UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Henderson: Jones 'not genuine'

6/7/13 11:49 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Henderson recently said that he has unfinished business with Jon Jones and would like his shot at Jones still. He expanded on his dislike of Jones while doing rounds of local media in the Los Angeles area:

"I'd like to fight Jon Jones more than I'd like to fight Anderson Silva," said Henderson. "Just because I have less respect for him as a person than Anderson. He's not genuine. I think how he portrays himself is not how he really is. I think the fans have picked up on how he really is, as well."

"A lot of it is probably because he's young and he got catapulted into the public eye, and he's trying to portray himself in a different way," Henderson said. "But he should just be himself. "

read entire article... 

6/7/13 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with dan.

I love to watch jones fight, just in interviews its clear he is trying to be someone he is not.

Needs to relax and be himself.
6/7/13 11:53 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His testosterone is genuine. Phone Post
6/7/13 11:55 AM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  His testosterone is genuine. Phone Post

Let's compare a 42 year old to a 25 year old. Derp.
6/7/13 11:57 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL

6/7/13 11:58 AM
The Acorn
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan would get genuinely demolished. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 11:58 AM
ramit upper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOOM!
6/7/13 11:59 AM
The Acorn
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - His testosterone is genuine. Phone Post
Lmao Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 12:03 PM
Chaz Johnson

You'll be laughing I'm sure when you have know test ya faggot. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 12:03 PM
TeamRenzo

So is he trying to say that a professional athlete is not the same person as their public persona...GTFO
6/7/13 12:07 PM
Lazer MMA

ramit upper - 

BOOM!

Rampant across the board illegal PED use claimed
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2183821&page=1

Pop

Goes the Weasels on the keyboards

Welcome to the real world
6/7/13 12:09 PM
Lazer MMA

Hendo needs to beat Shad first then try for this fight IMO
6/7/13 12:12 PM
SupaKnova

Underground Blog -

Henderson: Jones 'not genuine'

Dan Henderson recently said that he has unfinished business with Jon Jones and would like his shot at Jones still. He expanded on his dislike of Jones while doing rounds of local media in the Los Angeles area:

"I'd like to fight Jon Jones more than I'd like to fight Anderson Silva," said Henderson. "Just because I have less respect for him as a person than Anderson. He's not genuine. I think how he portrays himself is not how he really is. I think the fans have picked up on how he really is, as well."

"A lot of it is probably because he's young and he got catapulted into the public eye, and he's trying to portray himself in a different way," Henderson said. "But he should just be himself. "

read entire article... 

Shits gettin old! Jones will destroy Dan just like he has everyone else they put in front of him, and the UG will say it was "old Dan" and Jones' next opponent will be crying the same shit..."he's not genuine."

"He's not really like he portrays himself"
U know what u sound like right. Yeah...u know : p Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 12:32 PM
Seats Taken
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the oldest anyone has ever had a title shot? If Dan beats Rashad, but Lyoto takes out Phil in a good fashion Lyoto will get a shot first. There's always Gus calling for a fight too and Glover is also knocking. Jackson's not going to let JBJ fight until he's 110% better. It could easily be late 2014 until Dan would get a chance. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 12:39 PM
LILBROCK

SupaKnova - 
Underground Blog -

Henderson: Jones 'not genuine'

read entire article... 

Shits gettin old! Jones will destroy Dan just like he has everyone else they put in front of him, and the UG will say it was "old Dan" and Jones' next opponent will be crying the same shit..."he's not genuine."

