UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fight Master Extended Preview with Full Fight

6/12/13 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11 minute Preview with 1 fight

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/x3g2tr/fight-master-bellator-mma-sneak-peek-what-it-takes-to-win

On Spikes Website
6/12/13 3:16 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
6/12/13 3:31 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks like shit.
6/12/13 4:13 PM
warrendale

I liked they four of them commentating together. Hate Jackson's voice but it was still enjoyable. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 5:05 PM
liquidrob

MMALOGIC - looks like shit.

Awesome
6/12/13 5:10 PM
MM-eh
797 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh - Canada's #1 MMA News Source, Head Honcho
liquidrob - 11 minute Preview with 1 fight

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/x3g2tr/fight-master-bellator-mma-sneak-peek-what-it-takes-to-win

On Spikes Website

6/12/13 5:17 PM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're allowed to use footage / photos of the UFC?

I'll watch the show, free MMA, and good coaches.

6/12/13 5:20 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

They showed a WEC photo, and it was likely owned by some news site. Phone Post
6/12/13 5:33 PM
NomoRomophobia
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good KO.
Ben Fowlkes will be happy!
I will watch. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 5:48 PM
RicGillespie

Not trying to be a hater but it just looks like a clone of TUF with 4 coaches instead of 2 + DFW. Not exactly anything ground breaking and the lure of TUF ran out a long time ago for me. Plus it's a bit of an insult to my intelligence to call them 4 legendary coaches.
6/12/13 8:17 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems interesting 

6/12/13 8:23 PM
Chris27

What I dont get is how they pick the fight order?

Cause all coaches have to have 4 guys right? So what if the first 4 pick Randy? Then he is off limits. So the last guy to fight in the prelims will end up not being able to pick his coach and he gets stuck with whoever has the last spot open.

Right? Cause they cant have Randy with 10 guys, Jacskon with 4, Shammy with 2 and Warren with none, it has to be 4 each.

So do the do a random pick to see who gets to fight in what order?
6/12/13 9:37 PM
zebers3
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a questions. If the fights count as pro fights, how are they getting away with not reporting it to the commission? Isn't that why the UFC called them exhibition bouts, so that the results would not be spoiled? Otherwise, I'm sure that win would be counted on Tim Welch's record right now but it isn't on there, not yet at least.

Also, they shouldn't tout it as all of the fighters getting to choose their coaches. Once everyone migrates to Randy and Greg, nobody will be allowed to choose them and will be stuck with Shamrock and Warren. And some will have no choice at all, unless the producers told them who to pick so it seems more even.
6/12/13 10:09 PM
Chris27

MMfan2013 - 

This guy ^ is so obviously a paid Zuffa shill it's not funny.

Plus everyone knows if you spew anti-Zuffa stuff here or literally speak the truth about them you get frozen or banned lol.

This show looks 10 X better than TUF, totally different spin on it and I like how Bjorn isn't a focus like DFW is in TUF--

Can you explain how it looks 10x better than TUF? Totally different spin?

Its a lower version of TUF but with 4 coaches and the fighters can pick the coach. Thats it, thats how its different, but its 10x better than TUF?

ok Bjorn.
6/12/13 10:15 PM
liquidrob

Frank is a great coach, he basically coached the Lions Den during there run, he kicked off AKA into a MMA gym, trained Mo when he was champ, etc...

When Frank has to coach, he can
6/12/13 11:32 PM
12SixElbow
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
MMfan2013 - 

Plus everyone knows if you spew anti-Zuffa stuff here or literally speak the truth about them you get frozen or banned lol.

This show looks 10 X better than TUF, totally different spin on it and I like how Bjorn isn't a focus like DFW is in TUF--

Can you explain how it looks 10x better than TUF? Totally different spin?

Its a lower version of TUF but with 4 coaches and the fighters can pick the coach. Thats it, thats how its different, but its 10x better than TUF?

ok Bjorn.

How is it a lower version?

They're pretty equal IMO.

6/13/13 2:32 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks better than I expected. I'll watch the first episode.

6/13/13 3:39 AM
JCON
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be watching. Excited for this Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 9:01 AM
Brown Balloon Knot
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will check out later Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 9:07 AM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

Looks better than I expected. I'll watch the first episode.

^THIS

and thanks for the extra info DantheWolfman

6/13/13 9:13 AM
epwar
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait...so the guy who has been calling Bellator by the name Bella-shit thinks it looks bad?  Seriously, MMALOGIC, your bias might be showing just a bit.

6/13/13 9:37 AM
zebers3
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the moral of the story is, no matter how good it is, we're all going to watch it. Whether it's people claiming it's way better than TUF or people claiming it's an embarrassing knock off.

Regardless, at the end of the day it's free fights. So I'm down.
6/13/13 10:29 AM
Rhetorical
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked about everything I seen here. From the opening quote of, "Championship bouts are earned, not given.", it kinda hooked me. I loved really getting to hear the coaches comment during the entire fight which TUF only does here and there when they feel the coaches have something interesting to say. The fighters getting to choose a coach is very cool. How many times have we seen in TUF where the fighters are upset they got so and so coach instead of the one they wanted. At least here they will have a chance at the coach they want until the roster is filled.

I'll continue watching TUF but I'm definitely going to be watching this. It seems like all the things that frustrate us about the UFC, Bellator is trying to capitalize on such as these bogus championship gifts (Sonnen vs. Jones, Tate vs. Rousey, Belfort vs. Jones, Pettis vs. Aldo, Edgar vs. Aldo etc.). Championship matches are earned, not given. Should at least have fights in the weight-class you are fighting for the title in. Some of the fighters are good enough to challenge for the title, but they gotta work their way in that weightclass to earn it.
6/13/13 10:50 AM
FaceToFace
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm intrigued and I'll definitely watch. I think it has potential. If they focus more on the training/fighting like it appears in the preview I think it'll be good.

I see Mike Bronzoulis made it on the show so it'll be cool seeing a local Texas fighter get some exposure. I've seen him fight quite a few times and he's tough. Hope he does well. If he is a barometer for the level of talent they brought in I'd say this season will be worth watching.

6/13/13 10:53 AM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMfan2013 - 

LOL at 10X better than TUF.

At their core, they are both the same damn thing, a fight-based reality show. One might be slightly better than the other (too soon to tell IMO) due to some different bells and whistles, but neither one is going to blow the other out of the water.

The first season of FightMaster will probably be interesting due to it being new, but if it ever makes it season 10, it will be just as stale and contrived as TUF. That is the nature of reality TV.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.