UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Alexis Davis the fighter to dethrone Rousey?

6/12/13 6:04 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ronda Rousey defines women's MMA to an extent not seen since since Royce Gracie defined men's MMA. But B/R's Damon Martin explains that there is a deep pool of WMMA fighters in the UFC now, and that Canadian Alexis Davis is poised to become the biggest threat to Ronda Rousey's reign.

Davis fights Rosi Sexton on the main card of UFC 161 on June 15 in Winnipeg.

As much as the spotlight has been shone down on the women's fighters, Alexis Davis refuses to look at her upcoming bout against Rosi Sexton as anything more than just another trip to the cage.

"This just feels like another fight," said Davis. "Even when they sent us out to watch Rousey and Carmouche, and we got to go behind the scenes, I felt like I was back at Strikeforce.  It could be different by the time I get there, but I don't think the nerves will get to me quite as much."

"It's not like 'oh my god women are on the card!' Now, the UFC's done a really good job of pushing it. Now, every couple cards they are going to have a women's fight.  So I don't think there's quite as much pressure as there was before.  We're great fighters and we just have to do our thing.  Whether we're fighting for the UFC or we're fighting for Invicta, or an amateur fight, we put on great fights regardless."

"A lot of us were worried that it was going to be the Ronda show, and it hasn't.  They push all of their fighters, anyone who has a fight coming up.  Like sending me out to the press conference, that was a great experience for me to get my name out there and just exposing women's fighters.  It's kind of exploded these last few months."

"I'm happy where I am.  I may not be fighting for the title next, but I've just got to keep going on the path that I'm on and I'm sure I'll get there. It's a great opportunity, and there are so many women who are dying to be in the position I'm in so I'm just going to kind of focus on the fight at hand, and show them why I should be the No. 1 contender.

"Rousey is at the top of the food chain.  It's going to happen eventually.  She's still new, still new in the UFC, so eventually it's going to happen that someone's going to dethrone her.  Obviously, I'd love to have that opportunity."

"The longer people wait to fight me, the worse it's going to be."

Read entire article...

They said on the old West that "There's never a horse that couldn't be rode, and never a rider that couldn't be throwed." Who do you think is the fighter most likely to beat Ronda Rousey? Is it Alexis Davis?

6/12/13 6:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
savage043
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey via armbar Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 6:43 PM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol ok. Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 7:46 PM
scaredy cat
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the moment I'd say McMann has the best shot at dethroning Rousey and that's going to be three fights away. Phone Post
6/12/13 7:56 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She is very, very, very impressive on the ground. Nearly submitted Kyra Gracie, controlled Shayna Baszler from the bottom and choked her out, made short work of Sarah Kaufmann on the ground, and was the first ever to submit Hitomi Akano.

I really like her chances against Rousey.

And, for the record, I think she'd submit Sara Mcmann as well.

6/12/13 8:03 PM
Bipolar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey defines women's MMA to the extent that Gracie did? Hard to believe someone could even think this, let alone write it. She's nothing but a one trick pony with a tsunami of promotion behind her in a sport with very few truly legit competitors. Hell, Liz Carmouche came within a hair's breath of submitting Ronda. A couple years ago there was no question who defined women's MMA, and that was Cyborg. Even without roids she would tear poor Ronda to pieces and expose her for the pretender that she is. Unless Rousey is able to slap an armbar on Cyborg, she has absolutely NO CHANCE to beat Santos, which is precisely why Ronda took refuge in a new weight division. That's not something you'd ever see Royce Gracie do.
6/12/13 8:09 PM
Russ
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAnotherMMAFan - She is very, very, very impressive on the ground. Nearly submitted Kyra Gracie, controlled Shayna Baszler from the bottom and choked her out, made short work of Sarah Kaufmann on the ground, and was the first ever to submit Hitomi Akano.

she lost to bazler and kaufmann twice???

she gets armbarred in the first as well i think, taking nothing away from her as i think she is very talented. i also think she armbars Cyborg so maybe i really don't know shit lol
6/12/13 8:36 PM
Ladies of Pain

