UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: Breaking point was White talking s---

6/10/13 4:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Quinton Rampage last week announced his move to Bellator Fighting Championship after he finished his contract with the UFC. Rampage was unhappy with his latest run in the UFC, but it was words of UFC President Dana White's words that were the last straw and made his decision easy:

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson made millions in his six-plus years in the UFC, but it appears his breaking point wasn't over money, but over Dana White being critical about him to reporters when he failed to make weight for his UFC 144 fight with Ryan Bader.

"He talked s*** about me not making weight," said Jackson on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani on Monday. "That's when I decided I was going to leave the UFC."

Jackson had over the next year insisted that when his contract was up, after his next fight (which ended up on Jan 26 in Chicago, a loss to Glover Teixeira), he was gone. He said that he didn't even consider the offer UFC made to sign him to a new deal, even though at the time, he had no idea the Bellator/Spike/TNA offer was coming.

"I knew I wasn't happy with UFC," he said. "I haven't been happy for a long time. I did a lot of smart investments, saved my money up, worked on rehabbing my knees. I knew I was going to get out of there. I knew I was going to bounce."

read entire article... 

6/10/13 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is getting old.... he is with a new company but continues to speak about the UFC and IMO it's because deep down inside, he still wants to fight there...... also the "he talked shit about me" excuse is weak.. .he deserved to talk shit about you, you missed weight... was he supposed to be happy/ GTFOH

6/10/13 5:13 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

djones -

This is getting old.... he is with a new company but continues to speak about the UFC and IMO it's because deep down inside, he still wants to fight there...... also the "he talked shit about me" excuse is weak.. .he deserved to talk shit about you, you missed weight... was he supposed to be happy/ GTFOH

He talks about it because everyone keeps asking about it Phone Post
6/10/13 5:15 PM
MMALOGIC

sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend... spike is a perfect fit for him.
6/10/13 5:19 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is just sad now. What a fall for Rampage. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:20 PM
tonytr

He missed weight and because Dana was understandably not happy about it he decided to leave. LMAO.
6/10/13 5:22 PM
Sardinian pride

tonytr - He missed weight and because Dana was understandably not happy about it he decided to leave. LMAO.
This Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 5:25 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Ramps never seems to take any of the responsibility for his own failings.

If I reported unfit for work, my boss would talk shit about me and rightly so. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 5:26 PM
Chris27

tonytr - He missed weight and because Dana was understandably not happy about it he decided to leave. LMAO.

I believe his beef was he was hurt, UFC knew he was hurt but he stayed on the card cause it was Japan and he was the big name guy on the card.

So he felt like he was doing the UFC a favor and the fact they knew he was hurt they should give him a break but Dana shitted on him in the media for missing weight.

Thats what I believe that whole thing was about. So to him he was doing the UFC a favor by taking the fight hurt and Dana should have given him a break for missing weight instead of shitting on him.

6/10/13 5:36 PM
ABE FROMAN

6/10/13 5:36 PM
DoomFarmer
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - Rampage is superior to all you keyboard warrior virgins

and probably richer too

Go give him a foot massage.
6/10/13 5:40 PM
HexRei

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Ramps never seems to take any of the responsibility for his own failings.

If I reported unfit for work, my boss would talk shit about me and rightly so. Phone Post 3.0

If I punched somebody at work, I'd almost certainly get fired, so Rampage should stop punching people during his work
6/10/13 5:42 PM
kinson

Rampage is a huge cry baby. Dude move on. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:45 PM
mikerobmma
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - Rampage is superior to all you keyboard warrior virgins

and probably richer too
You should probably get his dick out of your mouth. Phone Post 3.0
TheKidAintMine
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - Ramps never seems to take any of the responsibility for his own failings.

If I punched somebody at work, I'd almost certainly get fired, so Rampage should stop punching people during his work

This is true. If Rampage stopped trying to be a boxer and just went back to slamming fools like he did in Pride, maybe he would've won his last few fights.

