UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Erick Silva vs Rory?

6/9/13 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
BadMon - 

Rory would finish Silva.

I would bet a lot on that.

I would take that bet. The same guy who couldn't put away little BJ Penn?

He would likely win a decision on TDs and other point scoring methods, but I don't see him finishing Silva. 

Didn't little bj draw with Fitch who crushed silva? Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 3:38 PM
The Brool Story Company
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, MMAth doesn't work, idiot.

6/9/13 3:41 PM
da Vinci 81
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
da Vinci 81 - 
GROUNDnLB - Only way rory would win is by takin it to the ground. He would get obliterated in the standup.

I would Have to think Erick has been focusing on his ground game after the Fitch fight. If you look at the fight, you definitely had good ground skills, and his takedown defense was not horrible, but it definitely needed improvement against the top welterweight wrestlers in the UFC. If he has improved his ground game, Erick takes it. Phone Post 3.0
Obliterated? Are you kidding? He absolutely smashed penn on the feet and showed a ton of diversity in his attacks. And penn may be a LW but he's never an easy fight on the feet for anyone. Phone Post 3.0

Yes the diversity of his failed Ali shuffle was EPIC!!! His ability jab Penn and throw cool looking strikes against a tiny little old 155er is CLEAR evidence that he could handle someone his own size that is a great striker...lol

lol, switch kicks, elbows, jabs, body shots. But yeah, a shuffle and jab was all he did. Clearly you're blind or were covering your eyes if you thought he didn't have a ton of effective and diverse strikes in that fight.
6/9/13 3:42 PM
da Vinci 81
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - 
da Vinci 81 - 
GROUNDnLB - Only way rory would win is by takin it to the ground. He would get obliterated in the standup.

I would Have to think Erick has been focusing on his ground game after the Fitch fight. If you look at the fight, you definitely had good ground skills, and his takedown defense was not horrible, but it definitely needed improvement against the top welterweight wrestlers in the UFC. If he has improved his ground game, Erick takes it. Phone Post 3.0
Obliterated? Are you kidding? He absolutely smashed penn on the feet and showed a ton of diversity in his attacks. And penn may be a LW but he's never an easy fight on the feet for anyone. Phone Post 3.0

He smashed Penn after Penn completely gassed. Anyone would look good against that. Rory is hugely overrated. I think Silva would give him a good fight.

No, he smashed Penn from the moment the bell rang. And Penn gassed from the body shots he was being hit with, not from his cardio issues.
6/9/13 3:43 PM
The Brool Story Company

Edited: 06/09/13 3:43 PM

of course he had a ton of diverse strikes, BJ was gassed by the middle of the first round. big fucking whoop. so he beat up on a guy he had close to 30 pounds on. LOL, no. he was not gassed from the body shots. go watch the fight again retard, he was gassed after those failed takedown attempts in the first round

6/9/13 3:48 PM
da Vinci 81

The Brool Story Company - 

of course he had a ton of diverse strikes, BJ was gassed by the middle of the first round. big fucking whoop. so he beat up on a guy he had close to 30 pounds on. LOL, no. he was not gassed from the body shots. go watch the fight again retard, he was gassed after those failed takedown attempts in the first round

ok moron, I'm sure it had nothing to do with that hook to the body he landed early on. Even Rogan was pointing it out how much it took out of Penn.

Jesus, it's like you Penn fans get stupider by the day. It's always a cardio issue, never skill that comes into play.
6/9/13 3:51 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory. The Rory hype is bad but nothing like the silva hype (2 of his wins in the UFC have been against guys who aren't in the promotion anymore which isn't great)

6/9/13 3:51 PM
The Brool Story Company

yeah, one hook gassed BJ, get the fuck outta here.

he had no business in that cage, he was pudgier than usual at the weigh ins and should have stayed retired.

6/9/13 3:55 PM
da Vinci 81

yeah, one hook gassed BJ, get the fuck outta here.

he had no business in that cage, he was pudgier than usual at the weigh ins and should have stayed retired.

Do you even realize penn went to the hospital after to check for broken ribs??

And here you are saying he didn't gas due to body shots, lol.
6/9/13 4:11 PM
MrHughes1991
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spliff - rather see matt brown vs silva
Dude voted up for the suggestion that would be fucking epic!! Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 4:13 PM
Poptarts

Silva vs Saffiedine seems like a great next fight for both men, does it not?
6/9/13 4:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't make sense now. Wait till they're both at the top of the division.

Then Erick Silva will own him. Phone Post
6/9/13 4:18 PM
GROUNDnLB
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrHughes1991 -
Dude voted up for the suggestion that would be fucking epic!! Phone Post 3.0
No! I want to see Erick versus a legit striker. Give him 1-2 fights with standup people, so the UFC can build up their highlight reel to pump up the casual fans.

As I mentioned above, giving him the winner of the Siyar Lawler fight would rock. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 4:19 PM
GROUNDnLB
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poptarts - Silva vs Saffiedine seems like a great next fight for both men, does it not?
That's a legit fight too Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 4:19 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

I think it'd be a great match up down the road, but Silva needs a few more fights and a little more experience.