ALEXIS BY RNC
6/12/13 8:36 PM
Ladies of Pain

AND BOTH FIGHTS BY KAUFMAN WERE CLOSE IF NOT CONTROVERSIAL ON THE SECOND FIGHT
6/12/13 10:03 PM
NumbNuts

Pics Motherfuckers!!!!!!
6/13/13 4:16 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russ - 
JustAnotherMMAFan - She is very, very, very impressive on the ground. Nearly submitted Kyra Gracie, controlled Shayna Baszler from the bottom and choked her out, made short work of Sarah Kaufmann on the ground, and was the first ever to submit Hitomi Akano.

she lost to bazler and kaufmann twice???

she gets armbarred in the first as well i think, taking nothing away from her as i think she is very talented. i also think she armbars Cyborg so maybe i really don't know shit lol

The first time against Baszler, Alexis took the fight under 7 days notice, and was a beginner.

In the second fight, she absolutely controlled Baszler, and made her tap.

As to Kaufmann, she decided to stand and punch. And she was able to compete. She decided to take the fight to the ground in the 3rd round, and Kaufmann was pretty helpless there. Too bad she decided to do it when she had already lost on points.

Keep in mind that Alexis Davis is a black belt in Japanese Jiu Jitsu, AND and a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Liz Carmouche is a blue belt in BJJ, and nearly made Ronda tap.
6/13/13 5:49 AM
RowdyBec
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heart Alexis Davis <3 Phone Post
6/13/13 6:07 AM
Eggbert
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - I heart Alexis Davis <3 Phone Post
Ttt for bad ass ladies Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 7:15 AM
M_Creepy35

Sara McMann is going to dethrone Rousey. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 9:52 AM
Kenso
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/13/13 11:05 AM
Tomato Can
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sara McMann has the best chance right now and IMO was much more deserving than Tate. Problem is that now she's gonna have to wait at least a year for her shot. She might not have as good a chance when she's pushing 34 and Rousey has another year to develop her skills and will still only be 27.
6/13/13 11:13 AM
T Bag

Nowhere near athletic enough to handle rousey Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 11:22 AM
Feesha

Edited: 06/13/13 11:24 AM
I'd like to see Alexis Davis vs. Sara McMann and the winner can face Rousey after her next fight. I think Davis would win that match-up with McMann and she stands a good chance with Rousey.
6/13/13 11:26 AM
thatdude21601
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Davis is the better grappler, but Ronda might overpower her. I wouldn't bet on that fight, but it'd be a good fight I think.

6/13/13 11:42 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Chareth Cutestory -

Kaufmann beat Davis twice.
This.. Shayna also beat her. Thy are 1-1.

Alexis has been getting some 125ers lately.. Sexton is being brought in to showcase alexis. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 11:42 AM
Onlyonemichaelbisping

No but I'd bang her anyway Phone Post
6/13/13 12:27 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NumbNuts - Pics Motherfuckers!!!!!!
!!!!!! Phone Post
6/13/13 12:34 PM
BigEyedFish

DanGold - Rousey is a physical beast, unless Davis is similarly built she'll just get bullied.

have you seen Alexis fight? She is as tough as they come
6/13/13 1:29 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

BigEyedFish -
DanGold - Rousey is a physical beast, unless Davis is similarly built she'll just get bullied.

have you seen Alexis fight? She is as tough as they come
He hasnt. I dont like alexis, but she's tough as nails. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 1:45 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bipolar - Rousey defines women's MMA to the extent that Gracie did? Hard to believe someone could even think this, let alone write it. She's nothing but a one trick pony with a tsunami of promotion behind her in a sport with very few truly legit competitors. Hell, Liz Carmouche came within a hair's breath of submitting Ronda. A couple years ago there was no question who defined women's MMA, and that was Cyborg. Even without roids she would tear poor Ronda to pieces and expose her for the pretender that she is. Unless Rousey is able to slap an armbar on Cyborg, she has absolutely NO CHANCE to beat Santos, which is precisely why Ronda took refuge in a new weight division. That's not something you'd ever see Royce Gracie do.
Royce was a one trick pony with a lot of promotion behind him in a sport with very few legit competitors to beat him... Rouser is in the same situation.

What's so hard to understand about that? You literally made no sense in your post. Like none. Seriously. None. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.