UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: I did work with Hendo to 'set up' Jones

6/10/13 8:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last year UFC 151 was cancelled after Dan Henderson was injured, and Jon Jones refused late replacement Chael Sonnen. Jones came under intense fire from nearly the entire sport for turning down the fight with the lighter Sonnen. The Jones camp said in their defense that it was Hendo who was at fault, for delaying news of his injury, perhaps in an effort to benefit Sonnen.

"Chael didn’t know anything about it," said Henderson at the time. "He had definitely not been training at all. My guys told me that Greg Jackson said in an interview that Chael was down training with me and getting ready for the fight and knew I was hurt. It was nothing like that at all. He wasn’t even down here. I asked him if he wanted to come down and help me train a couple months ago, but he didn’t come down."

However, it looks like Jones was right all along.

On Sunday's episode of "UFC Tonight: Fight Edition" Sonnen said he had in fact known about Henderson's injury before the UFC (and the public) did, and further, that he was tipped off about Antonio Rogerio Nogueira's recent injury, which led to Sonnen getting matched up against Maurico "Shogun" Rua at UFC on FOX Sports 1 on Aug 17.

"You know, it really got put together through Little Nog's cowardice," said Sonnen. "I've been training for Shogun for a while. I knew this was going to happen. This kind of reminds me of the time me and Dan Henderson set up Jon Jones on 8 days' notice."

Sonnen then turned to the camera and said, "he finally admitted it."

Jon Jones' coach Greg Jackson took the revelation in stride.

"I don't know if that's true, but I'd like to think it is," Jackson told MMAjunkie.com. "I think Chael is very smart, and that would be another testament to that fact. love the guy, and if he did indeed control the situation like that, it shows real tactical brilliance.

"He could also just be messing around, which is funny as hell. Who knows? Either way, I wish him the best."

And on Tuesday's edition of "UFC Tonight the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that is Chael Sonnen said he made it up.

"All we know for sure is that I lied," said Sonnen. "I said one thing and then I said the exact opposite. You turned to a liar to tell you the truth? That makes as much sense as going to a Kardashian for marriage advice."

Read entire article...

6/10/13 8:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
6/10/13 8:53 AM
DWTF

duh
6/10/13 9:02 AM
jjchgo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm a fan but i'm calling bullshit... this is starting to get old and tiresome.
6/10/13 9:25 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Obvious troll Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 9:25 AM
LILBROCK

I think it's pretty obvious he knew well in advance by the way he began attacking Jones on Twitter weeks before Dan pulled out. He and Dan have known each other forever as well so why would he not be training with him? Or worst case scenario in contact with Dan directly or one of his coaches/training partners? Of course Chael knew and was more prepared than Dana led on.
6/10/13 9:36 AM
Allucard

I called this way back... Really easy to see through trick.
6/10/13 9:44 AM
Shoryuken Rw

I believe it. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 9:53 AM
RLL
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG news on front page says he knew "Jones was hurt"... wut? Phone Post
6/10/13 9:59 AM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ considering what he made... pretty sweet I think

6/10/13 10:06 AM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Sonnen: I knew Jones was hurt before 151, worked with Hendo to set him up"

Great headline, UG News! Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:09 AM
Ip Man 81

Pitbull3744 - Chael can pretty much say or do whatever he wants now. Dana is like ChAels BIATCH it's pretty funny to see how the tides turn. Now that fox loves him Chael could lose 5 times in a row and get a title shot. Phone Post 3.0
Really? Could he really lose that much and still get a title shot? Lets try to use some logic here. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:19 AM
Diazed And Confused
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen's funny as fuck, and good for the sport. Take your tampons out, ladies. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:31 AM
Ip Man 81

Diazed And Confused - Sonnen's funny as fuck, and good for the sport. Take your tampons out, ladies. Phone Post 3.0
Haha this 100% VU

I don't get all the whiners Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:43 AM
Mexican Janitor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
Diazed And Confused - Sonnen's funny as fuck, and good for the sport. Take your tampons out, ladies. Phone Post 3.0
Haha this 100% VU

One of the few guys in the sport that has a personality Phone Post
6/10/13 11:02 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - 
Haha this 100% VU

This

6/10/13 11:08 AM
cecils_pupils

Chael stating the obvious. We all know he was aware of Hendo's injury way before anyone else was, including Dana.

Chael was just as successful at getting the entire MMA community mad at Jones over the 151 cancellation as he is in getting title shots he doesn't earn. He got his payday though, and a nice ass beating for his trouble.
6/10/13 11:38 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

C.P. Sonnen.

6/10/13 12:58 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Joshua King - Rolex

Lier jets

Armani suits

Limousines. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

6/10/13 12:59 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was let down when there wasnt the double switch with chael getting hurt at the end of tuf after he got their ratings for them and have hendo come back in to fight jones. That was my perfect hendo fan world I guess.
6/10/13 1:26 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 

Why is this Bozo still talking?

Why are you still posting?

6/10/13 2:02 PM
mofomike
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in chael we trust.

6/10/13 2:11 PM
jcblass
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sarcasim perhaps?
6/10/13 2:53 PM
kinson

Mexican Janitor -
Ip Man 81 -
Haha this 100% VU

One of the few guys in the sport that has a personality Phone Post
Cgael is awesome. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:39 PM
SRTGEO

KingofBJJ - 

Why is this Bozo still talking?

Because you're still listening.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.