UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> recommend a diet/work out for me?

6/4/13 5:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warning, possible FRAT.

I'm looking to get stronger and leaner. I'm a skinny guy, I weigh about 125-130, and I've honestly never done any working out besides my senior year in high school and I didn't have a good diet at all so I never got anywhere.
I would like to start out slow, but by the end of the summer I wanna be running at least 20 miles a week.
I have absolutely no muscle or strength right now whatsoever, and I'm more concerned about strength and tone than bulk.
So, can anyone recommend a good workout and diet for me? I have about $300 discretionary income for a diet.

My diet consists of Taco Bell, steak about 3 times a week, barbecue, and other fast food places.

6/4/13 5:51 PM
Chocolate Shatner
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Drop the fucking fast food. Spend said money on real food. They have it at these wonderful new places called "super-markets." The name of the market may differ depending on where you live.

2. When you go to the "super-market" avoid any foods that come "all in one box" or wrapped in brightly emblemed boxes that have lots of advertising writing on them. Purchase fresh plant and animal carcass matter. This is known as "vegetables", "fruits," and "meat."

3. Learn to cook said items. There are plenty of internet resources for learning how to do this. Many will also offer dietary tips on the proportions of each ingredient so as to make your life healthier.

4. Start a lifting and conditioning program. I would recommend for you a basic 5x5 template mixed with running 2-3 times a week, starting at a short distance (1 mile or perhaps 2) and increasing it on a weekly basis by .25 miles a session. Similar gains should be done with your lifting program.

5. Get the words "tone" and "shape" and "I wanna avoid bulk" out of your fucking head. They are fucking stupid phrases invented by idiotic morons who were trying to hawk bullshit programs to equally idiotic moronic insecure women. These faggoty ideas and phrases have created more fucking headaches for me and every other strength professional than Obama has created for Republicans. You can get strong, you can get larger muscles, you can lose fat, but you CANNOT "tone" or "shape" or any of that other shit.
6/4/13 6:33 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate Shatner - 1. Drop the fucking fast food. Spend said money on real food. They have it at these wonderful new places called "super-markets." The name of the market may differ depending on where you live.

2. When you go to the "super-market" avoid any foods that come "all in one box" or wrapped in brightly emblemed boxes that have lots of advertising writing on them. Purchase fresh plant and animal carcass matter. This is known as "vegetables", "fruits," and "meat."

3. Learn to cook said items. There are plenty of internet resources for learning how to do this. Many will also offer dietary tips on the proportions of each ingredient so as to make your life healthier.

4. Start a lifting and conditioning program. I would recommend for you a basic 5x5 template mixed with running 2-3 times a week, starting at a short distance (1 mile or perhaps 2) and increasing it on a weekly basis by .25 miles a session. Similar gains should be done with your lifting program.

5. Get the words "tone" and "shape" and "I wanna avoid bulk" out of your fucking head. They are fucking stupid phrases invented by idiotic morons who were trying to hawk bullshit programs to equally idiotic moronic insecure women. These faggoty ideas and phrases have created more fucking headaches for me and every other strength professional than Obama has created for Republicans. You can get strong, you can get larger muscles, you can lose fat, but you CANNOT "tone" or "shape" or any of that other shit.
I appreciate the advice, thank you. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 8:32 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki
6/4/13 8:48 PM
al neri
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is it important to run 20 mikes a week?

I would not worry about distance when you're running and focus on speed.

Repeats varying from 100 to 800 meters. I have some good track workouts I can send you.

Focusing on speed as opposed to distance is a better combination when wanting to build strength. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 9:53 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

al neri - Why is it important to run 20 mikes a week?

Repeats varying from 100 to 800 meters. I have some good track workouts I can send you.

Focusing on speed as opposed to distance is a better combination when wanting to build strength. Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't mind taking a look if you don't mind.
6/4/13 10:33 PM
al neri
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JamesDean57 -

Absolutely. Pm me your email and I'll send you the file Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 10:35 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with C.S.

If you choose to go the 5 x 6 route, Strong Lifts 5 x 5 has a nice APP and a bunch of other stuff that makes it very easy to use. 

I would also question why one would want or need to run 20 miles per week.

Finally,  al neri I would love to see your running plan. Shoot me a copy if you wouldnt mind:

strengthonline@yahoo.com

TAKU

6/4/13 11:04 PM
al neri

Taku -

I agree with C.S.

If you choose to go the 5 x 6 route, Strong Lifts 5 x 5 has a nice APP and a bunch of other stuff that makes it very easy to use. 

Finally,  al neri I would love to see your running plan. Shoot me a copy if you wouldnt mind:

strengthonline@yahoo.com

TAKU

I'll shoot them out tomorrow. Need to consolidate some files. I compiled them when I was working for a fitness software co. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 8:23 AM
JamesDean57

al neri - 
JamesDean57 -

Absolutely. Pm me your email and I'll send you the file Phone Post 3.0

Pm sent! Thanks
6/5/13 9:24 AM
Shanle929
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

al neri -
Taku -

I agree with C.S.

strengthonline@yahoo.com

TAKU

I'll shoot them out tomorrow. Need to consolidate some files. I compiled them when I was working for a fitness software co. Phone Post 3.0
Al neri I wouldn't mind a copy too. Ashanlets@gmail.com thank you in advance. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 9:37 AM
dalexan242
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're 125-130 and you want to get leaner?
6/5/13 8:50 PM
Shanle929

Thank al neri!! Voted up Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 9:50 PM
JamesDean57

Shanle929 - Thank al neri!! Voted up Phone Post 3.0

This!
6/6/13 9:37 AM
JamesDean57

al neri - 
Taku -

I agree with C.S.

strengthonline@yahoo.com

TAKU

Can you tell me what I need to open these files.

I'm not very computer savvy.
6/6/13 10:35 AM
al neri

JamesDean57 -
al neri - 
Taku -

I agree with C.S.

strengthonline@yahoo.com

TAKU

Can you tell me what I need to open these files.

I'm not very computer savvy.
I'll shoot you out an email with them I hastily sent them out as OSX files. Sorry Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 1:24 PM
Siciliano
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate Shatner - 1. Drop the fucking fast food. Spend said money on real food. They have it at these wonderful new places called "super-markets." The name of the market may differ depending on where you live.

thank you. I should start using number 5 a lot when a female friend tells me she just wants to stay toned and not big.
6/6/13 10:57 PM
TheBankster

Taku -

I agree with C.S.

strengthonline@yahoo.com

TAKU

I have real problem with 5x5 workouts... I am like a sexed crazed animal after a workout, wife sees no issues with it but she is hard to catch when it is so hard to walk!! 5x5 and dolce diet have changed my life, no BS!! Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 11:02 PM
TheBankster

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -

Warning, possible FRAT.

I'm looking to get stronger and leaner. I'm a skinny guy, I weigh about 125-130, and I've honestly never done any working out besides my senior year in high school and I didn't have a good diet at all so I never got anywhere.
I would like to start out slow, but by the end of the summer I wanna be running at least 20 miles a week.
I have absolutely no muscle or strength right now whatsoever, and I'm more concerned about strength and tone than bulk.
So, can anyone recommend a good workout and diet for me? I have about $300 discretionary income for a diet.

My diet consists of Taco Bell, steak about 3 times a week, barbecue, and other fast food places.

Get Mike Dolce's recipe book, and listen to his podcasts. It really has changed my families life. 5x5 are way to go for workouts though. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.