UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor never.......

6/5/13 8:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrColdCock
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

"The man ruled the sport with an iron fist"

lol @ saying a guy who only fought two of the top contenders in his division was ruling the sport with an iron fist. 

Nog x2, Arlovski, Sylvia, Cro Cop, Hunt, Coleman, Fujita, Schilt, Herring, Rogers, Randleman were all top 10 when he beat them.

Apparently only two of those guys were top contenders. Since the other guys weren't top contenders, why don't you list all the guys from 2000-2008 who qualify in your mind as top contenders.

This should be fun. Phone Post
6/5/13 9:38 AM
Foob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOAT

6/5/13 10:53 AM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I lupowned this shit."

Usually, the idea is to let other people say this about your contribution. 

6/5/13 11:09 AM
6 Late Hammerfists
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The combination of his in ring skills and the way he conducted himself outside of the ring.... Makes him the greatest fighter Mother Earth has ever had walk her plains. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 11:38 AM
Bobby Lupo
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG - 
"I lupowned this shit."

Usually, the idea is to let other people say this about your contribution. 

I'm much quicker than the average UG'er.

I think I'm the only reliable Fedor poster around here. Somewhere between Whistleblower and Orcus, but without their passion.

Fedor was the best to ever step in the ring or cage. No discussion. But he could have been greater if he wasn't so interested in handpicking opponents and evolved with the sport. If Fedor trained with the same intensity and intelligence he did in the mid 00s, he'd have already beaten Cain, JDS and Overeem.
6/5/13 12:40 PM
Evilzpet

Awesome thread

6/5/13 1:11 PM
Garv
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/05/13 1:11 PM
Ban April 1st, Please!

Beautiful, HELWIG. VTFU!

6/5/13 1:29 PM
rbl
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He never changed expression from when he walked out to when they handed him his trophy. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 1:30 PM
Blak302

Never held UFC gold. Just saying...
6/5/13 1:56 PM
Garv
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/05/13 1:57 PM
Ban April 1st, Please!
Blak302 - Never held UFC gold. Just saying...

At the time of Fedor's reign in Pride, Tim Sylvia was UFC champ.  All the best HWs were in Pride at the time.  Look at Arlovski.  After losing the UFC title and before fighting Fedor, he went on a five fight win streak where he beat UFC contender Werdum and in KO'd Roy Nelson.  Then he fought Fedor and got KO'd. 

There is no question that at the time of Pride, Fedor was the best HW in the world.  He did not need to hold UFC gold to prove that. 

6/5/13 1:58 PM
Bobby Lupo
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never had nude pics with dudes online Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 2:21 PM
Bushido Jones

Huge Fedor fan from the old Pride days, even caught a couple of Rings shows growing up in Hawai'i.

Fedor never threw a Leg kick he didn't like!

6/5/13 3:10 PM
JimmersonzGlove
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Never had nude pics with dudes online Phone Post 3.0

Sergei disagrees.
6/5/13 3:19 PM
orcus

MrColdCock - 
orcus -

lol @ saying a guy who only fought two of the top contenders in his division was ruling the sport with an iron fist. 

Nog x2, Arlovski, Sylvia, Cro Cop, Hunt, Coleman, Fujita, Schilt, Herring, Rogers, Randleman were all top 10 when he beat them.

Apparently only two of those guys were top contenders. Since the other guys weren't top contenders, why don't you list all the guys from 2000-2008 who qualify in your mind as top contenders.

I'm pretty sure anyone on the face of the earth listing the "top contenders" just in Pride, you know Fedor's org, would have listed Werdum, Barnett, Kharitonov and not Hunt, Coleman, Zulu, Fujita, and Randleman. Just a hunch. Those latter guys weren't even fighting anyone of any relevance whatsoever in the actual division at the time or for years prior, other than the occasional goofball matchup with Crocop for some of them. So how the fuck could they be top contenders? 