Actually, who I am kidding...he was never gonna beat Glover! But I was really hoping he was gonna knock out Jones.
The Swinging Richard
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - Rampage is superior to all you keyboard warrior virgins

and probably richer too

6/10/13 5:46 PM
NomoRomophobia
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pillow candy! Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 5:49 PM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This shits getting older than all that Fallon Fox crap. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:53 PM
3 Sided Square
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei -

What a fucking terrible analogy. Seriously, just a lack of logical thinking. I bet you mentally fist pumped when you posted that too, which is sad.

Unfit is a concept, it applies universally to any job in different forms. Your punching analogy makes no sense. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:54 PM
HexRei

Edited: 06/10/13 5:55 PM
3 Sided Square - 
HexRei -

What a fucking terrible analogy. Seriously, just a lack of logical thinking. I bet you mentally fist pumped when you posted that too, which is sad.

Unfit is a concept, it applies universally to any job in different forms. Your punching analogy makes no sense. Phone Post

I was pointing the asininity of picking one element of a completely dissimilar line of work and pretending its applicable, but clearly it went way, way over your head.

Oh shit.... 12'er. Move along, kiddo. Summer break must be almost over now, go study some algebra or something.
6/10/13 5:54 PM
3 Sided Square
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imteamme -
imteamme - 

Why do people keep comparing FIGHTING to a normal 9 to 5 desk job

By the way im not defending Rampage. I cant stand Rampage in fact

Im just sick of the stupid comparisons people always seem to make between their normal jobs TO FIGHTING
Are you saying there are no responsibilities in being employed as a fighter? Because that is what he brought up, responsibilities not being a 9-5. Phone Post
6/10/13 5:55 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/10/13 5:57 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax - 
djones -

He talks about it because everyone keeps asking about it Phone Post

Reporters will ask questions... there is no mandate to Rampage that he is required to answer questions about his time in the UFC...... he could say something like "you know that part of my life has passed, I'm now entering a new chapter with Bellator and would prefer to talk about the future"........ no my friend, he is no talking about it because everyone keeps asking, he is talking about it because he feels in some way his words will hurt the UFC when in reality the only thing being hurt is his already shakey image.... whoever said he sounds like an ex GF, hit the nail right on the head

6/10/13 6:00 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei -

VU for the chuckle.

I would get fired from my job if I motorboat my female co g Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 6:02 PM
3 Sided Square

HexRei -
3 Sided Square - 
HexRei -

I was pointing the asininity of picking one element of a completely dissimilar line of work and pretending its applicable, but clearly it went way, way over your head.

Oh shit.... 12'er. Move along, kiddo. Summer break must be almost over now, go study some algebra or something.
Maybe take an intro to logic class at your local community college, I don't think they require any prerequisites in education so you'll be let in.

Being unfit is not one element from an unrelated field, it's a universal application. But it's obvious you will never get it, instead make more analogies. Phone Post
6/10/13 6:04 PM
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a fan of Rampage, but he needs to just stop already. There is nothing more annoying than UFC fighters complaining. There are a lot of arguements that could be made in regards to things that need to get looked at within the UFC for its fighters, but they still have it better than 99% if the rest of the workforce in this country. Every job has its bad points, sadly it seems like fighters now get to the UFC and start acting like something is owed to them. Nobody owes you anything. You make more money in one night than most people do a year. Are there things that need to be looked at? Sure. Is it every going to be perfect? Nope.

I think the question that Rampage needs to be asking himself is not what the UFC hasn't done for him, but looking at what the UFC HAS done for him. There is no way the A Team would have happened if it wasn't for the UFC. He did make MILLIONS with the UFC with training camps in the UK, and Cali. The guy has, or at least has been paid, more money than most people will ever make and he complains about Dana talking sh!t to him? Really? I wish I was in a place I could walk away from millions because my boss said something bad about me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.