UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort TRT-I have a God that turns bad into good

6/11/13 1:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Vitor Belfort opened up to MMAJunkie's John Morgan about his use of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).

"The TRT is my private life, but it's become public, and it's now a big, big thing," said Belfort. "I believe that all the good things I'm doing, people kind of forget it and have a tendency to not pay attention or give credit for the way I'm winning fights, the way I'm working, the way I'm being an example for my Blackzilian teammates. I'm putting in the hard work, and I'm not done yet."

"So basically what TRT is for me is to not be at a disadvantage. People talk like it's a cheating process, but it's the opposite. Low testosterone is something that can cause serious health problems and even death. You can have problems, big problems, if it's untreated. So the treatment is for you to live longer and have a better life by having less health problems.

"People think TRT is about increased sex drive or performance-enhancement. It's not that. It's about life... It's just for me to have better health, a better life."

"For the fight with Rockhold, I did seven blood tests. I did one every week. I have records of all of them. Some of the results are even lower than they should be, and the doctor said, 'You should probably increase,' and I said, 'No, I don't want to get to a level that's bad for me.'

"I just want people to know that I have a conscience, and I wanted to have something, a record, that for the rest of my life people can know I was doing something right. I don't ever want to cheat."

"We live in a world where some people can't accept men with integrity succeeding. Just so people understand, taking testosterone doesn't give you an edge for any reason. If you take too much, it's actually going to mess up your system bad and cause the absolute opposite effects. People have a tendency to interpret things wrong. I understand that it's cheating when you do something that's not legal, but this isn't illegal.

"I believe the credit of my performance belongs to my work ethic. It's my will. It's the coaches that invest their time in me. It's my team. They sacrifice everything along with me. So it's a journey. It's the UFC. I encourage reporters to study my life, study my work ethic and what I've been doing a long time. Now I'm just maintaining that."

It is widely believed that Belfort needs TRT because of previous abuse of Performance Enhancing Drugs. Belfort was suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in 2006, after testing positive for anabolic steroids.

Belfort however says he is not a doctor, and remains uncertain.

"It's hard to describe the reason I need TRT," said Belfort. "I mean why does your body generate cancer? You eat properly, you do everything right, and you still generate cancer. I have an uncle who drinks a liter of whiskey a day, and he's 97 years old. So now you think if everybody drinks a liter of whiskey per day, they're going to live forever? No.

"Everybody is different. It's hard to tell, and I'm definitely not a doctor. Some things you're not sure exactly why they're the way they are, but you have to address it."

"I had something bad happen, but I have a God that turns bad into good. I am a perfect example of that – the way I was raised, the way things happened. So that's Vitor Belfort: turning bad things into good."

Read entire article...

6/11/13 1:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
who RAPED public
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can we get a frat Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 1:47 PM
Sid22

yeah.. if he hadnt been popped numerous times in the past for steroids I would be more inclined to take his side in this argument...But u cant bulshit a bulshitter and Vitor my friend u are cheater...but to be fair hes not the only one doing it, the sport needs a change
6/11/13 1:56 PM
Carl Sonnen

Edited: 06/11/13 1:56 PM
What I don't get is, if Jebus is so great, then why does he need 'roids? Anyway, I love this crazy bastard, so who cares if he wants to mainline test.

"My bawdie is ready!"
norcal3737

If he truly got tested 7 times and was within the legal limit...and has proof like he says, then I'm ok with that.

That's more than what others can say that are on trt or using.. Phone Post
FanDivide
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah.. if he hadnt been popped numerous times in the past for steroids I would be more inclined to take his side in this argument...But u cant bulshit a bulshitter and Vitor my friend u are cheater...but to be fair hes not the only one doing it, the sport needs a change Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 1:58 PM
Gerbacio
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sid22 - yeah.. if he hadnt been popped numerous times in the past for steroids I would be more inclined to take his side in this argument...But u cant bulshit a bulshitter and Vitor my friend u are cheater...but to be fair hes not the only one doing it, the sport needs a change

6/11/13 1:59 PM
Barbalos

Good article. Trying to explain anything about TRT to the UG is pointless, but hopefully some people who aren't totally clueless will read this.
6/11/13 2:00 PM
Barbalos

This article is not about God or religion. Please keep your silly anti religious bullshit out of here, thank you.
6/11/13 2:00 PM
disbeliever
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
norcal3737 -  If he truly got tested 7 times and was within the legal limit...and has proof like he says, then I'm ok with that.

