UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: The UFC killed my love for MMA

6/6/13 8:08 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Rampage 'Jackson' seems a bit renewed since revealing he has signed a new deal with Bellator, TNA, and Spike TV. It didn't take long for Rampage to start taking shots at his former employer, the UFC. He spoke about the relationship near the end of tenure with them on yesterday's media call:

"I'm very excited to be a part of this family. You have no idea. This is something I've been dreaming about and waiting for years. I've been fighting for 12 years. I have a promoter that 'gets it.' He's like one of the fighters. We put our life on the line and we entertain the fans. Sometimes, in the past with promoters, I just felt like I wasn't appreciated. But, you guys get it. I've always wanted to be a pro wrestler. That's why I got started in this, that's why I started wrestling in high school. That's why I used to fight the way I used to fight when I was younger, I used to slam people, power bombs and stuff like that. My dream has come true. I get to go to TNA and do some pro wrestling. I felt I could do this, be in front of cameras and not be shy. Like the "A-Team" movie, I want to be an action guy, I want to be a big kid and you guys are making my dreams come true.

It makes me feel like all the hard work and all the things I did to my body in the past is all paying off now. I lost a lot of love for MMA when I was in the UFC. Honestly they just killed it, they drained it, but this new deal got me so excited and instantly brought the love back. It's hard to explain the way I feel now. I'm happy to be a part of the team."

read entire article...

6/6/13 8:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see him changing his tune in the future.  It's Rampage after all.

6/6/13 8:34 AM
Garv
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban April 1st, Please!

"I have a promoter that 'gets it.' He's like one of the fighters."

This infuriates me.  Because there is no promoter on earth who has worked harder at pretending to be a tough guy than Dana White.  Page has crossed the line!

6/6/13 8:39 AM
Whambo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I definately agree with the part about putting their life on the lines and it not being appreciated. Dana talks about MMA now like these guys are playing lawn bowling, I'm pretty sure he referred to it as the safest sport.

The fact is there are guys going out there on the prelims fighting in big fights where they put their health on the line, and they are not profitting at all from it in the hopes that one day they can be a champion. And if you dare speak out against it like Volkmann because he fought something like 8 times and didn't make a cent, you're belittled as a wash out, and some so called "fans" will jump in on the bashing as well.
6/6/13 9:31 AM
TopGrinder
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage is now old , slow and unconditioned. My guess he will be having more sub par performances mixed in with even more excuses and injuries.

Dude should work with an acting coach and a speech coach. Then movies only with him.

He is such a character hope he sticks around to do other things. Wrestling and mma not so much... Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 9:32 AM
cool hand Ed
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone summed it up quite well in another thread:

"Rampage is happy, until he isn't."

Perfect.
6/6/13 9:42 AM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny, Rampage killed my love for Rampage. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 9:51 AM
Bruham
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hypothetical question here, if Rampage had gone on his infamous...uh...vehicular rampage do you think Bellator/Viacom would've handled it the same way UFC/Zuffa did? Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 10:11 AM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing killed during Rampage's time in the UFC was some innocent lady's unborn baby when that psycho went bonkers during a high speed chase with the police.

An event the UFC backed him through 100%, dude is a total douchebag.

6/6/13 10:18 AM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/6/13 10:23 AM
cheesesteak
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jone2tone - Funny, Rampage killed my love for Rampage. Phone Post 3.0

lol...VTFU... I was coming on here to say the exact same thing!
6/6/13 10:38 AM
AceAtGSU
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage will always be one of those guys who is his own worst enemy.
6/6/13 10:40 AM
Mertvaya Ruka

lol, this can only end well
6/6/13 10:45 AM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always playing the "poor me" role. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 10:47 AM
LEKS

Used to be one of my favorite fighters. Now I just want him to STFU. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 11:32 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. He'll end up saying the same thing about Bellator Phone Post
6/6/13 11:36 AM
BrattMamley
990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LEKS - Used to be one of my favorite fighters. Now I just want him to STFU. Phone Post 3.0
Sad but true. Phone Post 3.0
6/6/13 11:36 AM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Lol. He'll end up saying the same thing about Bellator Phone Post

This.
6/6/13 11:39 AM
TDogg926
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't have said it better myself.
6/6/13 11:44 AM
Ghetto-Top-Team
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad so many of you get it.

Rampage looked great against Jones, and losing to him is understandable. But the Bader and Glover fights were tailor made for him. He still couldn't do it and that's Dana's fault somehow. Unbelievable. 

6/6/13 11:44 AM
Ghetto-Top-Team
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool hand Ed - Someone summed it up quite well in another thread:

"Rampage is happy, until he isn't."

Perfect.

Voted up

6/6/13 11:45 AM
Ghetto-Top-Team

Also voted up

6/6/13 11:46 AM
Ghetto-Top-Team

Bruham - Hypothetical question here, if Rampage had gone on his infamous...uh...vehicular rampage do you think Bellator/Viacom would've handled it the same way UFC/Zuffa did? Phone Post 3.0

Fuckin' brilliant, vtfu.

6/6/13 11:50 AM
ClearwaterFLMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am sure this will be the tactics they use going forward. Use a former UFC star and bash the UFC. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this with others as well. For this to work though, the casuals would have to pay attention to bellator, which doesn't seem likely at this point. Maybe Rampage will draw some of them, but not enough IMO.
6/6/13 11:53 AM
Trifive

Who?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.