UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Werdum wants title fight, open to another TUF

6/9/13 9:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Fabricio Werdum is now 3-0 inside the UFC since losing his last fight in Strikeforce to Alistair Overeem. In the heavyweight division, a three fight win streak can put you near title contention and Werdum is anxious to meet the champion either in a title fight, or perhaps first in a coaching position on a mexican/latin season of the Ultimate Fighter:

Werdum, though, is holding out hope he can fight Velasquez, the UFC's Mexican-American champion, at some point. Even if it means waiting.

"For those who don't know, I'm a commentator for the UFC in Spanish because I can speak in Spanish ... after living for many years in Spain," Werdum said through a translator. "I came with the idea to the UFC of doing an 'Ultimate Fighter' with Velasquez in Mexico.

"I don't know if he's going to beat 'Cigano.' It's going to be a very good fight. I'll be sitting back, observing both of them. ... But I've already spent one year without fighting because I did 'The Ultimate Fighter' here (in Brazil), so I wouldn't like that to happen again. But if the UFC says wait a little more, do 'The Ultimate Fighter,' then fight the champion, I'll definitely wait and be working out to become a champion."

read entire article...

6/9/13 9:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No more tuf please. I don't like these top 5 guys being taken out for so long to film a reality show Phone Post
6/9/13 9:11 PM
dhughes
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  No more tuf please. I don't like these top 5 guys being taken out for so long to film a reality show Phone Post

Yes, agreed. VU
6/9/13 9:13 PM
HolyHackZack
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - No more tuf please. I don't like these top 5 guys being taken out for so long to film a reality show Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 9:13 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can he just fight someone else in the meantime? TUF is getting over played... Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 9:19 PM
epwar
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  No more tuf please. I don't like these top 5 guys being taken out for so long to film a reality show Phone Post

This.

6/9/13 9:21 PM
Ep32nv
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him fight the winner of Mir vs Barnett just to keep busy. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 10:26 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should fight Cormier in the meantime. Would be high risk, but would be fun fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 11:57 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Should fight Cormier in the meantime. Would be high risk, but would be fun fight. Phone Post 3.0
The problem with giving Cormier a meaningful heavyweight fight is he says his next is his last at heavyweight. You don't really want him beating the top contender and then peacing out at heavyweight. Phone Post
6/10/13 12:02 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUF vs Cain would be perfect if the timing worked out but that would keep him on the shelf for about a year.

But they want to go into Mexico, they need Cain to be the guy and a HW who is a top guy that speaks Spanish like Werdum would be perfect.

I think its what the UFC would love to do but it would keep Cain out assuming he wins vs JDS in the fall and it would push that fight back till probably this time next year.

They wouldnt likely fill till end of the year/early next, wouldnt air till March/April and they woudlnt fight till June.

I hope they dont do it but it seems like something they would love to do.
6/10/13 1:18 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - TUF vs Cain would be perfect if the timing worked out but that would keep him on the shelf for about a year.

But they want to go into Mexico, they need Cain to be the guy and a HW who is a top guy that speaks Spanish like Werdum would be perfect.

I think its what the UFC would love to do but it would keep Cain out assuming he wins vs JDS in the fall and it would push that fight back till probably this time next year.

They wouldnt likely fill till end of the year/early next, wouldnt air till March/April and they woudlnt fight till June.

I hope they dont do it but it seems like something they would love to do.
I think it would help give UFC time to continue finding additional heavyweights to their roster. A year would not be enough to stack it, but its a decent time buyer. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 9:17 AM
BrokeFitch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he should stay busy imo!
looked a little rusty in his last fight! Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:33 AM
eljamaiquino
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Señor Penis - I hate tuf but a Mexico tuf would be cool, I would watch.

When I met, Werdum, his spanish was really good. He speaks better Spanish than Cain lol Phone Post
He does. His commentary on Mundofox is perfect. Phone Post
6/10/13 1:10 PM
NomoRomophobia
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stay busy. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.