UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> John Howard: How I broke marathon bomber's nose

6/12/13 2:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Boston-based Middleweight John “Doomsday” Howard recently appeared on Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show for a wide ranging interview, and discussed his desire to fight at UFC on FOX Sports 1 in his hometown, and sparring with deceased Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

“The reason why he trained at my gym was because he was a good boxer. He wanted a good sparring partner, and most gyms he went to, a lot of guys couldn’t hang with his boxing. He was beating guys up. The reason why he came to Wai Kru was because you had me as a UFC fighter and you had other good strikers there who weren’t scared to take a beating or give one. That’s how I knew him.”

“One day we was sparring and it got a little too physical. Me being an MMA fighter and him being a boxer, it was like a little rivalry thing and we were boxing and we kind of went kind of hard one time. I give him credit. He was a good boxer, but because of the power I possess, I could put anybody down, I believe. What happened was, he got a little cocky. He was touching me up. He was getting the best of me. We went at it, and I caught him with my left hook, my famous left hook, and broke his nose. When I broke his nose, he covered his face. His body was open, so I turned my angle and I hit him with a body shot -- with my right hand, a body shot, and I dropped him. That was the end of the sparring match.”

"I did feel kind of bad. I was like, ‘Man, I went too far.’ But ever since the tragedy happened, I don’t feel bad. The only thing I regret is I didn’t keep hitting him and choke him out and put him out of his misery.”

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview... (22:30 mark)

Howard has not lost since the UFC released him in 2011.

6/12/13 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheShogunEra
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put him on the Boston card Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 2:46 PM
theoutsiders
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big ups for howard! i trained there for a short short peroid when i lived in boston.

john was always a chill dude and fun to watch spar.

6/12/13 2:49 PM
xsrg95
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome

6/12/13 2:50 PM
RickStorm
1746 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
Cyril Jeff - 

I believe that's Phil Davis in the pic, not John...

Not Phil.. It's Howard =)

6/12/13 2:58 PM
DoomFarmer
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheShogunEra - Put him on the Boston card Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:10 PM
zebers3
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Howard needs to be back in the UFC asap. He's way too good for the regional circuit. He's 6-0 with 5 finishes since they released him.

Also, his losses were to Alves, Ellenberger, and Matt Brown. That's nothing to be ashamed of.
6/12/13 3:12 PM
Nuevo Haole

yea, thats PHil Davis from his Sprite commercial

6/12/13 3:17 PM
donovese
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt. Dfw please give this man a fight!! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:28 PM
savage043
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yah! Last sentence made me that much more of a fan. Murica!!! Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:34 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

BOSTON CARD NEEDS HOWARD!!!

can you imagine the headlines???

6/12/13 3:36 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff -

BOSTON CARD NEEDS HOWARD!!!

can you imagine the headlines???

This. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:39 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - 
. Phone Post 3.0

6/12/13 3:40 PM
DoomFarmer
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kwnel2178 - Why is this getting reported now, he made these statements a few days after the suspect died.
It can be reported every fucking day until they put him on the Boston card as far as I'm concerned. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:42 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

DoomFarmer -
kwnel2178 - Why is this getting reported now, he made these statements a few days after the suspect died.
It can be reported every fucking day until they put him on the Boston card as far as I'm concerned. Phone Post 3.0
THIS Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:44 PM
SasquatchShaman

I think the Boston card is full, but he should have been on it.
I kind of hope an injury lets him slip in on short notice
6/12/13 3:46 PM
jjchgo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - 

lmao! this!

6/12/13 3:57 PM
Rudi

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -
DoomFarmer - 
. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post
6/12/13 5:01 PM
Kostakio
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 5:27 PM
Dirt Dog Sandwiches

Kostakio - 
This. Phone Post 3.0

that
6/12/13 7:04 PM
DoomFarmer

willienugget - and let's find some dude name Habeeb for him to kick the shit out of. There is every reason for him not to be on this card.

What?
6/12/13 7:08 PM
Rudi

willienugget - He's not on this card because he's not fucking good enough and to put him on it for whatever reasons you people are thinking is just plain silly.
Voted down. Phone Post
6/12/13 7:09 PM
Rudi

willienugget - and let's find some dude name Habeeb for him to kick the shit out of. There is every reason for him not to be on this card.
Voted down. Phone Post
6/12/13 7:11 PM
DoomFarmer

willienugget - He's not on this card because he's not fucking good enough and to put him on it for whatever reasons you people are thinking is just plain silly.

Enjoy the cool weather coming your way.
6/12/13 7:36 PM
DoomFarmer

willienugget - Dude's not even a UFC fighter but he should be on this card? m'kay

Hmm, let me see if I can help you with this... There are people who would like to see him back in the UFC, turdnugget.

I have always been of the position that the guy should have never been cut in the first place.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.