UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Terrible day at gym

6/9/13 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mnb
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twisted ankle on treadmill because im just that uncoordinated.

Tweaked back doing deadlifts.

Tried to do chinups with one of those giant rubber under my feet because my fatass still cant do a single one without assistance. The rubber band slipped and hit me in the dick.

Shoulda just stayed a fatass. Phone Post
6/9/13 3:18 PM
waxwing slain
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't beat yourself up.

Take a step back and do 6 months of body weight and outdoor walking/running workouts. Bodyweight squats, pushups, dips, plank, etc.

This will gradually prepare your body to be ready for more intense movements like deadlifts etc.
6/9/13 11:01 PM
Shanle929
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try using the treadmill without turning it on and using your own muscle to push the belt and keep chest to bar on treadmill. Doing intervals. Won't have a belt going to make you twist your ankle. We all have bad days at the gym man. Keep plugging away. It's worth it. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 1:08 AM
soreshins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep your chin up mate. At least you're doing something!!! No-one ever got injured eating Pizza and drinking beer Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:09 AM
Devlin
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mnb - Twisted ankle on treadmill because im just that uncoordinated.

Tweaked back doing deadlifts.

Tried to do chinups with one of those giant rubber under my feet because my fatass still cant do a single one without assistance. The rubber band slipped and hit me in the dick.

Shoulda just stayed a fatass. Phone Post
Only terrible sessions are the ones you miss, keep you chin up mate. Phone Post
6/10/13 6:39 PM
mnb
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks yall. It was a shitty day, but you are bound to have a few here and there. Phone Post
6/10/13 7:38 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.break.com/video/first-world-problems-2349393

First world problems, yo.

6/11/13 8:32 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Use the elliptical and don't deadlift.
6/11/13 10:08 AM
disbeliever
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
It happens
6/11/13 11:50 AM
Sweeney Bob
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soreshins - Keep your chin up mate. At least you're doing something!!! No-one ever got injured eating Pizza and drinking beer Phone Post 3.0
Something is better than nothing and we all have not so great days at the gym - the key to making progress is consistency so keep going mofo Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 12:24 PM
disbeliever
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having a bad day at the gym might mean over training too, listen to your body. Taking a few days off will do wonders
6/11/13 12:49 PM
mnb

Yeah. A coupla days off and im feeling much better. Might have to lay off the deadlifts for a weeks or so. Phone Post
6/11/13 12:58 PM
disbeliever

mnb -  Yeah. A coupla days off and im feeling much better. Might have to lay off the deadlifts for a weeks or so. Phone Post

I am 33 in 3 weeks, and have found listening to my body and resting does more for me than any amount of time in the gym. If I over train, my body just starts breaking down rapidly.
6/11/13 3:48 PM
Shanle929
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever -
mnb -  Yeah. A coupla days off and im feeling much better. Might have to lay off the deadlifts for a weeks or so. Phone Post

I am 33 in 3 weeks, and have found listening to my body and resting does more for me than any amount of time in the gym. If I over train, my body just starts breaking down rapidly.
I am 33 and I agree with that. But I still rarely rest. It's more of an active rest for me. Seems to help me. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 5:01 PM
Ham and Egger
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im 33 and I dunno wtf you guys are talking about. FOOD SLEEP SQUATS.
6/11/13 6:59 PM
mnb

Dammit ham and egger. Dont take away my only excuse. Im 28. Maybe its, he kids. I have two. Maybe I can blame my premature decrepitude on them. Phone Post
6/11/13 9:36 PM
LeftBench
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how you took accountability for your bad day, mnb. No excuses, that's man shit right there son. Check out this Joe DeFranco shit:

T-Nation: Joe DeFranco has a knack for spotting the pro athlete hidden inside the high school linebacker or college baseball team's utility man. He knows who has it, and he knows who doesn't. But what is "it?" We asked him.

Joe DeFranco: I call people who have "it" GAMERs. They are:

G: Goal Oriented
A: Accountable
M: Motivated
E: Exact
R: Resilient

Let talk about the "A." People with "it" are accountable for their own actions. Whether you're an athlete, an entrepreneur, or just a guy aspiring to own a warehouse gym, if you have "it" then you don't blame other people. Period.

If these guys suck one day, then they're going to say, "I suck today." They don't make excuses. You'll never hear, "Oh, well, I didn't sleep good last night" or "My ride from school was late." They are accountable for themselves. Always.

These people know, intrinsically, that they're solely accountable for reaching their goals or not. If they screw up, they'll take responsibly and move on. No blame, no excuses.

- Joe DeFranco

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.