UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Metamoris 3: Gracie vs. Bravo 2!!!

6/10/13 1:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 1:24 AM
Clarence Parents
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie Bravo Radio going Live within a minute.. I'm sure he's going to talk about it..

For those interested:

http://www.eddiebravoradio.com/

6/10/13 1:32 AM
JoejitsuMD
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge -
Clarence Parents -
semtex0809 -  Eddie will mopp him again Phone Post

Eddie really didn't "mopp" him in the first bout (Whatever that means) .. but I'm really interested to see how much they've both evolved their games over all this time.

I understand what you mean but it's hard to beat someone any more clearly then how Eddie beat Royler. It wasn't like Eddie won on points.... Phone Post 3.0
Dude have you seen the match? Eddie did really well against one of the best BJJers of all time, but was definitely getting beaten position wise. Royler passed his guard like what 100 times? Eddie was able to get guard again because of his flexibility with the "jailbreak" which I bet Royler never faced before. However if it weren't for the unexpected triangle, royler would have been up probably 20-0. Phone Post
6/10/13 1:36 AM
JoejitsuMD
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the rematch, although late and Royler is old now, is definitely interesting. I would bet anything if they had a rematch 10 years ago Royler would have slaughtered him. Now Eddie has had 10 years to work on his game and although he prob smokes too much weed which holds him back a bit, he probably trains competitively much more than Royler has in that 10 years. Hopefully Royler will have some smart and efficient training with partners able to simulate Bravo's game (although nobody can play his game at the level he can). Phone Post
6/10/13 1:43 AM
Clarence Parents
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On EBR , Eddie just said "People say that Royler would beat me 9 out of 10 times, I think he beats me 6 out of 10 times."

6/10/13 1:44 AM
forumnewb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of you clowns seem to forget that the first eddie/royler match was the 2nd round of adcc 2003.

Eddie won his 1st rnd match by also submitting another black belt named gustavo dantas.

So eddie, as a brown belt, legit tapped 2 black belts, and lost to eventual champion leo vieira.
6/10/13 1:50 AM
Clarence Parents

forumnewb - A lot of you clowns seem to forget that the first eddie/royler match was the 2nd round of adcc 2003.

Eddie won his 1st rnd match by also submitting another black belt named gustavo dantas.

So eddie, as a brown belt, legit tapped 2 black belts, and lost to eventual champion leo vieira.

Impressive, no doubt about it.

6/10/13 2:38 AM
myee8

Can't wait.

6/10/13 3:49 AM
LyotoBundy
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So in Phone Post
6/10/13 4:53 AM
ShakaFerreira
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LyotoBundy - So in Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 4:57 AM
BruceWayne23

TTT for Eddie
6/10/13 5:01 AM
EddieBravo
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv
Thank you very much for the enthusiasm guys!

I'm gonna do my best to put on an exciting match, I promise! :-) Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 5:42 AM
Standup29

Good luck holmes! I'll be watching and respect both guys but hoping for a repeat! Phone Post
6/10/13 5:43 AM
El_Varaco
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR EDDIE!
6/10/13 6:31 AM
simonpe

JoejitsuMD - I think the rematch, although late and Royler is old now, is definitely interesting. I would bet anything if they had a rematch 10 years ago Royler would have slaughtered him. Now Eddie has had 10 years to work on his game and although he prob smokes too much weed which holds him back a bit, he probably trains competitively much more than Royler has in that 10 years. Hopefully Royler will have some smart and efficient training with partners able to simulate Bravo's game (although nobody can play his game at the level he can). Phone Post
Why would weed hold him back? Phone Post
6/10/13 7:43 AM
tres_equis_666
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has Eddie responded on Ralek's comments? Phone Post
6/10/13 8:10 AM
burner22
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tres_equis_666 - Has Eddie responded on Ralek's comments? Phone Post
What did ralek say? Phone Post
6/10/13 8:16 AM
benjininja

Hope Eddie wins but I just wanna see 2 legends grapple while they still have some gusto. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:21 AM
MainelyBJJ
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

burner22 - 
tres_equis_666 - Has Eddie responded on Ralek's comments? Phone Post
What did ralek say? Phone Post

Is there a vid of this or was it just commented on?

In for Vid!

Oh and WAR BRAVO!!!!!!!

6/10/13 8:45 AM
Ocean6

ln
6/10/13 8:57 AM
Babyruth

Eddie Bravo... Or David Gest... You decide!!!! Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 9:03 AM
flyingtoehold
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddieBravo - Thank you very much for the enthusiasm guys!

I'm gonna do my best to put on an exciting match, I promise! :-) Phone Post 3.0
What's the approximate date for that eddie?? Phone Post
6/10/13 9:26 AM
KidPittsburgh
708 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tubarao -  8,9 years maybe 10 years too late.

Isn't Royler almost 50? Phone Post

Royler is 47 (will be 48 in December) and Eddie is 43 (as of last month). Still seems pretty fair.
6/10/13 9:27 AM
The Loge
764 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoejitsuMD -
The Loge -
Clarence Parents -
semtex0809 -  Eddie will mopp him again Phone Post

Eddie really didn't "mopp" him in the first bout (Whatever that means) .. but I'm really interested to see how much they've both evolved their games over all this time.

I understand what you mean but it's hard to beat someone any more clearly then how Eddie beat Royler. It wasn't like Eddie won on points.... Phone Post 3.0
Dude have you seen the match? Eddie did really well against one of the best BJJers of all time, but was definitely getting beaten position wise. Royler passed his guard like what 100 times? Eddie was able to get guard again because of his flexibility with the "jailbreak" which I bet Royler never faced before. However if it weren't for the unexpected triangle, royler would have been up probably 20-0. Phone Post
Yes I have seen the match and yes Eddie was losing on points but he still won in the most definitive way possible, submitting his opponent. Not just any opponent either, one of the all time BJJ greats, a living jiu jitsu god Royler Gracie. Truth be told you're one of the biggest Eddie Bravo haters on this forum and you look to discredit his accomplishment any way that you can. In my opinion Eddie and Royler are both BJJ legends and deserve an enormous amount of respect and admiration for what they have accomplished in BJJ and what they have done to further the evolution of the art. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 9:30 AM
The Loge
764 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That may have been a little harsh JoeJitsuMD, you seem like a good dude and I enjoy your posts most of the time. It just seems like you're always overly critical of Mr. Bravo. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.