UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Werdum vs. Nogueira

6/8/13 11:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Nog must have screamed in pain. Either way, Brazil has always had a complicated relationship with Werdum. They'll never forgive him for submitting Nog. Phone Post
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't even see how Yamasaki could have seen a tap at the angle Nogueira's arm was at. Verbal would make sense, but it was announced as a tap out.
SLUGSHOT_331
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/8/13 11:21 PM
Jons Forsberg

" Brazil has always had a complicated relationship with Werdum."

uh?
6/8/13 11:21 PM
Kneeblock
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canada1 - I love Nogueira, but you have to question his fight IQ. Pulling guard into a guillotine on Werdum. This isnt a guy whos okay on the ground. Its not even a guy whos really good on the ground. Its a guy who is amazing on the ground. He is amazing on the ground. Why play that game. Its the same mistake he made with Mir. Is it a pride thing? Does he not realize a simple fact that his best chance at winning is keeping the fight standing, wall and stalling, wearing his opponent down. Im no expert but thats pretty plain to see to me. He lost this fight because of stupid decisions in the ring. Its sad to see.
Sadly I agree. I think it's just habit at this point. Phone Post
6/8/13 11:23 PM
TheBearStare
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nog's fight iq has always been shitty. from bob sapp, to sylvia. im trying to remember the first werdum fight. did they have any mat battles at all?
6/8/13 11:30 PM
CYBERDYNE
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cswhitey321 -
CYBERDYNE - Werdum subbed him armbar Phone Post
Thank you for pbp... VU

At least someone gets it... Phone Post 3.0
No problem bro Phone Post
6/8/13 11:30 PM
StrikingMMA
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

El Ninja - Arm-bar wins over Nog and Fedor, not bad Phone Post 3.0

Mostly the triangle on Fedor sealed the deal.
6/8/13 11:33 PM
Tre Mendez
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Nog is one of my heroes but damn, he looked so sloooooow.. Even slower than the zombie that showed up vs. Mir and Cain. I think it's about that time for him to hang them up. Undoubtedly one of the greatest and gutsiest fighters of all time but he just has too many miles on him and it's time to step away. I would hate to see him go down the path of Sakuraba.

6/8/13 11:33 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

El Ninja - Arm-bar wins over Nog and Fedor, not bad Phone Post 3.0
He's definitely the number one grappler at heavyweight. Phone Post
6/8/13 11:39 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sackattack3323 -
boxy - Mir's ground game isn't in the same universe as Werdum's.

In fact, I"d like to see Werdum fight him. Werdum taps or TKOs Mir.
This Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
6/8/13 11:47 PM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is teh gif? Phone Post 3.0
6/8/13 11:53 PM
philodox
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teh Finish:

6/9/13 12:03 AM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This pains me . Cro-cop got Gonzaga'd, and now Nog gets NOG'd........AGAIN !

6/9/13 12:03 AM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

philodox -

Teh Finish:

Ah! Jang you!!! Vtfu! Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 12:18 AM
Frankie Emelianenko

[OGTT]naughtiiDawg -
philodox -

Teh Finish:

Ah! Jang you!!! Vtfu! Phone Post 3.0
Ditto Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 12:42 AM
Non N00B
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn it Nog, it's time to hang them up. He looked slow on the feet and slow on the ground. His chin isnt what it used to be either.
6/9/13 12:50 AM
war wand
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

war wand -
Built Like A Fedor - I hope it's not an ugly kickboxing match.. Phone Post 3.0
It will be i reckon Phone Post 3.0
Ah hurr durr dont mind me, im a dumb cunt Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 2:31 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched the fights. Did Nog really verbally tap? Sometimes they say verbal tap when they make a noise and the ref decides to stop it. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 7:59 AM
potatoes
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You really have to hand it to minotauro, dude fights his fight.
Doesn't aim to fight where his opponent is weakest he just does what he does. Doesn't jab and jog never lay an prays, the guy just fights aggressively where ever the fight happens. He chased a finish here and his opponent got the better of him. Guy is a fucking warrior.
It's worth remembering the other side of that tactical decision is like when GSP decided not to go for Diazs back. You don't aggressively chase a finish you don't overreach yourself or ever make yourself vulnerable. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 5:20 AM
potatoes
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - Just FYI. A warrior does go after his opponent's weaknesses.
Just an FYI, here's the definition of warrior as defined by dictionary.com

warrior[ wawr-ee-er, wawr-yer, wor-ee-er, wor-yer ]
noun
1. a person engaged or experienced in warfare; soldier.
2. a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics.

Oh yeah I see that part where it says warriors attack people where they are weak.

Me being dickish aside, what I meant was Nog showed great warrior spirit in all of his fights, and regardless to the exact meaning of the word warrior I think that you knew the spirit of what I was saying. I assume you are insinuating it was dumb for Nog to not fight where his opponent was weakest? Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 7:28 AM
Built Like A Fedor
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

war wand -
war wand -
Built Like A Fedor - I hope it's not an ugly kickboxing match.. Phone Post 3.0
It will be i reckon Phone Post 3.0
Ah hurr durr dont mind me, im a dumb cunt Phone Post 3.0
VTFU, just because.. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:46 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nog always was a great BJJ-er, the best in Heavyweight Division... Yet, Werdum pretty much pwned Nog on the ground, and took it wherever he wanted. I was expecting it to be a bit more even, but Werdum was on another level entirely.

Werdum is a world-class grappler, no doubt about it. Got to work on his cardio, though.

This seems to be a problem for most heavyweights... It's hard to move around, carrying so much weight.

JDS and Veslaquez seemed gassed in their last fight as well...
6/10/13 1:37 PM
Naderhood
942 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir has looked like shit lately. Werdum put on a clinic against Roy Nelson and now submitted Nog. I think Werdum beats Mir, easily. Better striking and grappling, although, MMA grappling is way different than gi/nogi grappling, I think Mir's MMA grappling is highly underrated.

6/10/13 1:51 PM
knuckleballs

How did Nog go from being a black belt in their first fight to a blue belt in their second?

I mean, he looked really bad compared to his old self.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.