That's more than what others can say that are on trt or using.. Phone Post

7 blood tests are a lot, and prove he wasn't abusing the TRT during camp
6/11/13 2:02 PM
Gerbacio
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i honestly think that people should be allowed to do TRT ....but that 4:1 thing is bullshit 

i honestly dont understand it too well and it sounded when someone explained it to me thats 4 time the testosterone levels to epi...

is there a normal ground of 1:1 ??? that would sound fair!  but 4 times....thats brutal!

6/11/13 2:07 PM
colubrid1

I am 54 years old. Back in the 60's when I was in elementary school I got popped by the school for bring vitamins to school (Vit C, E, D, calcium, and B). they called my parents and told them I should be getting my vitamins from a balanced diet and not from vitamin pills.

Vit C is a natural substance in the body much like testosterone. in small level doses to bring a person up to normal levels keeps one healthy and active. It also WILL be taken by your grandchildren because it does prolong life and makes for better quality life.

much like Vit C.

6/11/13 2:11 PM
Barbalos

Tons of athletes have juiced in the past, and TRT is going to become more common, I guarantee it, as those athletes age. It's such bullshit to single out Vitor, who is actually following the rules now, when everyone inside the scene knows that illegal PED use is extremely common. Anyone who comments on this says the same thing, PEDs are everywhere. Get over it, it ain't going away.
6/11/13 2:12 PM
Vikingknee
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gerbacio -

i honestly think that people should be allowed to do TRT ....but that 4:1 thing is bullshit 

i honestly dont understand it too well and it sounded when someone explained it to me thats 4 time the testosterone levels to epi...

is there a normal ground of 1:1 ??? that would sound fair!  but 4 times....thats brutal!

Educate yourself. Your knowledge level is brutal to my brain. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 2:13 PM
Garv
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban April 1st, Please!

He stole Jon Hess's soul and SAFTA.

6/11/13 2:22 PM
Il Duce
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Normal levels of testosterone don't make you a savage killer. I think the hate he gets is in excess and the credit he deserves is too easily diminished. He's putting way more info out there than anybody else with a TUE.

The level of drive and focus in Vitor right now doesn't all come from hormones. That man is on a righteous quest to go out with a bang and reach his true potential. I have respect for the guy and will sit back and fully enjoy the devastation he brings as a master of martial arts. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 2:26 PM
OmaGogo

I'm not sure why he is using it if it is not giving him an advantage. If weight cutting were not advantageous, why would people do that?
6/11/13 2:33 PM
mark22
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This man should never speak. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 2:45 PM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God sure turns genocidal dictators and starving African children into good... Oh wait I forgot punching people matters more to god
6/11/13 2:49 PM
solidsnake
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talk eh to deh hann
6/11/13 3:00 PM
cecils_pupils

Sid22 - yeah.. if he hadnt been popped numerous times in the past for steroids I would be more inclined to take his side in this argument...But u cant bulshit a bulshitter and Vitor my friend u are cheater...but to be fair hes not the only one doing it, the sport needs a change

THIS x 5
6/11/13 3:06 PM
cecils_pupils

If we all had a god that turns our bad into good we'd be as good as Vitor.

I'm so jealous that he is blessed in a way that none of us will ever understand.
6/11/13 3:14 PM
OGT
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Its hard to describe the reason I need TRT"

This is what pisses me off the most about Vitor and I am unable to warm up to him until he admits he is taking this shit bc he has wrecked his body from roids.

The whole God has my back ideology is pretty annoying as well but I'd expect nothing less from Vitor. Phone Post
6/11/13 4:28 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish he'd just stop talking about it... Phone Post
6/11/13 4:28 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.