UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What would/will you ask DFW jr.

6/11/13 4:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
soreshins
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask him how he feels,from a purely business perspective, that two of their biggest western canadian markets have been subject to horrendous card changes which may potentially alienate significant numbers of customers and ask what his strategy is to win back those customers? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 4:27 AM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck bugging him with questions he probably doesn't want to answer, honestly I'd probably just say "I love the UFC" and ask for tickets, lol. Phone Post
6/11/13 5:12 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I can get my money back every time I watch it in a bar & we experience digital break up.
6/11/13 5:45 AM
easedel

If I could have job within the company.
6/11/13 7:37 AM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Ask him about the Flyweight div and why the UFC isnt signing more guys.

Montague, Santella, Fun Size, Vila, Pantoja, Campuzano, Tome, Lopes, Mamoru, Sampo, Pettis.

cause the midgets have been a major cause for decline in mma interest by casual fans.
6/11/13 7:41 AM
Bendo's#1beezy

What's up man? Phone Post
6/11/13 7:46 AM
Elite Hunting

BJJHUSH - I would ask him to implement a new way of "cutting" fighters.

Example: Fighter A and Fighter B are both 0-2 or 0-3 or whatever the case may be are on the outs with the organization. Instead of just giving them there walking papers maybe put them in a contract fight Ultimate fighter style.

This is better and beneficial for all parties.

A) Gives each fighter that last chance opportunity to show they belong in the big time.

B) if advertised properly could draw more viewers (EXAMPLE: Justin Lawrence vs. Reuben Duran or Antonio Carvalho vs. Pablo Garza will compete for contract Renewal/extension)

C) by advertising two guys will be fighting to keep their JOB will in my mind bring 85% of the time fireworks.

By bringing that ultimate fighter finale feel to guys who are just on a rough patch in their careers might just spark them to put it all out in the cage for the fans.
I know that fighters should try not to get to this position but hey everyone loses and everyone has their day.

I would also ask him what his stance is on these Boxing/MMA crossover challenges happening as of late (IE. Tyson Fury/Cain Velesquez & Roy Jones jr./Anderson Silva)

those are the first that come to mind.

Roy Jones Junior is 44 years old and is 7-7 in the last nine years. Why would anyone care about him fighting Anderson Silva?
6/11/13 7:49 AM
tres_equis_666
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 questions:

1) When is the UFC Singapore card happening

And 2) if the UFC Singapore offices open, can he hook me up with a job? Phone Post
6/11/13 7:53 AM
Gnarly219
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJHUSH - I would ask him to implement a new way of "cutting" fighters.

Example: Fighter A and Fighter B are both 0-2 or 0-3 or whatever the case may be are on the outs with the organization. Instead of just giving them there walking papers maybe put them in a contract fight Ultimate fighter style.

This is better and beneficial for all parties.

A) Gives each fighter that last chance opportunity to show they belong in the big time.

B) if advertised properly could draw more viewers (EXAMPLE: Justin Lawrence vs. Reuben Duran or Antonio Carvalho vs. Pablo Garza will compete for contract Renewal/extension)

C) by advertising two guys will be fighting to keep their JOB will in my mind bring 85% of the time fireworks.

By bringing that ultimate fighter finale feel to guys who are just on a rough patch in their careers might just spark them to put it all out in the cage for the fans.
I know that fighters should try not to get to this position but hey everyone loses and everyone has their day.

I would also ask him what his stance is on these Boxing/MMA crossover challenges happening as of late (IE. Tyson Fury/Cain Velesquez & Roy Jones jr./Anderson Silva)

those are the first that come to mind.
Houston Alexander vs Kimbo Slice. With that kind of structure, they would have been obligated to keep one, rather than cut both. Phone Post
6/11/13 8:00 AM
part_time_lurker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When are you going to finally bring the UFC to Seoul? Hell, the military stationed here would fill half the venue...
6/11/13 8:01 AM
Lex_o

DAD??? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 8:33 AM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BertR -
Vaginal Tear - 
beerbelly - Why fighters in the largest promotion in the world are expected to fight for 8/8 and how the fighters can pay to train and pay managers and gyms. Phone Post
By working day jobs until you make it to that next level. Phone Post 3.0

That wont allow them to improve in comparison to athletes who do it full time.

Anyways, this question needs to be addressed by a fighters union. Since Zuffa doesn't sufficiently care about looking out for the fighters interests to the point that some are unable to afford to work there as a full-time job, the fighters need to organize and look out for themselves and their interests.
Greeeeeeeeat. Create a fighters union. Make fighters pay dues.
Allow union to fight for things they don't need
The top level ufc guys won't join the union, why bother take a pay cut for nothing
Everyone gets mad
Nothing changes

You guys need to realize that the ufc is entertainment. You get paid for how good you are and how much revenue you'll bring in, that's why GSP and Anderson make so much cash.
The new guys who make 8/8 don't have the name yet, but they get to put UFC fighter on the resume and can charge more for training sessions and can look for sponsors that would have ignored them in the first place Phone Post
6/11/13 8:50 AM
TheFatalBlow
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear - Standard toilet paper or moist wipes Phone Post 3.0
Bidet IMO Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:23 AM
Ip Man 81

CLINTK9 -
Chris27 - Ask him about the Flyweight div and why the UFC isnt signing more guys.

Montague, Santella, Fun Size, Vila, Pantoja, Campuzano, Tome, Lopes, Mamoru, Sampo, Pettis.

cause the midgets have been a major cause for decline in mma interest by casual fans.
I bet 99% of those "midgets" would beat your ass silly. It would be like bully beat down but worse." Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 11:16 AM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would ask him if I can replace Burt Watson once he retires. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 11:23 AM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You said UFC on FS1 would be the "biggest free card we've ever done."  Yet, in the end, you ended up putting a fight that wasn't even a consideration until an injury at UFC 161 as the main event.  What were the original plans?

6/11/13 11:28 AM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a job Id love to pay my medical debt off with. Phone Post
6/11/13 11:36 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he ever really think he would Tito in a ring?

Come on, seriously, in all truth.

Tito is f'n huge in real life, and is a former champ.

I mean, even in boxing, surely he knew he would've got the beats?

6/11/13 11:53 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum

They will ask for free tickets.

6/11/13 12:00 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/11/13 12:01 PM

Ask him if fighters are allowed to make their pay public, why do they wait until they are gone before releasing it?

i.e. Fitch, McCorkle

6/11/13 12:28 PM
dubate
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide -

Ask him if fighters are allowed to make their pay public, why do they wait until they are gone before releasing it?

i.e. Fitch, McCorkle

UncleCreepy & GSP have both disclosed their salaries. Phone Post
6/11/13 12:34 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask him if he will go out to dinner with you and Wanderlie
6/11/13 12:43 PM
TheOneDylanThomas

For a dinner with him and Wanderlei.
6/11/13 1:29 PM
Danny Tanner
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a lot of big questions that would be nice to get answers to, but this is not the venue for it. He's taking time out of his schedule to do a non publicized fan service. We're representing our city so I hope everyone is respectful. All it takes is for one person to be a dick to make things like this disappear for other cities.
6/25/13 2:00 PM
Vaginal Tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJHUSH - I'm attending the Meet & Greet this weekend in Winterpeg and I was just curious...

If you could/have/will ask Dana White anything, what would it be?

***side note*** I posted this on the meet and greet thread but I wanted to hear from the whole UG.
Well? What happened? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.