UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Schaub: I 'assumed' Johnson was on PEDs

6/7/13 9:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Brendan Schaub was able to win a three round decision against Lavar Johnson at UFC 157, even though he felt going in might be at a disadvantage due to the size of his opponent. Johnson would fail his post-fight drug test, something Schaub knew was a definite possiblity:

"When I saw him arrive at the hotel on Tuesday, he was jacked," Schaub recalled. "And I said something to my coaches like ‘Well, hopefully they test this dude.' Everyone was like, ‘Yeah, he's pretty big.' So, I assumed it. I assumed he was doing something when you look like that.

"He had an advantage, for sure," Schaub insisted. "He was stronger. 100 percent.

"Why do you think I kept taking him down? When we got in the clinch I was like, 'Good lord. This guy is eating different steak and potatoes than I am. I better take it to the ground.'

"I assumed he was on that," he confessed. "Usually when guys are taking stuff like that their cardio's not as good. Hence, why I kept taking him down. I figured he'd get worn out and I'd knock him out. it just didn't turn out that way."

read entire article...

6/7/13 10:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Poptarts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously think it's weakness of character when guys like Vera or Schaub cry about their opponents testing positive. While I agree it's shameful and mixed martial arts needs to go to greater extents to keep fighters clean it's no excuse for your loss or performance if your opponent tests fail.

Bas Rutten said it right, I don't mind fighting guys on steroids because they have a weak mind and that's worse than a weak body.
6/7/13 10:06 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well he should know based on who he trained with in Colorado lol Phone Post
6/7/13 10:07 PM
12ealdeal

Poptarts - Seriously think it's weakness of character when guys like Vera or Schaub cry about their opponents testing positive. While I agree it's shameful and mixed martial arts needs to go to greater extents to keep fighters clean it's no excuse for your loss or performance if your opponent tests fail.

Bas Rutten said it right, I don't mind fighting guys on steroids because they have a weak mind and that's worse than a weak body.
But having Jesus on your side makes you strong minded. My friend Vitor swears by this. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 10:11 PM
Poptarts

12ealdeal - 
Poptarts - Seriously think it's weakness of character when guys like Vera or Schaub cry about their opponents testing positive. While I agree it's shameful and mixed martial arts needs to go to greater extents to keep fighters clean it's no excuse for your loss or performance if your opponent tests fail.

But having Jesus on your side makes you strong minded. My friend Vitor swears by this. Phone Post 3.0

He also says that having 2x the testosterone Jon Jones has at 36 is fair.
6/7/13 10:16 PM
RollHighAllDay
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He knows that guys have weaker cardio on steroids from personal experience, I assume. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 10:21 PM
bruised
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there was a fight between two equally skilled individuals and one was in PEDs, than PEDs would make the difference. To say otherwise is being intentionally obtuse.

The thing is, they work. Brendan didn't use it as an excuse - he won. And win or lose, it makes sense that a person would be pissed if a guy was cheating to win in a sport when winning means doing physical harm your opponent.

Oh, and Bas may have made that comment, but it originally came from Gable. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 10:31 PM
DracoBEBO
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd agree if he was complaining but I didn't see that in his quote. He just figured he was on them, and put his plan together to beat him. Sounds mentally strong, not crying about it. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 10:36 PM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do you think I kept taking him down?

lol at saying the reason you took him down is because you thought he was roiding. the reason he took him down is because lavar has heavy hands and schaub has a suspect chin and if he didn't take lavar down he would have been viciously ktfo'd. lol at blaming it on the juice

6/7/13 10:37 PM
Poptarts

DracoBEBO - 

I'd agree if he was complaining but I didn't see that in his quote. He just figured he was on them, and put his plan together to beat him. Sounds mentally strong, not crying about it. Phone Post 3.0

I get accused for taking steroids, like anyone jacked guy in this day an age gets accused for it and everyone is an expert with the " bro I can tell, I know these things " a lot of the time....The person has never taken Peds though, for some reason people think if you look like Lavar or GSP you must be on the juice....It's just getting old Roy insinuates he looks the way he does because he's a clean fighter....Come on, sometimes I think people get out of hand with their accusations similar to their leniency to drug testing.
6/7/13 10:41 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for Cyborg to murder this fool on Sunday Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 10:43 PM
Wonderboysleftlung
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He took lavar Down because he was afraid of being cut lol what a lying sack. Then he has the balls to say "I wanted to get him tired them go for the KO" no u literally humped the shit out of him because u saw a weakness in his game as a way of keeping your job

I hope someone blasts the shit out of him and he gets his walking papers what a tool Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 10:49 PM
Wonderboysleftlung
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 11:02 PM
DoomFarmer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol he said right after the fight that he took him down repeatedly because he knew he would get cut if he lost.

Now it's cause he was roiding.

Sure, buddy. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 11:05 PM
Slip151
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/7/13 11:27 PM
epic hero

Team GDP - 

Why do you think I kept taking him down?

lol at saying the reason you took him down is because you thought he was roiding. the reason he took him down is because lavar has heavy hands and schaub has a suspect chin and if he didn't take lavar down he would have been viciously ktfo'd. lol at blaming it on the juice

this, dude is mad unlikeable
6/7/13 11:29 PM
Haulport

Señor Penis -  Can't stand this dude Phone Post

Agreed. I don't like what comes out of his mouth and after what he did to CroCop I look forward to him getting knocked silly.

6/7/13 11:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lavar's levels weren't even out of line, Schaub is a big dude himself. He told Lavar after the fight he didn't want to stand because he's too big lol, well, why are you fighting HW's then Schaub?

6/8/13 12:37 AM
Jstmike
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lavars half guard looked freakishly strong that fight. So strong shaub couldn't pass for three rounds ... PEDS for sure! Phone Post
6/8/13 12:57 AM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes not that bad, you guys shit on him for one crappy fight. He brings the heat and he ether gets the ko or gets ko'ed. Besides if any ones is to be shitted on it LJ for roiding
6/8/13 1:55 AM
Bossk
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not going to go and say anything too out of line but he just generally doesn't seem to be a likable guy, he always comes off as cocky. He definitely isn't going to be gaining fans by coming out with all these different reasons for his lackluster performance. I actually respected him for his honesty about saying he fought safe to avoid being cut, but now he is just saying all of this stuff and it's just sounding a bit silly. 

6/8/13 3:31 AM
idsmashit

Haulport - 
Señor Penis -  Can't stand this dude Phone Post

Agreed. I don't like what comes out of his mouth and after what he did to CroCop I look forward to him getting knocked silly.

6/8/13 3:41 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slip151 - 

Where is the shame in this? That's Ben Rothwell and Big Nog.

In a sport where 100% of the time 50% of the competitors lose it's very disrespectful to pick at a fighter for losing. Even if it was in a devastating fashion.
6/8/13 6:19 AM
Slip151
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere - 
Slip151 - 

Where is the shame in this? That's Ben Rothwell and Big Nog.

In a sport where 100% of the time 50% of the competitors lose it's very disrespectful to pick at a fighter for losing. Even if it was in a devastating fashion.

Because he makes it sound like taking him down was not the plan till that night. When he won he said that he never planned on standing with him. it just seems to me like he talks out of his ass a lot.

Also I think his a huge douche.

6/8/13 10:29 AM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He took him down because he feared this happening again !

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.