UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Miesha and Ronda hate each other

6/14/13 9:26 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At Thursday's media scrum, UFC president Dana White described relations between opposing coaches Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate on the TUF show currently being shot in Las Vegas. TUF 18 will premiere in Sept on FOX Sports 1. The pair will fight at the conclusion of the show, likely in December.

"It's going exactly the way you thought it would be going - bad," said White. "Dead serious. Miesha and Ronda hate each other. It's like, literally crazy drama every day. It's irritating."

"It's Ken-Tito type stuff. I don't even know if some of that stuff will make TV. It's bad. Those two do not like each other, and their camps do not like each other, and it is just pure f---ing mayhem every day."

"(The men and women together) is going well. There are some men and women there who are serious and want to be in the UFC and want to fight for a living, and they're doing their thing. I don't know if there's any romance – I don't see that stuff till it gets to the end. I know what goes on at the gym, and if I show up at the house, bad s--- happened. That's all I know about."

Read entire article...

Fireworks were to be expected when the UFC announced Miesha Tate as last-second replacement coach opposite Ronda Rousey on The Ultimate Fighter 18. But if Dana White is to be believed, those expectations are already being blown out of the water.

"It's like, literally, crazy drama every day," an exasperated White said at Thursday's pre-fight scrum. "It's irritating.

"It's Ken (Shamrock)-Tito (Ortiz) type stuff."

"I don't even know if some of that stuff will make TV," the UFC President continued. "It's bad. Those two do not like each other, and their camps do not like each other, and it is just pure f--king mayhem everyday."

Filming for the season, which is the first to feature a co-ed cast in the series' history, kicked off in late May, and although White was hesitant to discuss particulars, he repeatedly made it clear that this iteration would not be nearly as friendly as TUF 17's surprisingly cordial pairing of Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen.

Without frequenting the season's house, White is unable to say if the co-ed living situation is sparking any budding romances between the bantamweight castmates, although he seemed pleased by the UFC's casting decisions thus far.

"[It's] going well," White finished. "There's some men and women there that are serious and want to be in the UFC, and want to fight for a living. They're doing their thing."

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, let's plow ahead and get to some headlines.

6/14/13 9:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As if Dana truly dislikes the drama loll. That's the reason why the UFC absolutely wanted these two to be coaches in the first place. A season of Cat coaching against Honda would have been tame on the drama front... and that's bad for "reality" T.V.

6/14/13 9:40 AM
fryabusa
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/14/13 9:40 AM

Is it fair to say Miesha has boyfriend helping her coach this season?  God I hope so, Ronda hates him more than Miesha.  Gonna be a good season.

6/14/13 9:42 AM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feel a bit sorry for those who can't DVR and watch only the fights.
The "show" is a joke. I understand the idea that marketing to sheep is necessary for ratings, and subsequently ratings are necessary for $/"fans" but imo the show itself is sh*t and breeds more fans of drama (I.e. wwe) than fights/fighters. Phone Post
6/14/13 9:42 AM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do they, Dana? Do they really?

REALLY?!

Tell me more about this highly titillating and fully authentic feud.
6/14/13 9:48 AM
goocher
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUF is just over saturating the UFC's roster so they can pay their fighters less, while getting rid of big name guys who they pay too much. This is TUF 18, along with TUF smashes, TUF brazil, TUF Canada vs UK coming, and I think I heard rumors of TUF China??? I watch every card, start to finish, and I can't follow half the fighters anymore because there are too many.
6/14/13 9:50 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My God This Hate!

6/14/13 9:59 AM
Don_Dada
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda Rousey, you know shes like one of those Diaz bro's man. She's NASTY. You guys gotta tune in.

6/14/13 10:01 AM
Rob San Soo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last season was so good, I hope there not taking steps back and making this some MTV type shit Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 10:01 AM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yay, Dana hyping TuF again. Every season it's either the most intense coach rivalry ever or the most insane finishes ever. At least last season he was right on the latter point.
6/14/13 10:07 AM
Perfer Et Obdura
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana saying this is still not going to get me to watch.
6/14/13 10:17 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well if you love high school drama this is a great season to watch Phone Post
6/14/13 10:21 AM
8flat
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if it's like Tito-Shamrock TUF I'm only watching the fights.

With the TV muted.
6/14/13 10:22 AM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This actually should be a good season, regardless of what Dana said about past seasons.

Think about all the girl vs girl drama in the house. You gotta think there will be at least one or two house brawls with these chicks. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 10:23 AM
Ip Man 81

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Well if you love high school drama this is a great season to watch Phone Post
Lol exactly what I was thinking with the chicks this season. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 10:25 AM
TheRealMrBeefy

I like the feud between honda and meisha.

It reminds me of when rampage and rashad would get and inch way from eachother and they would call eachother cocky bitches.

Hopefully the same happens with these two, only difference is I hope they suddenly stop arguing and then start to make out with eachother. It would be gold if they were able to capture Caraway's reaction while it happens lol. Phone Post
6/14/13 10:31 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumb Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 10:38 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Preview from upcoming TUF

6/14/13 10:44 AM
DaddyRich
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't even know if some of that stuff will make TV," the UFC President continued.

I'll finish this sentence for him "...but I'm sure it'll be available online."
6/14/13 11:22 AM
BRZ

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

Preview from upcoming TUF

LOL at the dog getting them to stop fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 11:28 AM
Koku_Ryuu

Thatsjustlikeyouropionman -  And someone tell me why, a fighter coming off a loss is going to fight for the belt?!?! So pathetic. Phone Post

Same reasons Chael fought for the LHW belt. TV melodrama...ratings...money..plain and simple.

6/14/13 11:36 AM
crazydave
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares if they hate eachother.  They are still in a division with zero depth and will end up fighting eachother constantly. 

6/14/13 11:42 AM
AndrewBax

Yeh yeh yeh they hate each other blah blah I'm not buying into this shit Dana "hype everything" white Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 11:47 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropionman - And someone tell me why, a fighter coming off a loss is going to fight for the belt?!?! So pathetic. Phone Post
Belts purpose being to promote tuf is completely backwards. Phone Post
6/14/13 11:50 AM
R00STER
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, they're both women...of course they hate each other. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.