UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Calorie deficit

6/5/13 5:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
weepingbeaver
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep hearing about a calorie deficit. Basically I'm 6 foot and weight 178 pounds. Would love to get to 170 pounds but no less, whilst tonight up and gaining some muscle.

To do this I aim for about 1900 calories a day. Eating chicken, veg, brown pasta, tuna and eggs. About right? More? Less? Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 5:27 AM
weepingbeaver

Anyone? Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 10:21 AM
TheRealMattyS
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

depends on how quickly you want to drop.. youll also need to wokout your required caloric intake first. From there a deficit of 500cal should see you lose a pound a week, 1000cal deficit 2pounds a week... With your current weight though Id say it would be a bit less than that per week on those deficits. As long as youre eating clean and working on a deficit you will lose weight Phone Post
6/6/13 10:23 AM
TheRealMattyS
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also you wont gain much muscle mass on a deficit, tone for sure you will gain tone because your bfp will lower but as for lean muscle mass gains to see a reputable growth you will need to be in caloric surplus Phone Post
6/6/13 1:22 PM
The Adversary
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

6/6/13 1:37 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tone? There is no such thing.
6/6/13 1:48 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have conflicting goals my friend. I personally would focus on building muscle first and then burning off some of the fat. If you are determined to try to do both at the same time, lift heavy, train hard and try to have your calorie intake match your calorie expenditure.

Most often when you try to do both, you end up doing niether.
6/6/13 2:05 PM
weepingbeaver

Thanks for the advice everyone. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 2:15 PM
weepingbeaver

LiftStrong - You have conflicting goals my friend. I personally would focus on building muscle first and then burning off some of the fat. If you are determined to try to do both at the same time, lift heavy, train hard and try to have your calorie intake match your calorie expenditure.

Most often when you try to do both, you end up doing niether.
Think this post sums it up for me. Trying to do two things at once that don't work together. Now realise I'm dieting and lifting heavy, for no reason whatsoever.

Also think I'm over thinking it. Time to eat a bit more, keep it clean and train hard. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 5:43 PM
Shanle929

Learn to re-feed aka carb cycle to keep muscle mass but continue to get lean Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.