALLY?!".

That's why MMA has to be fought in something smaller than a parking lot.
6/5/13 12:46 AM
Evilzpet

FinestScotch - 
FinestScotch - 
HELWIG - 

I present to you, exhibit A^

If I took a 2013 poster seriously, Id respond with "and what were Hendo and Werdum doing at that point in time to be in a position to challenge Fedor?

Being manhandled by Arona and Rogerio.

and

Doing well against lesser comp and being exposed as horribly one dimensional by Minotauro and Sergei.

But I honestly dont.

Again, "events as they occurred" is the ONLY valid perspective when discussing fight sport history.

Events as they occurred... you mean how Zuluzinho got to fight a 25-1 Fedor at that time?

If that's not one of the greatest examples of a can crush ever, I don't know what is.

I mean, TK getting a rematch was somewhat understandable, to right* that travesty.... but Zulu-fkn-zinho?!?!?

Zulu was undefeated at the time.  Nog fought and beat him afterwards but never gets mentioned.

6/5/13 12:54 AM
LittleKang
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SE555 -

Nice Phone Post
6/5/13 1:21 AM
sparkuri

HELWIG - 

Purposely avoided fighting his opponent and stunk up the joint.

Threw jabs for 25 minutes to avoid any risk to himself.

Married a professional sex worker.

Tested positive for a banned substance.

Got unearned title shots by talking shit.

Cut weight to face smaller guys.

Had kids out of wedlock and then left them to be raised by their mother.

Got his ass beat and then complained about the opponent's style or the judge's decision.

Had a "twitter war".

Gave away his image rights for life.

Dyed his hair and got tattoos to be "EXTREME!1".

Tapped to strikes.

Caved to the will of any promoter, matchmaker, or figure.

vu

6/5/13 1:30 AM
CDarwin
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vu when on pc Phone Post
6/5/13 1:32 AM
McGruff The Crime Hog
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen many a Fedor thread in my day. For some reason this one got to me, made me a bit sad. Like we may never see that type of fighter again. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 3:15 AM
Neil McCauley

Helwinning
6/5/13 4:10 AM
bando661
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know, I have no issue calling fedor the goat @ HW, and deff top 4 of all time. It's just when you see all the arguments as to why he is so much better than Anderson, it kinda takes me back, like one I heard was "he wasn't fighting cans, he was fighting the top guys in his division" but the same people than discredit AS because they say his wins are against "cans"

Muhammad Ali would taunt his opponents in the ring and IMHO I believe it was a huge mental aspect of his fighting, so don't make it a bad thing. I'm sorry but if I was fighting someone and I was doing everything I could to try and hit them and just came up with air...... N saw my opponent dancing around and doing whatever he wanted, I'd probably be getting some pretty negative thoughts I'm my head. The same goes for fedor, watching a man with no expression no fear, he is just here to fight, and nothing is going to stop him. 

It shouldn't be about discrediting wins, or trying to find the lamest reasons to put one above the other. It should be about appreciation, what every fighter now and along with fedor have done is nothing less than amazing! Who is the goat.... What does it matter in the end really?? All we can do is educate new fans on how great this man was!! Because he deserves it, no one should just push his name to the side.

i guess what I'm trying to say is, can't we all just get along??????? :) 

6/5/13 4:33 AM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor has never...

... asked where his opponents jiu-jitsu is now. Playboy.

... had a larger wingspan than an opponent.

... accused Rampage of having bad breath.

... probed by aliens (allegedly).

... been eye-loved by Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Am I doing it right?

Hehe, seriously though. We will never see another Fedor. GOAT.
6/5/13 5:25 AM
CDarwin
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I literally love the man.

If there ever was a role model in sports he's the one imo.

6/5/13 6:09 AM
sparkuri

CDarwin -

I literally love the man.

If there ever was a role model in sports he's the one imo.

Well yeah!

He forgave you, and you didn't even have to ask. Big cozy warm open sweater, holding ice cream.
He loves you to!
Go to him.
NO, ....RUN to him. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.