UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bowles tests positive for elevated T/E ratio

6/8/13 4:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DonFreedomFrye -

From MMAFighting.com:

"According to Kizer's email, Bowles' test showed a testosterone-to-epitestosterone level of more than 20-1"

Wow! Phone Post
6/8/13 5:24 AM
maccadamion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

20-1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone level..... PASS THAT SHIZ OVER HERE!!!
6/8/13 6:39 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

HexRei -
I Hunt Purple-Headed Yogurt Slingers - 

GET ME A WHOPPER DANA
Fuck you goof!

; ) Phone Post 3.0
6/8/13 12:41 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
ImStillHereChief - So what, it should be legal.

It should be.  But it's not.  So FFS fighters, learn to pass the test.

6/8/13 12:54 PM
t G G t
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/8/13 1:36 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if they will cut him. That's two losses in a row and a failed drug test. Phone Post
6/8/13 1:43 PM
Jack Skellington
820 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always liked this guy, but it looks like he belongs in the minors right now.

6/10/13 1:58 PM
frankiscool
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 - Wow and he still wasn't very good. When he gets off the junk he'll be een shittier.

hahaha, 13ers gonna 13. Bowles went into WEC an unknown and finished 5 guys in a row, including KOing Torres who was on a 6 year undefeated streak. Not bad for a kid who wrestled in high school.
6/10/13 2:20 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn stick a fork in his career as far as the UFC is concerned.  Between the results of his past few fights plus his constant injuries now this....  Sucks cuz he was fun to watch in his WEC run!

6/10/13 2:28 PM
StratTone
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xaeo - Fighters who beat cheaters should get a bonus. PED kill. +10.

Not that I think it would happen but that could be cool.  Fine the cheaters and give that money to their opponent.

6/10/13 2:29 PM
Haulport

He should have gotten a TUE.

It seems (though not confirmed) that you can pop over 6:1 as long as you have a TUE and no one says anything. I have repeatedly tried to get an answer from Kizer about this and nothing but silence.

6/10/13 2:37 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound -

Damn stick a fork in his career as far as the UFC is concerned.  Between the results of his past few fights plus his constant injuries now this....  Sucks cuz he was fun to watch in his WEC run!

I was so pissed when he beat Torres. He ruined him lol. Phone Post
6/10/13 3:33 PM
BobD
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 

It seems (though not confirmed) that you can pop over 6:1 as long as you have a TUE and no one says anything. I have repeatedly tried to get an answer from Kizer about this and nothing but silence.

Possibly he's hoping you'll unask the question.  Let me help if I can

The T/E ratio is just an inexpensive preliminary indicator that something may be amiss.   When an athlete is granted a TUE, he is agreeing to random blood tests which directly measure his free testosterone levels.  The only thing that matters is that  level..  as long is it's within the normal band (roughtly 120 to 900 ng/dl) the athlete will pass review. 

The T/E ratio is not used under the protocols for a TUE.  Your question is moot.

6/10/13 4:09 PM
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 

He came and answered that direct question I asked on a chael thread from when he popped. He's already answered and yes, you still have to test under 6:1, or 4:1 depending on state. Even with a TUE.
6/10/13 4:32 PM
luctaro
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will he get cut?
6/10/13 4:48 PM
murofgu

I Hunt Purple-Headed Yogurt Slingers - 

lol
6/10/13 11:31 PM
Haulport

BobD - 
Haulport - 

Possibly he's hoping you'll unask the question.  Let me help if I can

The T/E ratio is just an inexpensive preliminary indicator that something may be amiss.   When an athlete is granted a TUE, he is agreeing to random blood tests which directly measure his free testosterone levels.  The only thing that matters is that  level..  as long is it's within the normal band (roughtly 120 to 900 ng/dl) the athlete will pass review. 

The T/E ratio is not used under the protocols for a TUE.  Your question is moot.

My question is WHY ON EARTH would any fighter invite that if they STILL have to maintain 6:1 or below levels? If there is NO BENEFIT from getting a TUE then why on earth are fighters asking for them left and right?

THAT is my question and it is NOT moot.....................

6/11/13 12:34 AM
BobD
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok.  Ignoring for the moment that the test is not used if you're on a TUE, and assumming that the fighter's Epitest levels are within normal range.  Then: Yes... the therapy allowed under a TUE would still have to keep the test to epitest ratio within the 4:1 to 6:1 guideline...  and that is because a TUE only allows therapy that puts the fighter in the normal range for testosterone.

As for why you wouild do it,  I think that's obvious.  To qualify for a TUE your test leveal have to be below nornal range.. that is below about 120 ng/dl (standards vary).  That's lower than the average level of men 85 to 100 years old.  The fighter will not be competitive.  Bringing him back into the normal range will radically improve his training and life.  So he is now competitive, and he's not cheating.  If you're asking why not just do it on his own.. well, that carries the risk of being caught and punished

6/11/13 12:52 AM
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobD - 

Ok.  Ignoring for the moment that the test is not used if you're on a TUE, and assumming that the fighter's Epitest levels are within normal range.  Then: Yes... the therapy allowed under a TUE would still have to keep the test to epitest ratio within the 4:1 to 6:1 guideline...  and that is because a TUE only allows therapy that puts the fighter in the normal range for testosterone.

As for why you wouild do it,  I think that's obvious.  To qualify for a TUE your test leveal have to be below nornal range.. that is below about 120 ng/dl (standards vary).  That's lower than the average level of men 85 to 100 years old.  The fighter will not be competitive.  Bringing him back into the normal range will radically improve his training and life.  So he is now competitive, and he's not cheating.  If you're asking why not just do it on his own.. well, that carries the risk of being caught and punished

The test is used even on a TUE if you get tested as part of the normal testing they might do. Along with drug etc. you have to pass no matter what! They don't waive the ratio requirement. And like overeem found out they can test anytime after the bout is announced
6/11/13 1:09 AM
hendofanforlife

Okay, so he didn't post on the thread but I posted his reply email, precisely about having to be under the ratio even on a TUE.

http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1866772&page=5

On a side note skooter is on that thread pre hey hendo times.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.