UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> They're getting ready to screw TJ Grant...

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
6/14/13 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

out of his title shot.  Wait for it.

6/14/13 1:54 PM
ALAR88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was my first thought when I saw the news.
6/14/13 1:55 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope you're wrong.

6/14/13 1:56 PM
kyle223
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF, just saw Pettis is hurt. WTF! Are they going to wait for Pettis to heal and put him up against Benson instead?
6/14/13 1:57 PM
epwar
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tickets go on sale June 21st...hmmmmm...

6/14/13 2:09 PM
epwar

Show is in Milwaukee, Pettis' hometown.  UFC couldn't be any more transparent.   Sorry TJ.

6/14/13 2:12 PM
Jack Brown
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anthony Pettis (@Showtimepettis) tweeted at 1:46 PM on Fri, Jun 14, 2013:
Injuries are part of the sport, Small tear in my meniscus. I was so ready for this fight, this won't stop me!Be back soon.

TJ will get a big fight on the Toronto card instead, maybe? Phone Post
6/14/13 2:13 PM
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis will become the most hated fighter (amongst other fighters) in the 145 and 155 divisions if this happens. Cuts in line to get a title shot at 145, gets injured, then cuts back in line at 155 to get another title shot when there was already a challenger lined up.

6/14/13 2:14 PM
epwar

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Pettis will become the most hated fighter (amongst other fighters) in the 145 and 155 divisions if this happens. Cuts in line to get a title shot at 145, gets injured, then cuts back in line at 155 to get another title shot when there was already a challenger lined up.

Nah, UG will get a boner over Benson vs. Pettis II.  They don't care about earning title shots.

6/14/13 2:14 PM

epwar - 

Nah, UG will get a boner over Benson vs. Pettis II.  They don't care about earning title shots.

That's why I said amongst fighters. Fans won't care. But the fighters at 155 and 145 will hate him.

6/14/13 2:16 PM
Chris27

epwar - 

Wait, Pettis didnt earn his LW title shot?

6/14/13 2:16 PM
epwar

epwar - 

That's why I said amongst fighters. Fans won't care. But the fighters at 155 and 145 will hate him.

Ah, sorry.  Missed that.

6/14/13 2:18 PM
epwar

Chris27 - 
epwar - 

He did, but then opted not to take it by choosing to go down to FW.  "I can't wait for a title shot in August, so I'll take a title shot in August."

6/14/13 2:19 PM
bmorela3

Pettis has been getting screwed out of title fights for a while. He deserves a fight for a tile more than Grant and it's not close
6/14/13 2:19 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Lamas is getting screwed more than if TJ was bumped out.
6/14/13 2:23 PM

epwar - 
Chris27 - 
epwar - 

He did, but then opted not to take it by choosing to go down to FW.  "I can't wait for a title shot in August, so I'll take a title shot in August."

Lolol

6/14/13 2:26 PM
epwar

Wasa-B - I think Lamas is getting screwed more than if TJ was bumped out.

Lamas has been perpetually screwed.

6/14/13 2:31 PM
thatkidrichard91

Pettis has been screwed out of 2 title shots already, once by Edgar/Maynard 3-match and then by Gil. Speaking of which, didnt Gil technically "cut in line"? He came from another company, didnt even have a fight in the UFC but got an immediate title shot, pushing Pettis and other contenders back. No one hates him. Pettis did the same thing, just dropped a weight instead of fighting from another company. I dont understand why he would be hated for doing what others have done?
6/14/13 2:32 PM
JimmersonzGlove
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer for TJ.

6/14/13 2:34 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 06/14/13 2:34 PM
Id rather see Grant vs Josh Thompson anyway.

Ill take pettis vs bendo... but zuffa wouldnt screw grant like that unless he gets injured or they pay him a nice move aside bonus.

Grant vs Josh Thompson in toronto makes way more sense and Pettis vs Bendo in Milwakee again makes way more sense.
6/14/13 2:34 PM
ThirdJackson

Grant is gonna get the "Cat Zingano" treatment. Pettis will get the hometown fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 2:35 PM
CagePotato
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub'd, just in case this actually happens.
6/14/13 2:36 PM

thatkidrichard91 - 

Pettis has been screwed out of 2 title shots already, once by Edgar/Maynard 3-match and then by Gil. Speaking of which, didnt Gil technically "cut in line"? He came from another company, didnt even have a fight in the UFC but got an immediate title shot, pushing Pettis and other contenders back. No one hates him. Pettis did the same thing, just dropped a weight instead of fighting from another company. I dont understand why he would be hated for doing what others have done?

No fan hates Pettis. I love Pettis. I was saying that that the FIGHTERS at 155 and 145 will hate him.

Gil was a top 3 LW in the world for like 5 years, and definitely deserved the immediate title shot. And it's not as though he came to the UFC and took the number 1 contender status from another fighter like Pettis would be doing to Grant.

All I was saying is that he did cut in line at FW to get a title shot, and if he gets a title shot at 155 after one was promised to Grant, he'll also have cut in line there. Just stating the facts.

6/14/13 2:37 PM
Chris27

ThirdJackson - Grant is gonna get the "Cat Zingano" treatment. Pettis will get the hometown fight. Phone Post 3.0

So cat didnt really destroy her knee is what you are telling us? That whole thing was fake, her surgery, scars etc are fake?

6/14/13 2:38 PM
Chris27

Pitbull3744 - 

What a joke lol

What exactly is a joke? has this happened yet? Its Epwar sayings its gonna happen so im not sure why you are taking it as fact.

IF it happens then you can say its a joke.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.