UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What would/will you ask DFW jr.

6/11/13 1:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJJHUSH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm attending the Meet & Greet this weekend in Winterpeg and I was just curious...

If you could/have/will ask Dana White anything, what would it be?

***side note*** I posted this on the meet and greet thread but I wanted to hear from the whole UG.
6/11/13 1:27 AM
Soup and Beer
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boxers or briefs?

6/11/13 1:31 AM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing record.

6/11/13 1:33 AM
Vaginal Tear
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Standard toilet paper or moist wipes Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 1:38 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

Boxing record.

ban

bar

6/11/13 1:43 AM
BJJHUSH

Clearly we're a bunch of classy UG'ers lmao
6/11/13 1:45 AM
Chris27

Ask him about the Flyweight div and why the UFC isnt signing more guys.

Montague, Santella, Fun Size, Vila, Pantoja, Campuzano, Tome, Lopes, Mamoru, Sampo, Pettis.

6/11/13 1:46 AM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sarcasm Phoo.

I wouldn`t represent the UG like that.

6/11/13 2:00 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

Sarcasm Phoo.

I wouldn`t represent the UG like that.

phact !

6/11/13 2:05 AM
JimmersonzGlove
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id ask him why he stole my haircut. Phone Post
6/11/13 2:16 AM
BJJHUSH

I would ask him to implement a new way of "cutting" fighters.

Example: Fighter A and Fighter B are both 0-2 or 0-3 or whatever the case may be are on the outs with the organization. Instead of just giving them there walking papers maybe put them in a contract fight Ultimate fighter style.

This is better and beneficial for all parties.

A) Gives each fighter that last chance opportunity to show they belong in the big time.

B) if advertised properly could draw more viewers (EXAMPLE: Justin Lawrence vs. Reuben Duran or Antonio Carvalho vs. Pablo Garza will compete for contract Renewal/extension)

C) by advertising two guys will be fighting to keep their JOB will in my mind bring 85% of the time fireworks.

By bringing that ultimate fighter finale feel to guys who are just on a rough patch in their careers might just spark them to put it all out in the cage for the fans.
I know that fighters should try not to get to this position but hey everyone loses and everyone has their day.

I would also ask him what his stance is on these Boxing/MMA crossover challenges happening as of late (IE. Tyson Fury/Cain Velesquez & Roy Jones jr./Anderson Silva)

those are the first that come to mind.
6/11/13 2:38 AM
bknumber1
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask him why they don't do cross promotion fights like they do in boxing. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 2:44 AM
BJJHUSH

Edited: 06/11/13 2:44 AM
6/11/13 2:45 AM
BJJHUSH

time traveling 12er - 
BJJHUSH - I would ask him to implement a new way of "cutting" fighters.

Example: Fighter A and Fighter B are both 0-2 or 0-3 or whatever the case may be are on the outs with the organization. Instead of just giving them there walking papers maybe put them in a contract fight Ultimate fighter style.

This is better and beneficial for all parties.

A) Gives each fighter that last chance opportunity to show they belong in the big time.

B) if advertised properly could draw more viewers (EXAMPLE: Justin Lawrence vs. Reuben Duran or Antonio Carvalho vs. Pablo Garza will compete for contract Renewal/extension)

C) by advertising two guys will be fighting to keep their JOB will in my mind bring 85% of the time fireworks.

By bringing that ultimate fighter finale feel to guys who are just on a rough patch in their careers might just spark them to put it all out in the cage for the fans.
I know that fighters should try not to get to this position but hey everyone loses and everyone has their day.

I would also ask him what his stance is on these Boxing/MMA crossover challenges happening as of late (IE. Tyson Fury/Cain Velesquez & Roy Jones jr./Anderson Silva)

those are the first that come to mind.

Entertaining but I think cruel. Also if both fighter have a shitty fight, both could deserve getting cut afterwards. If both have awesome fights, both could deserve to stay.

well ya you could always end up in a forrest/bonnar type deal where they both prove themselves.

and to be more detailed...when I say advertised I mean like on here or on other mma/ufc site(s). Not on the posters or commericals
6/11/13 2:46 AM
beerbelly
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why fighters in the largest promotion in the world are expected to fight for 8/8 and how the fighters can pay to train and pay managers and gyms. Phone Post
6/11/13 2:48 AM
BJJHUSH

beerbelly -  Why fighters in the largest promotion in the world are expected to fight for 8/8 and how the fighters can pay to train and pay managers and gyms. Phone Post

agreed
6/11/13 3:11 AM
Vaginal Tear
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beerbelly - Why fighters in the largest promotion in the world are expected to fight for 8/8 and how the fighters can pay to train and pay managers and gyms. Phone Post
By working day jobs until you make it to that next level. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 3:20 AM
beerbelly
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear -
beerbelly - Why fighters in the largest promotion in the world are expected to fight for 8/8 and how the fighters can pay to train and pay managers and gyms. Phone Post
I thought the UFC is the next level. The UfC isn't triple a ball. Phone Post
6/11/13 3:24 AM
Vaginal Tear

beerbelly -
Vaginal Tear -
Do all pro baseball players make Arod money? Being in the big leagues isn't the same as winning regularly in them. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 3:29 AM
BertR

Vaginal Tear - 

That wont allow them to improve in comparison to athletes who do it full time.

Anyways, this question needs to be addressed by a fighters union. Since Zuffa doesn't sufficiently care about looking out for the fighters interests to the point that some are unable to afford to work there as a full-time job, the fighters need to organize and look out for themselves and their interests.
6/11/13 3:30 AM
dubate
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear -
beerbelly -
Vaginal Tear -
Do all pro baseball players make Arod money? Being in the big leagues isn't the same as winning regularly in them. Phone Post 3.0
Or you know fight more than once a year. Phone Post
6/11/13 3:36 AM
dubate
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beerbelly -
Vaginal Tear -
I think the UFC is a lot closer to the PGA. Yes it is the big leagues but just because you are now part of it doesn't guarantee you anything. You have to win if you want to be successful and outside of a couple of phenoms, no one makes good money for their first year or two. Phone Post
6/11/13 3:41 AM
HarmichaelKunt

bknumber1 - Ask him why they don't do cross promotion fights like they do in boxing. Phone Post 3.0
This... Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 4:19 AM
soreshins
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask him how he feels,from a purely business perspective, that two of their biggest western canadian markets have been subject to horrendous card changes which may potentially alienate significant numbers of customers and ask what his strategy is to win back those customers? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 4:27 AM
UGSlapshot

Fuck bugging him with questions he probably doesn't want to answer, honestly I'd probably just say "I love the UFC" and ask for tickets, lol. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.