UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz will fight again!

6/11/13 9:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately by the time he returns the sport will have passed him by. So much waste in talent! Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 9:52 PM
Rudi

Lol Phone Post
6/11/13 9:53 PM
Wicked smahtMF

yut yut
6/11/13 10:06 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't be back as long as point fighters reign. Why get loss after loss and tarnish everything you've worked for because the rules favor your opponent?

Just my 2 cents. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:09 PM
Ip Man 81

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - He won't be back as long as point fighters reign. Why get loss after loss and tarnish everything you've worked for because the rules favor your opponent?

If he fought smarter that would make a HUGE difference. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:09 PM
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - He won't be back as long as point fighters reign. Why get loss after loss and tarnish everything you've worked for because the rules favor your opponent?

You don't blame Nick for changing his tactics *at all*?! He can study his opponents as well... Phone Post
6/11/13 10:13 PM
dubate
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin -

You don't blame Nick for changing his tactics *at all*?! He can study his opponents as well... Phone Post
I agree that he needs to change it up a bit but what in the catalog of Condit's fight history would have helped him or prepared him? Phone Post
6/11/13 10:18 PM
Ip Man 81

dubate -
Willin -

I agree that he needs to change it up a bit but what in the catalog of Condit's fight history would have helped him or prepared him? Phone Post
Switch is up with more TDs. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:19 PM
LittleC
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick trains for a sport that doesnt exist anymore. He trains for a fight and I can see why he is unmotivated to train anymore.
6/11/13 10:19 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
He should fucking evolve and get to the level that the sport is now. He can't just walk forward and expect every guy to stand there with his hands down and eat his punches. GSP didn't even point fight him, he outboxed him and out grappled him, Nick did nothing, and the fight wasn't even close. If anybody point-fought it was Nick. He even admitted after the Condit fight that he was coasting in the last round because he thought he was winning the fight. That's the definition of point fighting to me. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:24 PM
MMALOGIC

he'll fight again once his "friends" burn through his money.
6/11/13 10:27 PM
dubate
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Willin -

What? Condit had never fought anyone the way he fought Diaz so what you just gave me was a post fight observation. While that doesn't make it false, it doesn't answer the question of how would he have prepared for Carlos differently from studying Condit's film. Phone Post
6/11/13 10:36 PM
Ip Man 81

dubate -
Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Willin -

What? Condit had never fought anyone the way he fought Diaz so what you just gave me was a post fight observation. While that doesn't make it false, it doesn't answer the question of how would he have prepared for Carlos differently from studying Condit's film. Phone Post
I would think switching it up with TDs against most strikers would help your ability to land shots and hurt your opponents ability to land shots due to the worries about the takedown. If you watch some of Condits fights your can see he's a pretty good striker, so lets disrupt that a bit and make him think about the TD. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:37 PM
ABE FROMAN

That money says he'll be back within a year. Guaranteed.

6/11/13 10:37 PM
Ip Man 81

MMALOGIC - he'll fight again once his "friends" burn through his money.
For sure Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 10:52 PM
dubate

willienugget - Dubate you have a good point. Nothing Condit had ever done gave any indication that he would be so elusive. He is pretty stubborn though and has no answers when his plan fails.

He didn't have much of a plan against GSP and when it failed, he did absolutely nothing that would indicate he had any shot at finishing Georges. And he knew exactly what GSP was going to do to him.
I don't count the GSP fight because the welterweight division is littered with people that Georges stymied.
He had ring rust with Condit and it showed it was his most exciting fight since probably Hughes.

The only thing Diaz needs to work on is his clinch game. If he can improve his clinch and get some takedowns off of that it will really help him out. If you don't have a wrestling background, shooting for singles and doubles is a bad idea since you tend to telegraph them and will end up eating short knees and uppercuts for your trouble.

People act like all Diaz wants to do is stand up and bang. He got that way because no one wants to go to the ground with him. GSP took him down but never really tried to advance position because he didn't want to get into a BJJ match (too much risk). So he was content to hold him down and pepper him with shots. That was smart and anyone who seen Georges fight could see that coming. However he is the lone person in the division that can do that.

