UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain Velasquez-Junior dos Santos III in Houston.

6/13/13 8:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
XxLiveBaitxX
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_17250.shtml#.Ubpel9jV0Qo

UFC targeting Cain Velasquez-Junior dos Santos III for October event in Houston

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

The UFC's fall schedule is starting to come together, and with the booking of Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson for UFC 165 in Toronto in September, the next title fight to come is likely going to be in the heavyweight division.

UFC President Dana White revealed during a media scrum on Thursday in Winnipeg ahead of UFC 161 that they're targeting the Heavyweight Championship trilogy fight between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos for an event in Houston, Texas this October.

The exact date hasn't been pinned down, but given past years it's likely to take place later in the month. If the plans stay as they are, it would be the UFC's first event in Houston since October of 2011. Coincidentally enough, that last event in Houston, UFC 136, was headlined by a trilogy fight in the lightweight division between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard.

Velasquez and dos Santos have each scored one win against the other, with dos Santos initially taking the UFC Heavyweight Championship from Velasquez in November of 2011. That was in the UFC's debut on Fox, and in the U.S. is the most watched MMA fight ever on network television. Velasquez would fight his way to a rematch last December, where he defeated dos Santos in a mostly one-sided five round fight to take a decision.

Both fighters picked up wins last month at UFC 160, with dos Santos knocking out Mark Hunt in the third round of a great fight, and Velasquez defeating Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva a second time.
6/13/13 8:13 PM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/13/13 8:12 PM

It is finally being booked!

War Cain!

6/13/13 8:14 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Not sure if the booking is "official" but the pieces are being put in place.
6/13/13 8:16 PM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah but Dana White said he wanted to have this fight in Texas, so I am assuming that this will be official soon enough.

6/13/13 8:18 PM
XxLiveBaitxX

^ Right on.
6/13/13 8:32 PM
TX_432
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar -

Yeah but Dana White said he wanted to have this fight in Texas, so I am assuming that this will be official soon enough.

Texas aka north Mexico Phone Post
6/13/13 9:00 PM
who RAPED public
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ill pay to go there when do tickets go on sale?

6/14/13 1:36 AM
Phisher

KingofBJJ - 
TX_432 - 
Augustus Caesar -

You joke, but Texas, California and New Mexico were originally Mexican, before the Mexican-American war.

....and all of that territory has been successfully reconquered without any bloodshed.

6/14/13 2:00 AM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain via a few more seconds to highlight reel. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 3:19 AM
hvc713

Hell's yeah!!! xD ...saving up for my ticket!
6/14/13 8:27 AM
easedel

Too soon.
6/14/13 8:38 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 9:57 AM
instantkarma
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there! Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 11:13 AM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TX_432 - 
Augustus Caesar -

I didn't know Texas was in Canada.

6/14/13 12:23 PM
instantkarma
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce77 - I fucking hope so!!!!!!!!! I went to the last and only event in Houston and it was amazing.
There have been two events in Houston. GSP vs Serra and Edgar vs Maynard 3. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 3:20 PM
DanteHec
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll definitely be there as well went to 136 I HAVE to go see this Phone Post
6/14/13 3:22 PM
man meets fate

Fuck yea. Can't wait, been waiting for a mega fight like this to happen here
6/14/13 6:55 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want to go to this. I'ma plan something out. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.