UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Diaz will fight again!

6/12/13 12:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate -
Ip Man 81 -
Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Ip Man 81 -
dubate -
Willin -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - He won't be back as long as point fighters reign. Why get loss after loss and tarnish everything you've worked for because the rules favor your opponent?

Just my 2 cents. Phone Post 3.0
You don't blame Nick for changing his tactics *at all*?! He can study his opponents as well... Phone Post
I agree that he needs to change it up a bit but what in the catalog of Condit's fight history would have helped him or prepared him? Phone Post
Switch is up with more TDs. Phone Post 3.0
What? Condit had never fought anyone the way he fought Diaz so what you just gave me was a post fight observation. While that doesn't make it false, it doesn't answer the question of how would he have prepared for Carlos differently from studying Condit's film. Phone Post
I would think switching it up with TDs against most strikers would help your ability to land shots and hurt your opponents ability to land shots due to the worries about the takedown. If you watch some of Condits fights your can see he's a pretty good striker, so lets disrupt that a bit and make him think about the TD. Phone Post 3.0
How bout that post fight observation? Phone Post 3.0
Well, the opponents are worried about going to the ground with Diaz, so I'm not sure too much would change on that front.
I'm sure Diaz did watch almost all of Carlos's WEC/UFC fights and saw that he was a good striker. However, Nick didn't care because he felt he was better.
But that's not what Carlos did, he stayed out of range for most of the fight so Diaz couldn't look for a takedown anyways. Condit kicked his legs threw a 1-2, reset and did it again. I don't want to get started on an argument about the strategy, I will just say that nothing in Condit's history suggested that he would ever do that so watching film wouldn't have been any help. Phone Post
Have to disagree a bit. Yes he fought different which I'm sure threw Nick off. However Nick could have come up with a better game plan based off of past fights. Condit is a striker, Diaz could have been more effective had he put him on his back a few times. Based on his past fights you see he's a striker, well put a striker on his back and see what happens. ESPECIALLY with Nicks awesome ground game. Still Condit being elusive would have thrown him off but he could have mixed it up more with the TDs knowing he's a striker based on previous fights Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 10:05 AM
Ip Man 81

willienugget - Nick felt he was winning so there's no reason to change strategy vs Condit. Against GSP he knew damn well he was losing and made no effort to change.
He probably thought he was winning the GSP fight too Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 10:12 AM
Chris27

I dont get it, he is at the height of his popularity and still can compete, isnt hurt and isnt suspended. I'd be fighting as much as possible while I still could and while the UFC is willing to pay me.

There will come a point in time when he cant compete and fans might not care about him as much as before, fight and make that money while you still can.

WHere else is he gonna make 6-7 figure paydays? I get he is pissed he lost back to back title fights and probably wont get another title shot again or atleast for a few years but you can only make that money for a certain period of time.

He isnt hurt and isnt suspended, why not take the Condit rematch and make some money? Doing the WarMMA thing is cool when you are done fighting but right now is the time to make that cash and he is letting that time slip away.
6/12/13 10:27 AM
Ip Man 81

Chris27 - I dont get it, he is at the height of his popularity and still can compete, isnt hurt and isnt suspended. I'd be fighting as much as possible while I still could and while the UFC is willing to pay me.

There will come a point in time when he cant compete and fans might not care about him as much as before, fight and make that money while you still can.

WHere else is he gonna make 6-7 figure paydays? I get he is pissed he lost back to back title fights and probably wont get another title shot again or atleast for a few years but you can only make that money for a certain period of time.

He isnt hurt and isnt suspended, why not take the Condit rematch and make some money? Doing the WarMMA thing is cool when you are done fighting but right now is the time to make that cash and he is letting that time slip away.
Yup he's blowin it, BIG time. One of the best, most real fighters in the UFC and instead of fighting and making butt loads if money he goes pouts in his corner, and starts his own promotion.