"He's not really like he portrays himself"
U know what u sound like right. Yeah...u know : p Phone Post 3.0

This... Beating Hendo will do nothing for Jones in the eyes of the UG. They'll just keep complaining that he's fighting older fighters and MW's, all the while neglecting that Anderson has defended against more WW's and GSP has defended against more LW's than Jones has MW's.
6/7/13 12:40 PM
LILBROCK

Seats Taken - What's the oldest anyone has ever had a title shot? If Dan beats Rashad, but Lyoto takes out Phil in a good fashion Lyoto will get a shot first. There's always Gus calling for a fight too and Glover is also knocking. Jackson's not going to let JBJ fight until he's 110% better. It could easily be late 2014 until Dan would get a chance. Phone Post 3.0

Wasn't Randy 46 or 47 when he beat Big Tim?
6/7/13 12:49 PM
Ironhouse
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just give it to Hendo already. It's a great story and besides you gifted Chael a shot, gift Hendo one out of respect for being at one time the p4p BITW and beating legends. It would be like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViivBhKQwCA
6/7/13 12:50 PM
Lazer MMA

Stephen Holder - Hendo is just trying to get under his skin.

Seems like everyone is pulling a Chael nowadays in hopes of getting their title shot, kinda gettin old.

No shit, but what can you do? Sonnen got JBJ over Hendo LOL, he has to try LOL!
6/7/13 12:52 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I hope Dan gets his shot, by he's got his hands full with Rashad.
6/7/13 1:17 PM
JStrongMMA
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Dan...but no one is beating Jones. Phone Post
6/7/13 1:19 PM
Ironhouse
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JJ: "I broke my hand on his jaw, WTF is that guy's jaw made of? I think I broke my toe again too..."

GJ: "Ok, ok, calm, calm, who is TBITW, who is the GOAT, you are, you are aren't you, yes you are, there, there, you are, hi Jon, hiiiiiii, there you are, hi, calm, breaaaaaath, goooooooood. Now...I DON"T CARE, HIT EM WITH YER TOE! Sampler Five JON JONES SAMPLER FIVE, trenches, battle, war, running in dessert, ALWAYS REMEMBER JON JONES! GET SOME FANS!"

JJ: "But Coach, WTF does that even mean!?!? I can't hit him or I'll break something, he's not human, he's like a piece of iron."

GJ: "Stop psyching yourself out JON JONES now go in there, beat him at what he does best JON JONES, H-Bomb him Jon Jones, H-Bomb him and get some fans!"

JJ: "I fight to Win, not for Jacksons MMA, I fight for me, FOR ME!"

meanwhile in Hendo's corner

Duke: "You know all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so trading is out. So, what we'll be calling on is good ol' fashion blunt force trauma. H-bombin. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving right handed punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with an overhand right, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. Yeah! Let's start throwin some H-bombs! Stay on him! Everybody thought this was a joke, including me! Now, nobody's laughing! Stay on him!

Hendo: "I think every guy should at one time try to name an animal or right hand or something."

Duke: "WTF"

Hendo: "There aint nothin' over till it's over."
6/7/13 1:33 PM
JerodR
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares? Honestly it doesn't matter what Jones does at this point. He may not be genuine but he is trying to be a decent person and set a good example. Obviously he has had some mistakes along the way, but who hasn't. Considering his age I think he is handling everything quite well.

It is easy for Dan to make comments like that because that is the only thing he will beat Jones at. I like Dan alot but he has but a punchers chance against Jones. At least with Silva he could out wrestle him... Of course not of this really matters because that is only "IF" he manages to get past Rashad anyway.
6/7/13 2:07 PM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LILBROCK -
Seats Taken - What's the oldest anyone has ever had a title shot? If Dan beats Rashad, but Lyoto takes out Phil in a good fashion Lyoto will get a shot first. There's always Gus calling for a fight too and Glover is also knocking. Jackson's not going to let JBJ fight until he's 110% better. It could easily be late 2014 until Dan would get a chance. Phone Post 3.0

Wasn't Randy 46 or 47 when he beat Big Tim?
Randy was 45 Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 3:08 PM
ABE FROMAN

The whole genuine thing is so 2 years ago. We saw the real Jon on TUF, a nice guy who is trying to deal with stardom. He's dropped the fake shit imo Phone Post
6/7/13 3:53 PM
chaplinshouse
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deja vu.  this exact henderson comment was made months ago and ran front page months ago.  tried to look it up, shocker the search function is broken.  even if i type 'henderson jones' in search nothing comes up. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.