I'd be pulling for him though. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 4:23 PM
Poptarts

GROUNDnLB - 
Poptarts - Silva vs Saffiedine seems like a great next fight for both men, does it not?

Well more importantly than a legit fight, it actually makes sense and syncs together. Him fighting Lawler, Rory or Matt Brown is not going to happen especially if they win their next fights.

Saffiedine on the other hand had to pull out of his fight with Lawler due to I believe a minor injury and can start camp soon as can Silva. So this would be a nice fight to target for August or September.

It does a lot for both guys careers too. I want to see it, see who gets to move on into contention too.
6/9/13 4:30 PM
Foos
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GROUNDnLB - 
Foos -
GROUNDnLB - 
Foos - Rory by higher fight IQ
You mean rory by having more wrestling Phone Post 3.0

There's more to it than that. Rory's transitioning from striking to wrestling is great. His GnP is great. He has more varied attacks on his feet.

If he's winning the stand-up he'll keep it there. If he needs to take it down he can do that. He could keep Silva guessing at every point in the fight.
I can't argue with that. GSP has taught him well, and kudos to Rory for not going after the belt....or at least saying that. Phone Post 3.0

You have to give credit to Rory's first coach David Lea of Toshido MMA as well. Rory's well roundedness has come from Dave's system.

Tristar has done an excellent job providing train partners and some game planning. Rory has turned into a more conservative fighter since moving to tristar, which is probably necessary at the highest level. Rory's aggressiveness is probably what cost him in the condit fight. Tristar has tamed that a little bit.
6/9/13 4:32 PM
Foos
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol@anyone picking Rory. Erick is better EVERYWHERE. Rory's wrestling is so overrated. People trying to use the Fitch fight against Erick in a fight with Rory are pretty stupid. Fitch is about 100x the wrestler that Rory is.

I wonder if Fitch's wrestling is as sharp as it use to be. Fitch's wrestling didn't look as on point in the Maia fight.
6/9/13 4:33 PM
Flexo
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ooo lala Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 4:37 PM
BobbyDigital420
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see that fight. Maybe in the next year or so. Love watching both guys fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 4:38 PM
toddiejasl
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the moment, I see Rory winning this fight 6/7 times out of 10...

That might not be the case when they actually do fight 2 or 3 years down the line...

Shit changes...
6/9/13 4:47 PM
Poptarts

toddiejasl - At the moment, I see Rory winning this fight 6/7 times out of 10...

That might not be the case when they actually do fight 2 or 3 years down the line...

Shit changes...

Neither one has really had a bad defeat or their confidence taken away from them. If you watch Silva....He's always so confident, he surely intimidates most of his opponents with his ability to attack at any opening he see's and being comfortable anywhere.

Rory is a very different fighter but similar in the respect he is must more confident and sincere about what he does than most of his opponents, his presence tends to be overwhelming in comparison to most guys he faces too.

Now just imagine if one of them gets knocked out like Rashad did after the Machida fight Rashad was never "Suga" again, he lost it....never got it back either. I think as of right now Rory is better, he's fought and beat far better competition while showing better physical conditioning and technical skills. Still e.Silva is a monster, my hair always is on end when he fights.

6/9/13 4:59 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give him a mid tier wrestler like Rick Story first. If he beats down Story, maybe then Rory.

Based on his interview after the win (sherdog), he doesn't mind taking his time to grow. No need to rush this kid. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 5:22 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

InYoMommaCloset - I was disappointed with that fight with High.

Jason High is much better than that.

He's too chilled out in fights is his problem.

You could see in Erik Silva's face he's like a fuckin' pitbull ready to bit a motherfuckers nose off if he has too.
So much conviction; he's a vicious mofo.

Jason High is an incredible athlete - the difference was so evident between him and Silva.
He's gone the distance with SNOWMAN MONSON in a grappling match.
I'd say his striking technique is probably better than Silva's too.

He's just too damn chilled in fights.

Pffff.

Article on Sherdog about him years ago, how he might be "such a nice guy", so nice he might never live up to his potential in mma.
Motherfucker might have been right.
Woah, I know a guy that lost a nostril to a pit. Phone Post
6/9/13 5:32 PM
GROUNDnLB

Poptarts -
GROUNDnLB - 

Well more importantly than a legit fight, it actually makes sense and syncs together. Him fighting Lawler, Rory or Matt Brown is not going to happen especially if they win their next fights.

Saffiedine on the other hand had to pull out of his fight with Lawler due to I believe a minor injury and can start camp soon as can Silva. So this would be a nice fight to target for August or September.

It does a lot for both guys careers too. I want to see it, see who gets to move on into contention too.
If Lawler wins, I actually feel Erick - Lawler makes tons of sense. Lawler is obviously more experienced, but skill wise it would be an exciting matchup and not at all a mismatch. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.