UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wouldn't Bendo just out grapple Aldo ftw?

6/10/13 4:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Da Ghost
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As dangerous as Aldo is, I suspect Bendo would not risk getting into a kickboxing match and would dominate Aldo with takedowns, and use his superior cardio to wear him out.

As much as I like Pettis, part of me is rooting against him in the fight, so we can see Aldo move up and challenge Bendo Phone Post
6/10/13 4:26 PM
EvanHayes

No, I know MMA math isn't the best but Bendo couldn't out grapple Edgar at all, and to be honest, Aldo had his way with Edgar. Aldo is much stronger than people give him credit for. imo
6/10/13 4:31 PM
hustlewestbrook

I think Aldo's footwork and defensive wrestling would be good enough to keep it on the feet. I live Benson but I honestly think Aldo would win this fight. Ben could try to wall n stall, but we saw in the Mendes fight how that goes over. I think Benson gets lit up in this matchup, but this is of course assuming Ben gets past Grant, which is a tall order in itself. Whether ya like him of not, can't deny that Bendo has been through a murderers row so far Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 4:33 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson's best chance to win would be to wear Aldo down with his pace and size. I can't really see him doing it any other way. Aldo's just way too fast and good on the feet, has maybe the best tdd of any striker in MMA. Even if he gets taken down, Aldo's bjj and scrambles are really good. I don't think Benson could keep him down without tiring him out. Phone Post
6/10/13 4:34 PM
Humanityisthedevil
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hustlewestbrook - I think Aldo's footwork and defensive wrestling would be good enough to keep it on the feet. I live Benson but I honestly think Aldo would win this fight. Ben could try to wall n stall, but we saw in the Mendes fight how that goes over. I think Benson gets lit up in this matchup, but this is of course assuming Ben gets past Grant, which is a tall order in itself. Whether ya like him of not, can't deny that Bendo has been through a murderers row so far Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much this IMHO.
6/10/13 4:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
Jesus KO'd stayrad -
EvanHayes - No, I know MMA math isn't the best but Bendo couldn't out grapple Edgar at all, and to be honest, Aldo had his way with Edgar. Aldo is much stronger than people give him credit for. imo
Aldo and Edgar fought? Phone Post 3.0
Oh fuck aye how did I forget that fight. Sorry man. Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post
6/10/13 5:09 PM
Silhouette
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson's New and Improved Butler - Aldo also has great jiu jitsu. Remember that Florian was a fairly well decorated BB before he started MMA, and Aldo had his way with him on the ground. I think Ben wins this fight, but it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Im not hating on kenny, he has good BJJ, but he doesnt have a single title at any belt in BJJ competitions.

Bendo competes regularly in GI BJJ and does pretty well, usually medals, and had a great showing at worlds a couple years ago.
6/10/13 5:16 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Silhouette -
Jobe Watson's New and Improved Butler - Aldo also has great jiu jitsu. Remember that Florian was a fairly well decorated BB before he started MMA, and Aldo had his way with him on the ground. I think Ben wins this fight, but it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Im not hating on kenny, he has good BJJ, but he doesnt have a single title at any belt in BJJ competitions.

Bendo competes regularly in GI BJJ and does pretty well, usually medals, and had a great showing at worlds a couple years ago.
Aldo has 2 wins at brown against Cobrinha and did very well on the ground against Mike Brown and Faber too. I think in bjj Aldo is a level ahead of Benson, but in MMA if Benson was on top he'd have the advantage most likely. If he could get it there and keep Aldo down that is. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:23 PM
Silhouette
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wasnt saying that, i think Aldo is better than both of them on the ground. Nova Uniao aint no joke. I didnt know he had wins against Cobrinha though that makes me give an even bigger edge to Aldo
6/10/13 5:29 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Silhouette - i wasnt saying that, i think Aldo is better than both of them on the ground. Nova Uniao aint no joke. I didnt know he had wins against Cobrinha though that makes me give an even bigger edge to Aldo
Sorry wasn't trying to argue.

Here is my source:
http://www.graciemag.com/2012/01/5-of-jose-aldos-most-memorable-jiu-jitsu-matches/

From what I've read it sounds like Aldo could have been a world class grappler if he had chosen to go that route. I'd like to see him use it in his fights more, like Barao does. Maybe he hasn't just because he's been fighting so many wrestlers. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:34 PM
Silhouette

o i believed you man, Nova Uniao produces killers
6/10/13 6:09 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally I think Pettis is a bigger challenge for Aldo. I am not trying to take away from Ben. But styles make fights, and Aldo already has an idea of how to deal with an aggressive wrestler with decent striking.

Pettis however brings very high level striking to the table, something Aldo may not have yet experienced at this level. Well maybe with Hominick to some extent, but I would rank Pettis a grade above Hominick at the very least. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 6:19 PM
weebrave
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would think Bendo would use his size and pace to wear aldo down but who knows Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.