UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Drysdale: I'm not gonna kiss Silva's a--

6/13/13 1:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Robert Drysdale is a highly decorated black belt and undefeated in  his short six fight MMA career. However, now that he's in the UFC his goal is the same of every UFC middleweight, to win a world title. Right now Anderson Silva sits on the throne and although Drysdale respects the champion, don't expect to see him treating or talking about the champion better than anyone else:

"I don't know the guy, to be honest. I don't know where his animosity toward me comes from. I don't think about it very much, I don't care. I tend to be very opinionated and tell people what I think. That upsets a lot of people. Being half Brazilian, I understand Brazilians really well. This whole thing about hierarchy in Brazil, in his head, he ranks above everyone else and because of that, everyone should be kissing his butt.

My world doesn't function like that. You're not better than me because you have a UFC belt. I don't see the world like that so I just wasn't kissing his butt like he was expecting me to. He's probably used to that and I can see that upsetting him. From where I stand, I couldn't care less how many belts he has or how good he is, I'm not going to respect you more or less because of that."

transcribed by MMAMania.com... 

6/13/13 1:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MoustacheRider69
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intense Phone Post
6/13/13 1:07 PM
MMA Playwrite
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/13/13 1:12 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's always been a hater of Silva. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 1:12 PM
crazydave
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/13/13 1:18 PM
Kid Charlemagne
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow I didn't know he was a MW Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 1:22 PM
Lobo8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh
6/13/13 1:30 PM
mestregruber
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drysdale is one of the best in the world in BJJ. But it's no secret that Silva was pissed off because Drysdale said Forrest would submit him.
6/13/13 2:17 PM
stickman
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mestregruber - Drysdale is one of the best in the world in BJJ. But it's no secret that Silva was pissed off because Drysdale said Forrest would submit him.

I don't recall those interviews but, to be fair, he was kind of locked in. You can't say that your guy will likely lose. Even "no comment" would draw the peanut gallery to say stuff like, "ooohhhhh he doesn't think Forrest's BJJ is any good!"
6/13/13 2:35 PM
Jack Skellington
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/13/13 2:36 PM

Drysdale has a long way to go before stepping into the ring with the champ

6/13/13 2:51 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talkie talkie talkie.. too much talkie...

Phone Post
6/13/13 2:52 PM
theoutsiders
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington -

Drysdale has a long way to go before stepping into the ring with the champ

Yeah and by the time he is there a silva may not even be around Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 2:59 PM
myblood04
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like if Anderson gives a flying knee fk Phone Post
6/13/13 3:04 PM
Kid_dynamite319

Anderson Silva will probably Ko Jon Jones/GSp or defend his belt a couple more times. Then retire and the MMA community will say he is ducking Drysdale.
6/13/13 3:08 PM
tonytr

And like sheep everyone here starts jumping Silva's bones whenever someone criticizes him. It's pathetic.
6/13/13 3:14 PM
wheeels

I guess we should all give a shit what he thinks of Silva?
6/13/13 3:15 PM
I AM A MOFO
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't argue, I've said for years that Anderson is as smug as they come and believes everyone else should be kissing his ass.
6/13/13 3:21 PM
Logan Stantons finger
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, Bobert Drysdale would get his shit pushed in.

It would look like the Maia fight. But end with a KO. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 3:22 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey ug blog, I see what you did there.
6/13/13 3:34 PM
theoutsiders

I AM A MOFO - Can't argue, I've said for years that Anderson is as smug as they come and believes everyone else should be kissing his ass.
I love silva as a fighter. I met him at the UFC fan expo in Boston years back. He was pretty nice to me except for one comment he made and was generally pleasant. Pulled me back to him as I was trying to walk away after the handshake to ask me about my earlobes (I speak Portuguese...and my earlobes are stretched. Yes. Like a tribal Africans). Seemed like a genuine dude. Friendly.

Fast forward a couple of ears and years later, I am working at the apple store on 5th ave in NYC where I help tons of brazilians daily. I meet a guy who says his son went to school with Anderson Silvia's son. (His kid was there with him)

He told me Anderson wasn't a pleasant guy and that people in brazil don't like him, and thinks he's full of himself. Always refuses autographs and keeps to himself.

Told me a story about how silva came to the school to pick up his kid and the customers son who is friends with silva kid runs up to the car to ask for a pic and auto. Silva supposedly looked at his son and said "get in the car. Let's go". Kid hopped in and they drove off.

The customers kid even chimed in while his dad told the story. It seemed legit.

I feel like every superstar has at one point done something like that. This guy made it seem Anderson was always like that in brazil.

Either way I just care about what he does when he competes. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 3:37 PM
theoutsiders

^^ Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 3:59 PM
mata_leao
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he really going to fight at MW?

I remember he had trouble cutting to 205 in one of his recent matches ha.

If he is, MW is going to be the BJJ division.

Ronaldo Jacare
Roger Gracie
Rousimar Toquinho
Antonio Braga Neto
Ronny Markes
Caio Magalhaes
Daniel Sarafian

And now possibly Robert Drysdale?

Am I missing anyone? Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 4:25 PM
TuLegit

Lol drysdale should keep his mouth shut before silva does for him. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 4:43 PM
gdogfighter

Anderson will get submitted if it hits the ground, Drysdale will defeat ANYONE if it hits the ground.
6/13/13 4:46 PM
bmorela3

gdogfighter - Anderson will get submitted if it hits the ground, Drysdale will defeat ANYONE if it hits the ground.
not jacare Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.