UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Erick Silva vs Rory?

6/9/13 10:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArmBar412
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know silva is a win or 2 away but this could be an exciting match. Who ya got? Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 10:39 AM
inf0
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erick Silva

6/9/13 10:42 AM
Forssberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory outworks just like Fitch did but better.
6/9/13 10:42 AM
Quadzilla7

Erick Silva Phone Post
6/9/13 10:43 AM
Lobo8

Rory. Erick isnt ready for the top 5
6/9/13 10:51 AM
InYoMommaCloset

I was disappointed with that fight with High.

Jason High is much better than that.

He's too chilled out in fights is his problem.

You could see in Erik Silva's face he's like a fuckin' pitbull ready to bit a motherfuckers nose off if he has too.
So much conviction; he's a vicious mofo.

Jason High is an incredible athlete - the difference was so evident between him and Silva.
He's gone the distance with SNOWMAN MONSON in a grappling match.
I'd say his striking technique is probably better than Silva's too.

He's just too damn chilled in fights.

Pffff.

Article on Sherdog about him years ago, how he might be "such a nice guy", so nice he might never live up to his potential in mma.
Motherfucker might have been right.
6/9/13 10:52 AM
ranier wolfcastle
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds fun but i'd pick rory

6/9/13 10:54 AM
InYoMommaCloset

Silva Vs MacDonald would be a hell of a fight.
Rory can't pin a guy like Fitch can.

It'd be a great fight.

I'm thinking any fight with Erik Silva would be a great fight.
I'm not crazy about his movement but he's such a vicious motherfucker; you gotta love that.
6/9/13 10:59 AM
GROUNDnLB
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only way rory would win is by takin it to the ground. He would get obliterated in the standup.

I would Have to think Erick has been focusing on his ground game after the Fitch fight. If you look at the fight, you definitely had good ground skills, and his takedown defense was not horrible, but it definitely needed improvement against the top welterweight wrestlers in the UFC. If he has improved his ground game, Erick takes it. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 11:00 AM
spliff
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rather see matt brown vs silva
6/9/13 11:02 AM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GROUNDnLB - Only way rory would win is by takin it to the ground. He would get obliterated in the standup.

I would Have to think Erick has been focusing on his ground game after the Fitch fight. If you look at the fight, you definitely had good ground skills, and his takedown defense was not horrible, but it definitely needed improvement against the top welterweight wrestlers in the UFC. If he has improved his ground game, Erick takes it. Phone Post 3.0
Obliterated? Are you kidding? He absolutely smashed penn on the feet and showed a ton of diversity in his attacks. And penn may be a LW but he's never an easy fight on the feet for anyone. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 11:05 AM
InvisibleControl

Silva would smash him. Rory is incredibly overrated.

The only place Rory holds an advantage is the wrestling, and I assume Silva worked his ass off at that after the Fitch fight.

Silva has wayyy more power, wayyy better Jiu Jitsu, and he's quicker.

Rory ain't gonna do the tristar jab him to a decision like he did BJ.
6/9/13 11:07 AM
Barbalos

da Vinci 81 - 
GROUNDnLB - Only way rory would win is by takin it to the ground. He would get obliterated in the standup.

Obliterated? Are you kidding? He absolutely smashed penn on the feet and showed a ton of diversity in his attacks. And penn may be a LW but he's never an easy fight on the feet for anyone. Phone Post 3.0

He smashed Penn after Penn completely gassed. Anyone would look good against that. Rory is hugely overrated. I think Silva would give him a good fight.
6/9/13 11:12 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

BadMon - 

Rory would finish Silva.

I would bet a lot on that.

I would take that bet. The same guy who couldn't put away little BJ Penn?

He would likely win a decision on TDs and other point scoring methods, but I don't see him finishing Silva. 

6/9/13 11:14 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

da Vinci 81 - 

Yes the diversity of his failed Ali shuffle was EPIC!!! His ability jab Penn and throw cool looking strikes against a tiny little old 155er is CLEAR evidence that he could handle someone his own size that is a great striker...lol

6/9/13 11:19 AM
XcessiveZ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InvisibleControl - Silva would smash him. Rory is incredibly overrated.

The only place Rory holds an advantage is the wrestling, and I assume Silva worked his ass off at that after the Fitch fight.

Silva has wayyy more power, wayyy better Jiu Jitsu, and he's quicker.

Rory ain't gonna do the tristar jab him to a decision like he did BJ.
Tristar jab?Rory destroyed Penn on the feet and almost folded him with a bodyshot.If that had been anyone else other than Penn they would have been dropped.

On this fight, would love to see it.No idea how it would play out, would lean towards Rory due to the size and wrestling.Im sure Silva worked hard on his TDD after the Fitch fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 11:43 AM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two of my favorite WW. I'd love to see this fight. I think Rory takes it via tenacity. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 12:05 PM
Sudo21
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lobo8 - Rory. Erick isnt ready for the top 5

And Rory is top five since when?
6/9/13 12:05 PM
hubris
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hate inspector gadget

WAR Silva
6/9/13 12:34 PM
Raxbot
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/09/13 12:37 PM
6/9/13 12:35 PM
And Wagners Cut

InYoMommaCloset - I was disappointed with that fight with High.

Jason High is much better than that.

He's too chilled out in fights is his problem.

You could see in Erik Silva's face he's like a fuckin' pitbull ready to bit a motherfuckers nose off if he has too.
So much conviction; he's a vicious mofo.

Jason High is an incredible athlete - the difference was so evident between him and Silva.
He's gone the distance with SNOWMAN MONSON in a grappling match.
I'd say his striking technique is probably better than Silva's too.

He's just too damn chilled in fights.

Pffff.

Article on Sherdog about him years ago, how he might be "such a nice guy", so nice he might never live up to his potential in mma.
Motherfucker might have been right.
Maybe he's too chilled because he's High.

Self lol. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 12:37 PM
GROUNDnLB
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 -

Rory got schooled by Che on the feet so right after that, he was all about taking it to the ground. If he was like that about Che, there is no way he will be able to handle Ericks striking. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 1:03 PM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GROUNDnLB -
da Vinci 81 -

Rory got schooled by Che on the feet so right after that, he was all about taking it to the ground. If he was like that about Che, there is no way he will be able to handle Ericks striking. Phone Post 3.0
Your point also demonstrates Rorys Cage IQ. He is good at figuring out where he has the advantage and putting the fight there. Where Erik Silva tends to fight wherever the fight happens to be. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 1:09 PM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sudo21 - 
Lobo8 - Rory. Erick isnt ready for the top 5

And Rory is top five since when?

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

6/9/13 1:11 PM
ArmBar412
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thanks for the replys guys I didn't think as many people would pick Silva. I think Rory takes this by decision. If he comes forward I don't think silva can stop him or his top game either Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.