UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I told someone I like UFC and they said...

6/11/13 9:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Clown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Is Baptista still in it?"

???????????????????????????????

6/11/13 9:20 PM
UGCTT_Clown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any other weird/strange/confusing comments from people when you mention MMA/UFC?

6/11/13 9:21 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just beat Brock Lesnar and is defending his title against Chuck Liddell. You obviously don't know UFC Phone Post
6/11/13 9:26 PM
UGCTT_Clown

"You know it's fake, right?"

is another one I remember hearing

6/11/13 9:29 PM
UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson silva is fighting brock lesnar who will face the winner of Baptista vs Kimbo

6/11/13 9:41 PM
UGCTT_Song2
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well he posed a legit question.

Ttt for answers, when is batista fighting next? Phone Post
6/11/13 9:45 PM
LastRowCarl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Clown -

Seeing as baptista tranes mma, ownes a gracie franchise and had a mma fight in 2012, its not a crazy question Phone Post
6/11/13 10:02 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LastRowCarl - 
UGCTT_Clown -

Seeing as baptista tranes mma, ownes a gracie franchise and had a mma fight in 2012, its not a crazy question Phone Post

Did you give share your ufc knowledge with him op?
6/11/13 10:13 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at a party last Saturday where five people not only knew what MMA was. But knew other organizations besides the UFC and had legit favorite fighters and compelling arguments for why that fighter was their favorite. I was flabbergasted. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:16 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
We have a long way to go.
6/11/13 10:20 PM
Augustus Caesar
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was watching the Scott Jorgensen vs. Urijah Faber fight and some guy at the bar yells out "lets go Dan Hardy, You got this!"

6/11/13 10:20 PM
GenericAmerican
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen people watch an entire UFC event and still think it was fake/WWE.
6/11/13 10:21 PM
MMALOGIC

"is that where they fight to the death?"

me: except for BJ Penn, yes.
6/11/13 10:22 PM
UGCTT_Song2
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - I was at a party last Saturday where five people not only knew what MMA was. But knew other organizations besides the UFC and had legit favorite fighters and compelling arguments for why that fighter was their favorite. I was flabbergasted. Phone Post 3.0
Dude I bumped into a random middle aged black guy at the bar in bww once and we talked about a bunch of shit mma related. It was awesome discussing past fights and how it was gonna go etc. I think I mentioned the ug but he said he doesnt post message boards.

Hell he was probably more suprised I was into mma. I was only wearing my tapout shorts and pride gloves Phone Post
6/11/13 10:24 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"So what division is De La Hoya fighting in?" - drunk guy at the bar. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:27 PM
stevekt
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/11/13 10:27 PM
Some guy told me he used to be a fighter but his girl wouldn't except his fighter life$tyle.
6/12/13 1:20 AM
Shoguns Shorts
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm from Wisconsin and I was telling one of my coworkers that I was pumped about the UFC coming back to Milwaukee. He then began to tell me that there was just a UFC event in his hometown (which is near Milwaukee) last month. After trying to explain the difference between MMA and the UFC and him arguing back, I asked him who fought at the event. He said "The Iceman, Brock Lesnar... or what ever his name is. I'm not good with names" Phone Post
6/12/13 1:30 AM
Bench
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - I was at a party last Saturday where five people not only knew what MMA was. But knew other organizations besides the UFC and had legit favorite fighters and compelling arguments for why that fighter was their favorite. I was flabbergasted. Phone Post 3.0
I was talking to a guy the other day that referred to it as MMA, was pleasantly surprised he didn't call it "UFC" or "cage fighting" etc. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 1:34 AM
Phisher

UGCTT_Clown - 

"You know it's fake, right?"

is another one I remember hearing

I've heard this a few times from people who think that it's an updated version of pro wrestling.

6/12/13 1:50 AM
HolyHackZack
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wish I could say 'I like MMA' and have people understand me. Usually I need to position 'I like MMA. Like UFC type cage fighting. Mixed martial arts.' And maybe they'll get it, or maybe they'll just look puzzled. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 1:57 AM
KZTT_W85
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legit question IMO.

Did you tell him Lex Luger defeated doink the clown while Yokozuna defeated razor Ramon.

Now Yokozuna and lex Luger are fighting to determine baptistas next opponent. Phone Post
6/12/13 2:03 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:( Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 2:06 AM
RearNakedToke
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LastRowCarl -
UGCTT_Clown -

Crazy you mention this but I was talking to some guys at Graciefighter about Baptista and I was told that his gym in Tampa closed down. I guess it was losing money. Nobody mentioned him training anywhere they knew of. He's pretty old with a lot of miles on that body. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 2:20 AM
Wicked smahtMF

so they were ghey then?
6/12/13 2:23 AM
Wicked smahtMF

"why cant we all just get along man?"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.