UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ***Fighters That Look Like Leaders Of Antiquity***

6/8/13 4:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Loge
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fantastic thread! VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
6/8/13 4:31 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread is amazing! Phone Post
6/8/13 5:26 PM
philodox
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is one of the better things I've seen in a VERY long time.

Now all we need are some of the classical Greek Pankration artworks reenacted by modern MMA fighters...
6/8/13 5:31 PM
philodox
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Screw it, I just bought a blue name to post this:

Carlos Condit / Dan Hardy: 

Greek Pankration: 

6/8/13 5:43 PM
TheOneDylanThomas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyHackZack - 
TheOneDylanThomas - Bad ass thread. I'll vote you up tonight, AC. Really living up to the sn. Extra bonus points for a Mark Antony or a Marcus Agrippa.

Marcus

Jason Brilz

Mark Antony

I'll be the first to say OP is way better than this then I am, but it's fuckin' Shakespear on the UG so I'm in

Unreal.
6/8/13 6:01 PM
HolyHackZack
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

philodox - 

Screw it, I just bought a blue name to post this:

Carlos Condit / Dan Hardy: 

Greek Pankration: 

I like this one. I remember hearing in art class that ancient pankration started by 'toeing the line' like old timey boxing.

6/8/13 8:06 PM
EazyG

Augustus,

Awesome stuff. You may have too much time on your hands, but you are doing funny stuff with it.

In college I actually majored in Classics, too. I love the history of the Roman Republic: scipio, marius, the grachii bros, sulla, cinna, cicero, pompey, crassus, cato, ceasar. And of course my fav, clodius. Just fascinating. I am half wat thru the Roman Revolution by Syme. Have you read it?

Also i highly recommend goldsworthy's Life of a Colossus, about Caesar...

Keep up the good work!
6/8/13 8:07 PM
EazyG

You gots to find who looks like julius caesar and alexander - two greatest bosses of antiquity
6/8/13 9:23 PM
sekundarburnes

ben askren has got to have a greek or roman doppleganger. he's just got to
6/8/13 9:51 PM
sillyscreenname

in
6/8/13 10:11 PM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EazyG - Augustus,

Awesome stuff. You may have too much time on your hands, but you are doing funny stuff with it.

In college I actually majored in Classics, too. I love the history of the Roman Republic: scipio, marius, the grachii bros, sulla, cinna, cicero, pompey, crassus, cato, ceasar. And of course my fav, clodius. Just fascinating. I am half wat thru the Roman Revolution by Syme. Have you read it?

Also i highly recommend goldsworthy's Life of a Colossus, about Caesar...

Keep up the good work!

Awesome post, I can tell you are a bigger fan of the Roman Republic than the Roman Empire, which is the same with me! I haven't read the Roman Revolution by Syme, but I have read the latter one, Life of a Colossus, about Caesar, it was pretty good.

Right now I am reading The Conquest of Gaul by Julius Caesar, I have read this book a while ago but it is such a hard read that I felt like I should read it again to fully comprehend it. 

My favorite Roman history writer is definitely Livy, I have read a lot of his work, I highly reccomend him. Plutarch is also another favorite of mine because he likes to compare Romans with Greeks, which is a common trend in this major. Have you read any from these two?

Also, if you are a classics major, I assume you know some Latin, so de historia romana dicere semper amo!

6/9/13 2:37 AM
Wehmer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/243/408/chael-sonnen2_crop_340x234.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6xsEs.jpg

Took that one myself.

6/9/13 5:03 AM
bigD13B
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 5:39 AM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masterpiece thread!!
6/9/13 8:04 AM
UGCTT_Blaat
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best thread in a while!! Way to hit the ball kid- Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 11:14 AM
rbl
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johny Hendricks/ Draco the Lawgiver Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 11:56 AM
The Mammoth
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/9/13 11:58 AM
The Mammoth
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/9/13 12:55 PM
goldenboyart

AWESOME thread. Now this is one of the many reasons that I LOVE the UG. You guys are some funny, talented and crazy guys.

LOVE IT!!!!!!
6/9/13 1:14 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha great thread.

6/9/13 1:37 PM
goldenboyart

Augustus Caesar - 

Georges St. Pierre:

George 6th

George VI was King of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Commonwealth from 11 December 1936 until his death. He was the last Emperor of India, and the first Head of the Commonwealth.

Lucio Linhares:

Louis VII

Louis VII was King of the Franks, the son and successor of Louis VI. He ruled from 1137 until his death. He was a member of the House of Capet

Stefan Struve:

Phillip IV

Philip IV of Spain was King of Spain and Portugal as. He ascended the thrones in 1621 and reigned in Spain until his death and in Portugal until 1640

Augustus Caesar, If I could VOTE you UP I'd do it 10 times today(if I could) because I think I pulled a muscle laughing so hard

the picture you picked out for Stefan Struve was a DEAD ON RINGER. Man that was HILARIOUS. GREAt Job everyone. UG is on a roll lately.
6/9/13 6:39 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lolll
6/9/13 8:45 PM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're the best Augustus!
6/9/13 9:13 PM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - You're the best Augustus!

Thanks man, I am glad you enjoyed it!

6/10/13 1:03 AM
ogir

Augustus Caesar - 
Megatherium - You're the best Augustus!

Thanks man, I am glad you enjoyed it!

This thread is PURE GOLD!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.