UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Schaub/Cyborg press conference vid

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/10/13 5:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
luctaro
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

syobwoc - 
hustlewestbrook -
BigEyedFish -

for ID

LOL Wut Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post

I know he should have behaved according to the rules of the competition he was taking part of but what a fun way to make jiujutsu players look ridiculous.

Yes awesome scrambles when 2 people are willing, but if 1 of the 2 doesnt want to the other guys inability to take the match to the ground really shines.
6/10/13 8:08 PM
no-gi_JAMES420
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro - 
syobwoc - 
hustlewestbrook -
BigEyedFish -

for ID

LOL Wut Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post

I know he should have behaved according to the rules of the competition he was taking part of but what a fun way to make jiujutsu players look ridiculous.

Yes awesome scrambles when 2 people are willing, but if 1 of the 2 doesnt want to the other guys inability to take the match to the ground really shines.

When they were standing, Cyborg pushed Schaub to the edge of the mat every time. He just kept backing up. Hard to take a guy down who is going backwards.
6/10/13 8:13 PM
theoutsiders
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was always indifferent about him. Now I realllly don't like the guy. Bet he lost a lot of fans. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:14 PM
Vaginal Tear
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sincitydc -
hustlewestbrook -
BigEyedFish -

for ID

LOL Wut Phone Post 3.0
Black belt level Phone Post 3.0
At black belt level you are supposed to just stare at each other. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:22 PM
Jone2tone
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear -
sincitydc -
hustlewestbrook -
BigEyedFish -

for ID

LOL Wut Phone Post 3.0
Black belt level Phone Post 3.0
At black belt level you are supposed to just stare at each other. Phone Post 3.0
Submission by mind control. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:26 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The match was bad but it really annoyed me when he seemed satisfied with his performance at the press conference. He didn't want to be on top or bottom. Why the hell did he sign up for the contest? IMO that was testing himself in BJJ as much as blanketing Lavar was testing his chin.

Classless in the presser and then you compare that to Aoki's comments that "The better man won, he had me" when I felt that it was a little unfair that he was half off the mat and then balancing on the gentleman's back when he tapped. Sub was locked though.

Was pointless for Brendan to compete in that manner.
6/10/13 8:51 PM
Red Stuff
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What was this guy thinking? It boggles my mind that Brendan is 30 but has the self-awareness of a teenager.

Having said that, he did well to not get submitted. He avoided Cyborg's signature move a good few times and that's more than I could've done.
6/11/13 12:32 AM
creepymcfinger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Irritating to watch for sure Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 1:29 AM
mmadent45
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coming this summer
Cool Runnings 2
It would be so fitting to have this as the sequel. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 1:35 AM
justinthevikingwren
1807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish -

"Ive never ran from anyone in my life" - Brenden S

"Brenden is less seasoned in jiu jitsu"  - Ralek.  Exactly why he had NO business in this event.  

The stupid "I didnt do it" look on Schaubs face during that conference made me want to punch my computer.  What a tool.  No regard and no respect for the grappling purists (by the way, him saying people in the stands at metamoris are largely without knowledge of grappling is bullshit) who paid money to see competitors trade techniques.  We PAID MONEY not to see if you could pass some stupid personal challenge (his claim, shutting cyborg down).  We paid to be entertained by masters.  Plain and simple.  

Stop talking about Mitrione

stop talking about who you shut down in the UFC.  No one here cares about that shit.  Asshole.  

To his defense, he didn't say the crowd there was uneducated. He was referring to the matches online he watched and said the past opponents made mistakes because of the uneducated crowds put pressure and rushed Cyborg's opponents and they made a mistake. He wasn't referring to you guys.

Having said that, not a good match at all. You have reason to be upset. Phone Post
6/11/13 1:49 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
1353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wowza

6/11/13 2:22 AM
scaredy cat
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched the whole "fight" today on Youtube. It was a joke. Why would someone sign up for a Jiu Jitsu competition with no intention of grappling? It was just disrespectful.
6/11/13 2:31 AM
tres_equis_666
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donfro - What an absolute farce.

If only cyborg was more fluent and confident in English to be able to give Schaub a harsher blasting at the press conference.

Or maybe if the promoter had more balls to confront Schaub.
Ralek's never going to call him out on that, doesn't Brendan trane at Gracie Academy and at Renzo's?

Which makes that "built his name off my uncle" statement to Eddie way more douchier Phone Post
6/11/13 2:42 AM
12SixElbow
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Schaub trains with the promoter, I feel like he did what he wanted to do, not get subbed.

But it was all pretty pointless IMO.

6/11/13 3:10 AM
12SixElbow
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/videos/2013/6/4/4394418/the-mma-hour-episode-183-brendan-schaub

Before the match on MMA hour

Schaub said things like

"I'm going for the submission"

"I'm going to bring a pace he isn't used to"

"I am going in there to beat one of the best BJJ guys in the world"

"On the ground it takes two to tango" (In reference to the Johnson fight)

6/11/13 3:15 AM
idsmashit

Taking BJJ to the next level
6/11/13 4:17 AM
Tommyunited
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TriumphUnited.com, MarketingCoordinator

wow

6/11/13 4:39 AM
Bootsy Collins
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Schaub really has been sabotaginh his own popularity quite a bit recently.
Playing the Heel: You're doing it wrong
6/11/13 4:54 AM
Devlin
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro -
syobwoc - 
hustlewestbrook -
BigEyedFish -

for ID

LOL Wut Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post

Yep, guy did to jiu jitsu what kalob starnes did to mma. Phone Post
6/11/13 7:37 AM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shameful shiet.
6/11/13 7:52 AM
John 1

Why didn't Cyborg stand up and take Schaub down if he's so great? He's just as much to blame. It's not Schaub's fault that cyborg is so unathletic and his takedowns are so bad.
6/11/13 8:53 AM
wiggum
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, that's one of the least likable I've ever seen a sports personality.
6/11/13 9:17 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

i can't tell if schaub is serious or not w that crap but mad props to Cyborg on not losing his cool, i bet some people would wanna start throwin down. i'm annoyed by just watching that gif
6/11/13 9:28 AM
BigEyedFish
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bootsy Collins - Schaub really has been sabotaginh his own popularity quite a bit recently.
Playing the Heel: You're doing it wrong

lol he isnt playing the heel. He is a genuine douche. He just cant help it. Just take a look at his face during the press conference. He seems truly clueless and things everyone else is wrong. What a tool
6/11/13 9:34 AM
ortman166

What an embarrassment Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.