UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Schaub/Cyborg press conference vid

6/12/13 1:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the underlying premise of Metamoris is submission-only, how did Schaub expect to get a sub if he failed to effectively engage Cyborg? I expected a hell of a lot more from a BJJ brown belt, but instead he choose to "Schaub & Wang" for 20 minutes. IMHO, this revealed he had no belief in his skills. Interesting how the Gracies developed a "game plan" for Schaub that completely contradicted the whole point of their promotion.
6/12/13 1:47 AM
BOOMheadshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tap cyborgs forehead twice if you want your soul back.
6/12/13 2:07 AM
newjack900
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His performance was pathetic.. no competitive spirit.. & the smug press conference was what put it over the top. A disgrace to the competition. Why show up if your entire intent was to avoid grappling? He had nothing to lose & still had too much ego to compete. Damn shame
6/12/13 2:11 AM
spliffmood

Shaub's post fight comments was even more embarrassing than his fight.
6/12/13 2:14 AM
AMR Group
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Jiu Jitsu version of Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 5:19 AM
Vulva Fabulous
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby -
2JupitersTooMany - 
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby -
2JupitersTooMany -
BigEyedFish - 

for ID

Schaub is a brilliant innovator at the cutting edge of absolute boredom, combining stalling BJJ and point fighting, mind blown.

We've had Lay n Pray
We've had Wall n Stall
I present you Stand n Tap Phone Post
Daub and Schaub? Phone Post 3.0

Damn, way better than me.
Thats why 2Jupes will always > me :(
The ref should've called for the bell after that. I clearly count 3 taps to the head. Looks like a sub to me, Shaub tapped IMO. Too bad the ref didn't do that....it would've been like the ref pissin his cornflakes Phone Post
6/12/13 8:47 AM
The Maccabee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow huge ups to cyborg, much respect

i dont think id be able to hold my composure in that nonsensical arguement
6/12/13 8:52 AM
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/12/13 9:02 AM
Brendan is an awesome guy and he's evolution as a fighter has been very noticeable. He's getting wiser and has broaden up all of his fighting game. I'm happy for him getting to reach this state.

This beeing said, the match against Abreu was a total snoozefest.
6/12/13 10:16 AM
Cory Dee

For those that haven't seen (Bluename please): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEo3GMH66Q8
6/12/13 11:06 AM
TheDecider

Nuevo Haole - 

why isnt anyone making fun of the guy sitting down?

Cyborg also layed down and gave Schaub the angle to run past his guard. Basically trying anything to get him to engage.

6/12/13 11:11 AM
BigEyedFish

Nuevo Haole - 

Allow me to assist you in understanding:

- because many of us are grapplers and understand how it works
- because it was all he could do since he tried engaging on the feet and with an opponent moving backwards constantly on an elevated mat with no barrier, its impossible to force a takedown.
- because it was obvious to anyone who understands grappling, or who has vision basically, that he was trying to instigate contact
- because BS wouldnt try a takedown or pull guard or clinch so he had no options
- because he knew it was a grappling event and he came to grapple, not to push heads and run around
- because you need to grapple on the ground in a grappling event where people are paid to grapple
- because bjj is primarily about ground work so he stayed on the ground, where every other metamoris and/or ibjjf competitor competes. That is why they use padded mats
- because cyborg like the other competitors understood that people paid money to see top level grapplers grappling, which as it seems you may not know, takes place on a mat that is placed on the ground
6/12/13 1:52 PM
donovese
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish -
Nuevo Haole - 

Allow me to assist you in understanding:

- because many of us are grapplers and understand how it works
- because it was all he could do since he tried engaging on the feet and with an opponent moving backwards constantly on an elevated mat with no barrier, its impossible to force a takedown.
- because it was obvious to anyone who understands grappling, or who has vision basically, that he was trying to instigate contact
- because BS wouldnt try a takedown or pull guard or clinch so he had no options
- because he knew it was a grappling event and he came to grapple, not to push heads and run around
- because you need to grapple on the ground in a grappling event where people are paid to grapple
- because bjj is primarily about ground work so he stayed on the ground, where every other metamoris and/or ibjjf competitor competes. That is why they use padded mats
- because cyborg like the other competitors understood that people paid money to see top level grapplers grappling, which as it seems you may not know, takes place on a mat that is placed on the ground
Check mate. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 4:12 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buddy saw this somewhere:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.