What he needs to do is leave his trainer, fire his special needs lawyer who backs him on all this crap, find a camp,
new trainer, and basically start over. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 10:33 AM
Ip Man 81

Zed Wayne Zed - I could care less if people want to talk trash about the guy, I NEVER miss a Nick Diaz fight.

The entire spectacle, from interviews, to weigh-in, to his awesome fighting style, to the post-fight presser, I'll be be buying or tuning in for them all.

Love this guy.

I am nuts as well, so I enjoy when fellow nutjobs get some cash and exposure. :)
That's the problem, at this point your NEVER gunna see that stuff again. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 12:00 PM
MasterofMartialArts
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPushedInMyStinkEye -
MasterofMartialArts - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - He won't be back as long as point fighters reign. Why get loss after loss and tarnish everything you've worked for because the rules favor your opponent?

LOL
He should fucking evolve and get to the level that the sport is now. He can't just walk forward and expect every guy to stand there with his hands down and eat his punches. GSP didn't even point fight him, he outboxed him and out grappled him, Nick did nothing, and the fight wasn't even close. If anybody point-fought it was Nick. He even admitted after the Condit fight that he was coasting in the last round because he thought he was winning the fight. That's the definition of point fighting to me. Phone Post 3.0

So are you saying that Nicks a point fighter because of what he said after the Condit fight? Sorry but I've watched his fights and he doesn't look much like a staller to me.

By the way, can you link us that vid of GSP saying that he was 'coasting in the last round' after his fight with Condit? 

Oh wait...he never said that. He only says "I will beat him like you've never seen" and "I will finish him".

wolf tickets

I can't find it at the moment but I will eventually, but it was talked about here on numerous threads that he said after the fight he said that he felt he was winning so he wasn't really worried about finishing. The "I will finish him" and other comments came before the fight. Nick is a staller whenever the fight doesn't go where he wants it to go, if he can't get somebody against the cage with their hands down, then he just gets frustrated and stands there doing nothing. He did it in the Condit fight, and the GSP fight. Diaz fans know it too. He was getting lit up by Cyborg before he gassed, and should have been finished by Daley (Diaz wasn't defending at all, the second Daley gets dropped, they stopped the fight). Sure his fights have action, as long as the fight goes where he wants it to go. If they don't, he stands there throwing up his hands like an idiot and gives his opponent the middle finger. Then he complains after the fight how he was held down for three rounds, or his opponent was "running away", and how he fucking quits and retires, blah blah blah. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 12:01 PM
MasterofMartialArts
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In come the vote downs... Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 1:24 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -

If he fought smarter that would make a HUGE difference. Phone Post 3.0
Or at least not expect fighters to fight him the way he wants them to Phone Post
6/12/13 1:34 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - In come the vote downs... Phone Post 3.0
I won't be vindictive and vote you down for stating your opinion like what happens to me all the time here on the UG.

In fact, I'll vote you up. Kill em with kindness I always says! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 1:35 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll vote up CanadianGSPFan too....his comments tickle my funny bone! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:08 PM
Ip Man 81

CanadianGSPFan -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - I'll vote up CanadianGSPFan too....his comments tickle my funny bone! Phone Post 3.0
Thanks, bro. I'll make sure to vote you up tomorrow. Phone Post
You two should go blow each other too Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:22 PM
MasterofMartialArts

CanadianGSPFan -
MasterofMartialArts - In come the vote downs... Phone Post 3.0
Voted up Phone Post
Vote returned Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:22 PM
MasterofMartialArts

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - I'll vote up CanadianGSPFan too....his comments tickle my funny bone! Phone Post 3.0
Ill be back tomorrow to vote you up. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:57 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye

Ip Man 81 -
CanadianGSPFan -
Thanks, bro. I'll make sure to vote you up tomorrow. Phone Post
You two should go blow each other too Phone Post 3.0
Well pilgrim, only after ya eat the peanuts outta my shit. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.