UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TKZ: Pettis hasn't earned his shot

6/4/13 2:12 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Chan Sung Jung, or The Korean Zombie, was riding a 3-fight win streak before being sidelined with a rotator cuff injury. He wasn't the next in line for a featherweight title shot, but was probably a win away. Although he agrees he doesn't quite deserve the title shot, he expressed that Anthony Pettis has not rightfully earned it either:

Chris: If you are victorious against Lamas at UFC 162, is there a preference in regards to whom you would rather face next, Pettis or Aldo?

Jung: Aldo. First off, I feel kind of like Pettis “cut in line”. But, the main reason is that Aldo has been the champ since the WEC days. He’s seen as unbeatable, so for several different reasons, it would mean more to me to fight, and beat, Jose Aldo.

Chris: How upset were you when you heard that Anthony Pettis, who went 3-1 in the UFC’s lightweight division, was being granted an immediate title shot after deciding to drop down in weight to 145lbs?

Jung: I disagree with the choice. It’s not as though I feel like I should be the one fighting Aldo, either. It’s just that Pettis hasn’t really earned a place in the division yet. I think that Lamas, myself or even some other guys should’ve gotten the title shot before Pettis.

read entire article... 

6/4/13 2:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
1019 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Pettis can make 145 and was already the 155 #1 contender, he deserves it. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 2:29 PM
Scott Rotem
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please....
6/4/13 2:30 PM
Lobo8

zombie was hurt and lamas really does need one more big one. Pettis made sense in that its, a big money fight, serves a chance to finally let aldo move up to lw and get a shot at ben by beating a top lw contender.
6/4/13 2:32 PM
HighFreq
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrattMamley - If Pettis can make 145 and was already the 155 #1 contender, he deserves it. Phone Post 3.0

There are definitely more deserving fighters at 145 than Pettis.

That being said, Pettis vs Aldo is going to be one hell of a fight and I am looking forward to it.
6/4/13 2:33 PM
dubate
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a point and I do like him. But I'd rather Aldo face Pettis if Lamas and TKZ are already fighting each other than wait for the outcome of 162 Phone Post
6/4/13 2:34 PM
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/4/13 2:52 PM
dogfb
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

Badass!

6/4/13 2:55 PM
SupesUp
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't care, too excited. Phone Post
6/4/13 3:08 PM
ender852
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is right, it makes 0 sense from a sport perspective for Pettis to get a 145 shot, it only makes sense from a business/profit perspective

6/4/13 3:16 PM
DoomFarmer
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott Rotem - Please....
Actually, he is 100% correct.

Still can't wait for the fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 3:36 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1017 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at the underground blog with 89 green arrows, nice keep it up Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 3:37 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right
6/4/13 3:47 PM
caposa
1586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's definitely right. I would still rather see Aldo-Pettis than any other fight right now.

6/4/13 3:49 PM
Yun
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's right. but pettis aldo will be super exciting!! so... too bad tkz Phone Post
6/4/13 3:51 PM
Vindell
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am looking forward to this fight but he is right. Also lets be real lots of title fights lately are going to people that did not earn it or deserve it.
6/4/13 4:04 PM
Jaybrone
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrattMamley - If Pettis can make 145 and was already the 155 #1 contender, he deserves it. Phone Post 3.0
Him being the top contender in a different division shouldn't put him ahead of guys in a division e has never competed in. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 4:53 PM
Death Beast

ender852 - 

he is right, it makes 0 sense from a sport perspective for Pettis to get a 145 shot, it only makes sense from a business/profit perspective

I really don't see how it makes sense in a business sense either though. If Aldo/Edgar (with Edgar being considered the uncrowned LW champ after getting robbed and both in the top 5 or 6 p4p) didn't draw, I don't see this doing much better. Henderson/Pettis would have probably done better with that storyline already in place.

It only made a little sense at first because it seemed like the fight would have happened soon and Henderson still had a fight coming up, but once they said August it was a complete waste considering Aldo wants to move up to 155 anyway if he wins and Pettis doesn't want to be 145 champ apparently.

6/4/13 5:21 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Aldo should be fighting Lamas.
6/5/13 3:33 AM
easedel

Can't argue with him on this one.
Its going to be funny when Pettis loses, moves back up, then is deeper in line because of Aldo Benson. Even funnier if he ends up having to fight Aldo again.

You stay in one division. If you want to move down or up, you go to the back of the pack and work your way through it. That simple.
6/5/13 3:45 AM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

like it matters in the ufc

6/5/13 3:50 AM
Thacommish
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/05/13 3:50 AM
i feel for the guy, right now fw is backed up for the title, we have kz, lamas, mendes struggling to even find a competitor to get him there because everyone is either waiting on a title shot or getting injured on him, cub swanson has been making a helluva case, and its just a shame that these guys arent being put together or able to get a title shot
6/5/13 3:51 AM
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis was ready and had wins at a higher weight class.

Those guys really think he wouldn't do even more damage and wrestle better at less weight?

C'mon son, I like TKZ but a bigger fish needed a fight who fought instead of waiting before, no one is gonna kick the bucket while Aldo and Pettis settle people have to calm their jets.

6/5/13 3:53 AM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's a great fight... power vs finese.

6/5/13 3:58 AM
easedel

inf0 - 

like it matters in the ufc

That is the problem sadly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.