UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Moraga: Johnson is boring, doesn't finish

6/4/13 1:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

John Moroga is an impressive 2-0 in the UFC's newly formed flyweight division and was scheduled for a title fight until champion Johnson was injured. Moroga recently spoke to Yahoo! Sports about his thoughts on the champion:

The 13-1 Moraga, who challenges Johnson in the main event of UFC on FOX 8 on July 27 in Seattle, didn’t mince words when asked what he thought of the inaugural titleholder in the UFC’s 125-pound weight class.

“I think he’s boring,” Moraga said in a recent interview.

But he was only getting started. Asked to clarify why he considers “Mighty Mouse” dull, Moraga unloaded.

“I think he just bounces around, he runs around so much and he don’t fight,” Moraga said. “You know, he doesn’t put on exciting fights. He has a lot of technique and a lot of skill, but he doesn’t go in there and try to finish people, I don’t feel.”

read entire article...

6/4/13 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dumbass JoeMimic
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also said he doesn't think MM is that fast. I hope he really doesn't believe that. Phone Post
6/4/13 2:06 PM
The Real Asian Cowboy
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnson has all the tools to be a diverse champ. But the guy hasn't had a KO or Sub in 3 years. I think that he just needs to pull the trigger, rather than smother.
6/4/13 2:09 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moraga! Soon the champ Phone Post
6/4/13 2:15 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, the level of competition Moraga has faced doesnt even compare to what MM has faced in his last 10 fights; Dodson, Benavidez, McCall (2x), Cruz, Torres, Yamamoto, Page, Pace and Pickett.   BTW... Moraga's lone loss is to Dodson.....it's easy to talk about finishing fights when you're not facing the top tier guys. 

6/4/13 5:08 PM
TopGrinder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Moraga. Another question is who the fuck is Moraga? Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 5:12 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't find Mighty Mouse boring i like watching him fight. He might not finish fights but neither does Bendo and let's not act like he is some bum
6/4/13 5:13 PM
claw11
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder - I agree with Moraga. Another question is who the fuck is Moraga? Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 5:26 PM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Real Asian Cowboy - Johnson has all the tools to be a diverse champ. But the guy hasn't had a KO or Sub in 3 years. I think that he just needs to pull the trigger, rather than smother.

His last four opponents have been Cruz, McCall, Dodson and Benevidez. McCall, Dodson and Benevidez combined have one stoppage loss between them in spite of the fact that they've spent the bulk of their careers fighting much larger opposition.

MM didn't try to finish Dodson when he kneed the shit out of him in the late rounds of their fight?

He didn't do any real damage to Benevidez?

I hope that Moraga is just talking shit for the sake of talking shit because his analysis of Johnson's fighting style sounds like some shit that you'd find posted on Sherdog. If this is what he and his camp really think about MM, then he's in for a rude awakening.

6/4/13 6:12 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forgot how beat up Joseph looked... damn

6/4/13 6:19 PM
DW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 
The Real Asian Cowboy - Johnson has all the tools to be a diverse champ. But the guy hasn't had a KO or Sub in 3 years. I think that he just needs to pull the trigger, rather than smother.

His last four opponents have been Cruz, McCall, Dodson and Benevidez. McCall, Dodson and Benevidez combined have one stoppage loss between them in spite of the fact that they've spent the bulk of their careers fighting much larger opposition.

MM didn't try to finish Dodson when he kneed the shit out of him in the late rounds of their fight?

He didn't do any real damage to Benevidez?

I hope that Moraga is just talking shit for the sake of talking shit because his analysis of Johnson's fighting style sounds like some shit that you'd find posted on Sherdog. If this is what he and his camp really think about MM, then he's in for a rude awakening.

boom

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.