6/5/13 3:22 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Backpacked around Central America Phone Post
6/5/13 3:28 PM
SMOKING MANHOLE
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing - Or broke into a church in the middle of the night naked. Phone Post
At first I was thinking...what does Randy Travis have to do with mma. Phone Post
6/5/13 3:41 PM
Garv

Ban April 1st, Please!
orcus - 
MrColdCock - 
orcus -

I'm pretty sure anyone on the face of the earth listing the "top contenders" just in Pride, you know Fedor's org, would have listed Werdum, Barnett, Kharitonov and not Hunt, Coleman, Zulu, Fujita, and Randleman. Just a hunch. Those latter guys weren't even fighting anyone of any relevance whatsoever in the actual division at the time or for years prior, other than the occasional goofball matchup with Crocop for some of them. So how the fuck could they be top contenders? 

During the same time, in the UFC, the top contenders were Paul Buentello, Monson and Justin Eilers.  So at the time, I don't think there is a question that Pride had the best HWs.  You might argue that the era itself sucked, but you still have to say Pride had a better HW stable. 

Now say it.  SAY IT! lol

6/5/13 3:54 PM
wrongaboutVitali
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG - 

I present to you, exhibit A^

If I took a 2013 poster seriously, Id respond with "and what were Hendo and Werdum doing at that point in time to be in a position to challenge Fedor?

Being manhandled by Arona and Rogerio.

and

Doing well against lesser comp and being exposed as horribly one dimensional by Minotauro and Sergei.

But I honestly dont.

Again, "events as they occurred" is the ONLY valid perspective when discussing fight sport history.

So much truth here (and in ALL your posts in this thread)

VU, sir.
6/5/13 4:13 PM
orcus

"During the same time, in the UFC, the top contenders were Paul Buentello, Monson and Justin Eilers.  So at the time, I don't think there is a question that Pride had the best HWs.  You might argue that the era itself sucked, but you still have to say Pride had a better HW stable. Now say it.  SAY IT! lol"

I think they did. But being #1 in the better of two poor divisions isn't "ruling the sport with an iron fist", especially when you don't even fight many if not most of the better guys in your own organization as champion.

6/5/13 4:16 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus, this is why you can't have nice things Phone Post
6/5/13 4:30 PM
orcus

6/5/13 4:41 PM
Lazer MMA

orcus - 

"During the same time, in the UFC, the top contenders were Paul Buentello, Monson and Justin Eilers.  So at the time, I don't think there is a question that Pride had the best HWs.  You might argue that the era itself sucked, but you still have to say Pride had a better HW stable. Now say it.  SAY IT! lol"

I think they did. But being #1 in the better of two poor divisions isn't "ruling the sport with an iron fist", especially when you don't even fight many if not most of the better guys in your own organization as champion.

What's an Fedor thread without some Fedor bashing by Orcus I ask you UG??

It could not be legit!

So all the best fighters almost in the world left to fight where the $$$ was in PRIDe, but the best were no good because that's just the way it was! Dig it! So Nog X2, Coleman X2, the Monster, AA (rated #2 at that time, a later point then PRIDe in this one case), CC, & Herring were just not that good.

You got it UG? 7-0 VS those that ever held the UFC belt = crap

Can you tell us your hero's record over there in PRIDe VS sub par comp boss BTW? LMFAO!
6/5/13 4:57 PM
orcus

Lazer MMA - 
orcus - 

What's an Fedor thread without some Fedor bashing by Orcus I ask you UG??

It could not be legit!

So all the best fighters almost in the world left to fight where the $$$ was in PRIDe, but the best were no good because that's just the way it was! Dig it! So Nog X2, Coleman X2, the Monster, AA (rated #2 at that time, a later point then PRIDe in this one case), CC, & Herring were just not that good.

You got it UG? 7-0 VS those that ever held the UFC belt = crap

Can you tell us your hero's record over there in PRIDe VS sub par comp boss BTW? LMFAO!

It's always fun when someone quotes you but then responds to some bizarre imaginary post instead of to what they quoted.

6/5/13 5:04 PM
D241

When orcus can't control himself, the mma has fickle fans thread gets bumped.

DEAL WITH IT

6/5/13 5:06 PM
Johnny Ringo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRUTH.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.