UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jon Fitch responds to Dana White on fighter pay

6/10/13 7:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth -
T-Ham -

He isn't complaining. He's responding and informing.

Quoted so others can see it.

Fact remains, these guys should be getting paid more. Phone Post 3.0
Yep Phone Post
6/10/13 7:32 PM
JStrongMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people are missing the point of the video. Jon didn't complain about the money he was paid and never has. He was just trying to be transparent abiut what fighters of his caliber make since it's relevant as there has been a lot of discussion regarding fighter pay recently. Phone Post
6/10/13 7:45 PM
Macedawgg
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well--in truth, lets call a spade a spade. 

He doesn't say, "this is my complaint. . ."

However, by releasing the video to address the issue, he is making it known he is not content.

6/10/13 7:59 PM
canuck34
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HobeyBaker - How hard it is to become professional or great is irrelevant. What makes more money per year, the UFC or the ATP World Tour? I honestly don't know.
ATP by a massive order of magnitude. The players total purse from Wimbledon alone is over $25MM and the players actually complain they they don't get a high enough percent of total revenue. Phone Post
6/10/13 8:05 PM
Whambo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife - Wow you rode others popularity on ppvs. How many people bought it cause he was on it? Near zero.

You aren't a real fan, and I honestly wish you were not part of this forum.
6/10/13 8:06 PM
mikethecricket
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

me and my girl laughed so hard when we started scrolling down and saw this

caption:"fuck you goof"
6/10/13 8:07 PM
BJJkilla
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's just making sure he can never come back to the UFC, great job fitch. keep trying to piss off blaf and the rest of zuffa.
6/10/13 8:11 PM
Whambo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJkilla - he's just making sure he can never come back to the UFC, great job fitch. keep trying to piss off blaf and the rest of zuffa.

Yes, he's such a terrible person posting facts. Sorry not everyone is a giant ass kisser like you.
6/10/13 8:14 PM
Whambo

Funny how when boxing promoters were making the lions share off of boxing fights it was a pretty big deal and the government got involved (albeit unsuccessfully) but nowadays it's just "well you shouldn't have signed the contract". But this is a forum where is Dana says "hi" he'll get about 100 VU's. Everyone is so far up Zuffa's ass, and some are definately shills that represent Zuffa i'm sure of it.
6/10/13 8:15 PM
B_Goetz

"I've never complained about money. I love the money I made in the UFC." Jon Fitch, in the video you just watched.

About 80% of the people in this thread seem to be under the impression that Jon is complaining about his pay. Dana made public claims about Jon's income, so Jon decided to make a video to speak for himself.
6/10/13 8:21 PM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should've been the 1st person to post on here but in typical fashion, Fitch made me fall asleep.

6/10/13 8:26 PM
Macedawgg
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/10/13 8:27 PM
B_Goetz - "I've never complained about money. I love the money I made in the UFC." Jon Fitch, in the video you just watched.

About 80% of the people in this thread seem to be under the impression that Jon is complaining about his pay. Dana made public claims about Jon's income, so Jon decided to make a video to speak for himself.

"The idea that they're paying anyone enough money to where it would affect how they do business is a joke," he said. "They have enough money to pay the fighters at the events from ticket sales, easily. That's not counting pay-per-views, merchandise and any of the other stuff that goes on – even the concessions at those arenas.

"There's a reason why nobody has the numbers, because it would look really bad on them if people actually had the numbers to see what they were spending on those kind of things. It's not what they make it out to be.

"I think their profit margins – the amount of money they make compared to amount of money they spend out compared to what they actually pay the fighters – I think they could spare quite a bit more. A lot of that comes down to management. You get the managers to grow a pair and really come together and fight for money for the athletes."

"That is an extreme lowball for the money that they're making."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/ex-ufc-welterweight-jon-fitch-responds-to-dana-whites-fight-pay-comments

6/10/13 8:51 PM
SmackyBear
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HobeyBaker - How hard it is to become professional or great is irrelevant. What makes more money per year, the UFC or the ATP World Tour? I honestly don't know.

I don't know about the tours themselves, but tennis events crush the UFC in revenue.

The US Open alone produces about $250M in revenue and pays out $30M in prize money.

The other three majors don't do quite what the US Open does, but just the majors together beat the UFC by quite a bit.
6/10/13 8:59 PM
Stea1th

6/10/13 9:11 PM
BJ_Penmanship
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Panda head - Broke Finch is more interesting to watch during this than any of his previous fights. Phone Post 3.0
Yeep Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 9:22 PM
spliffmood

I swear I heard this muthfucka bitch about money.

6/10/13 9:23 PM
hendofanforlife
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whambo - 
hendofanforlife - Wow you rode others popularity on ppvs. How many people bought it cause he was on it? Near zero.

You aren't a real fan, and I honestly wish you were not part of this forum.

Wait so I don't like fitch's sour grapes and I'm not a fan? Sorry but fact remains almost no one bought a ppv directly because of fitch. I didn't say he sucks or is boring. In fact I've enjoyed many of his fights but his bitching is pathetic.
6/10/13 9:24 PM
REDRUM_NYC

My fight money!!!!!!!

6/10/13 9:24 PM
BJJkilla
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whambo - 
BJJkilla - he's just making sure he can never come back to the UFC, great job fitch. keep trying to piss off blaf and the rest of zuffa.

Yes, he's such a terrible person posting facts. Sorry not everyone is a giant ass kisser like you.

i have no problem with him posting facts, he has every right to since dana responded to him and took shots at him through the media. just saying he also should know there's no way he'll return to the UFC now, you think blaf will forgive fitch for trying to expose the UFC pay?
6/10/13 9:31 PM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn... High level athlete... $176,000.

6/10/13 9:35 PM
ranier wolfcastle
936 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive always liked fitch

seems like  a cool guy

6/10/13 9:37 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

176,000/yr over his entire career with the UFC
6/10/13 9:39 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not saying he doesn't have a point, but from what I can tell from the calculations he gave, he paid his managment/gym 34,000 a year, which left him with 142,000/year. Now, not great money for a top tier fighter, but good money for the average joe. But then we aren't adding in his sponsorships. But, if he doesn't have a lot of sponsorships, that isn't really on anyone but himself. Sponsors want exciting fighters. Why you think Uncle Creepy gets to drive a fancy car a lot of weekends? Because he has a good sponsor.
6/10/13 9:41 PM
LI PWR
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In this instance Dana responded to the "hostile work environment" comment by JF. Dana said you don't get over $300,000 in discretionary bonuses plus $130,000 in performance bonuses above the contracted dollar amount in a hostile work environment. Plus a gift basket for the birth of his child!
6/10/13 9:53 PM
hedfunk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact is if he was more exciting as a fighter and a person he would of been paid more. Let's not beat around the bush. Even on here a forum for mma diehards, 90% of people complained about his style. He was not exciting. Not even a bit. He was the poster boy for what alot of people dislike in the sport. Lay and praying. That's not a good thing.

In most businesses you get paid more if you make more money for the business. How much did Fitch really bring in?

He maybe should of got another shot at GSP based on his record but where is the upside with that for the UFC? Did fitch change his game at all after losing to GSP? No. He himself knew that his style put him on the endangered species list. Be didn't do anything to change that. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.