So what you have now is an elite fighter who no one wants to stand and trade with or go to the ground with. This leads to some very boring fights that mainly consist of people kicking his leg throwing a jab or a 1-2 and backing up. I can see where his frustration comes from so hopefully he's using this time off to work on his clinch/judo throws. Phone Post
6/11/13 10:55 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't 'change up his game' (wrestle) because he's an endurance athlete that refuses to switch up the endurance aspects of his training in lieu of power lifting so that he can be a better wrestler. That's why Jiu Jitsu is his thing, because for the most part it negates wrestling in a real life situation. In the cage with rounds, the wrestling negates the JJ. 

Let the dude live and train the way he wants. If he's not into fighting any more, then so be it. He's a non-conformist, plain and simple. His 'haters' are more disgruntled about him retiring than his fans. 

It's better to burn out than fade away.

6/11/13 11:09 PM
MeLurkingLongTime
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh! Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 11:13 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye

MasterofMartialArts - 

LOL
He should fucking evolve and get to the level that the sport is now. He can't just walk forward and expect every guy to stand there with his hands down and eat his punches. GSP didn't even point fight him, he outboxed him and out grappled him, Nick did nothing, and the fight wasn't even close. If anybody point-fought it was Nick. He even admitted after the Condit fight that he was coasting in the last round because he thought he was winning the fight. That's the definition of point fighting to me. Phone Post 3.0

So are you saying that Nicks a point fighter because of what he said after the Condit fight? Sorry but I've watched his fights and he doesn't look much like a staller to me.

By the way, can you link us that vid of GSP saying that he was 'coasting in the last round' after his fight with Condit? 

Oh wait...he never said that. He only says "I will beat him like you've never seen" and "I will finish him".

wolf tickets

6/11/13 11:21 PM
Ip Man 81

Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Willin -

I would think switching it up with TDs against most strikers would help your ability to land shots and hurt your opponents ability to land shots due to the worries about the takedown. If you watch some of Condits fights your can see he's a pretty good striker, so lets disrupt that a bit and make him think about the TD. Phone Post 3.0
How bout that post fight observation? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 11:38 PM
lilhef517

Ip Man 81 -

I used to be a nick diaz fan until he wanted to bitch and moan rather than adapt to the new era of mma Phone Post
6/11/13 11:56 PM
dubate

Ip Man 81 -
Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Willin -

How bout that post fight observation? Phone Post 3.0
Well, the opponents are worried about going to the ground with Diaz, so I'm not sure too much would change on that front.
I'm sure Diaz did watch almost all of Carlos's WEC/UFC fights and saw that he was a good striker. However, Nick didn't care because he felt he was better.
But that's not what Carlos did, he stayed out of range for most of the fight so Diaz couldn't look for a takedown anyways. Condit kicked his legs threw a 1-2, reset and did it again. I don't want to get started on an argument about the strategy, I will just say that nothing in Condit's history suggested that he would ever do that so watching film wouldn't have been any help. Phone Post
6/11/13 11:58 PM
Ip Man 81

CanadianGSPFan -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -
MasterofMartialArts - 

LOL

So are you saying that Nicks a point fighter because of what he said after the Condit fight? Sorry but I've watched his fights and he doesn't look much like a staller to me.

By the way, can you link us that vid of GSP saying that he was 'coasting in the last round' after his fight with Condit? 

Oh wait...he never said that. He only says "I will beat him like you've never seen" and "I will finish him".

wolf tickets

Bro, he was sick. GSP was absolutely prepared to put the worst beating on Nick that anyone has ever seen, but the flu bug had other intentions.

I am 100% confident that GSP would TKO or SUB Nick in a rematch. Phone Post
SUB NICK....LOL! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 12:00 AM
Ip Man 81

lilhef517 -
Ip Man 81 -

I used to be a nick diaz fan until he wanted to bitch and moan rather than adapt to the new era of mma Phone Post
Exactly....won't lie I'm still a fan, just not a die hard like Liddell, Franklin or Hughes. If he didn't complain so much id be a much bigger fan Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 12:05 AM
dubate

Ip Man 81 -
CanadianGSPFan -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -
MasterofMartialArts - 

LOL

wolf tickets

Bro, he was sick. GSP was absolutely prepared to put the worst beating on Nick that anyone has ever seen, but the flu bug had other intentions.

I am 100% confident that GSP would TKO or SUB Nick in a rematch. Phone Post
SUB NICK....LOL! Phone Post 3.0
Jesus Christ people let's not get carried away. Georges is a hundred times the wrestler that Nick is, he apparently has better footwork when it comes to boxing and can get his jab off at a faster clip. However, you are a fucking moron if you think for one second the GSP could submit Diaz. That is all. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.