UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson official

6/13/13 3:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - they are planning a 20th anniversary show and they have 3 big fights on tap and they'll likely use 2 of them for the big show.

cain vs JDS 3.

Jones vs Gustaffson

GSP vs Hendricks.
Doubt it lol Phone Post
6/13/13 3:48 PM
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0

this way he will fight both of them without either of them losing their hype
6/13/13 4:03 PM
Jaybrone
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew there would be posts saying he avoided mousasi and glover. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 4:10 PM
DoomFarmer
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - 
i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0

We need the new blood fighting one another though, I'm tired of seeing contenders make their names off of the old guard.

If Glover and Gus would have fought it would have really shown who truly belongs at the top.

I understand the logic of protecting prospects but the division is getting stale.
6/13/13 4:14 PM
Aaron Becker

DoomFarmer - 
Aaron Becker - 

We need the new blood fighting one another though, I'm tired of seeing contenders make their names off of the old guard.

If Glover and Gus would have fought it would have really shown who truly belongs at the top.

I understand the logic of protecting prospects but the division is getting stale.

and that's why I think they are protecting them, to show that these guys are beating what's left of the division and now they can only get their title shots
6/13/13 4:23 PM
TheHaunted2

I dont't think gus is ready. He could probably do with a couple more fights with top level competition. But hey. Machida will go to middleweight now I bet. Phone Post
6/13/13 4:42 PM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 -  I dont't think gus is ready. He could probably do with a couple more fights with top level competition. But hey. Machida will go to middleweight now I bet. Phone Post

Assuming AS remains champ I'd be very surprised if Machida drops down.
6/13/13 5:41 PM
Mr Winter

Like both guys but I really don't see how Gus will handle the wrestling of Jones. This could be very one sided, I hope not though.
6/13/13 5:57 PM
Il Duce
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, poor Lyoto. Two "number one contender" fights for naught.

Also, yes he belongs at 185 anyway. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 6:31 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

I'm glad Gustafsson is getting the shot instead of Machiada.
6/13/13 6:43 PM
3rdLion
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - 
Aaron Becker - 

It means we get to see them both fight Jones potentially, that is better IMO. You said you're tired of them fighting the old guard but if Gus and Glover were to fight it means one of them goes to the back of the queue, that opens the door to one of the old guard to jump the queue.
6/13/13 9:33 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

crossfire - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
i_shogun_ruas -
crossfire -
i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
What's so funny, Gus got raped by fuckin Phil Davis imagine what jones is going to do. Phone Post 3.0
That was 3 years ago. Just sayin..... Phone Post 3.0
That's what's funny , some people are under the impression that fighters don't evolve , and some if them even get better. Phone Post 3.0

Especially in the case of a young fighter like Gus.
The more fights he has the better he gets.
You can't really gauge Gus vs Jones from a fight that took place in 2010.
6/13/13 10:00 PM
UGSlapshot

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
i_shogun_ruas -
crossfire -
i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
What's so funny, Gus got raped by fuckin Phil Davis imagine what jones is going to do. Phone Post 3.0
That was 3 years ago. Just sayin..... Phone Post 3.0
Speaking of Davis, he has serious ground skills. IMO he could be a threat to Jones but its situational.

The thing is Sonnen is a proven commodity, we know his wrestling is superior to a fighter like Gus or even Davis and Jones made a point to dominate him with wrestling and kick the shit out of him.

Gus wont win this, he can't beat Jones standing but for the sake of argument let's say he was he can't stop the td either.

At least its not a rematch but I don't see a lot of opportunities for gus. Phone Post
6/13/13 11:07 PM
Jack_Bauer
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/14/13 4:20 AM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight I've been waiting for since 2011, and Im gonna miss it because of Basic.

Fml. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 4:22 AM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2010* Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 4:54 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack_Bauer - 

Isn't he fighting Machida? Should be an awesome fight.
6/14/13 8:15 AM
TheBBWAssassin
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/14/13 8:16 AM

Why is the background graphic on the news page, St Basil's Cathedral in the Kremlin - is this going to be a Russian event?

6/14/13 11:26 AM
i_shogun_ruas

FrateCart -
Willy the Coyote -  He lost to Davis three years ago. Phone Post

People are stupid.

Hell, JDS was selling icecream on the streets of brazil 3 years ago.
I don't care if it was 10 years ago, he's still getting put on his back easily by jones and getting tko'd. And I'm not even a fan of jones. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 4:18 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heart says Alex.

Mind says Jones. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.