UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> BF4 or COD: Ghosts, which one are you getting?

6/14/13 5:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ingo Weigold
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/14/13 5:43 PM
MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!

Started my serious shooter gaming career playing BF1942 etc and then fell in love with the COD series for some time now. This being the eve of next Gen, wondering if maybe I should be moving back to BF4 this go around.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

6/14/13 5:45 PM
scourge
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BF4
6/14/13 6:02 PM
Ingo Weigold
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scourge - BF4
Why? Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 6:38 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BF 4 as well destructible environments vehicles commander mode and I personally just prefer the battle field series over COD due to the team based gameplay.
6/14/13 7:22 PM
Gerbacio
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Played every battlefield and call of duty ever

Bf4..

Battlefield had consistently improved the series and made the game feel different and better

Call of duty feels like the same game with a expansion pack Phone Post
6/14/13 7:55 PM
flowwiththego
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bf Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 8:03 PM
Gabe Sacchetti
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gerbacio - Played every battlefield and call of duty ever

Bf4..

Battlefield had consistently improved the series and made the game feel different and better

This Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 8:26 PM
thefightphysician
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

COD is fun but only BF with friends gives you those truly epic gaming moments... I played COD on Xbox to death but it was only when I shot a jet out the sky with an RPG whilst being in a helicopter my buddy was flying over the ocean that I realized that... Ah you get the point. BF4.

What it comes down to is: destructible skyscrapers vs dog with mounted camera. Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 10:17 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The level they showed for Battlefield 4 at E3 is that DLC or is in included with the game.
6/14/13 11:30 PM
rookie29

BF4 Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 11:32 PM
Greenup
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BF4 Phone Post
6/15/13 1:43 AM
PepperUK
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

COD. New console, new engine, dedicated servers. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 2:00 AM
Ingo Weigold

PepperUK - COD. New console, new engine, dedicated servers. Phone Post 3.0
Yea but is it the exact same gameplay? Seems like the last couple games have been nearly identical Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 3:30 AM
PepperUK
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingo Weigold -
PepperUK - COD. New console, new engine, dedicated servers. Phone Post 3.0
Yea but is it the exact same gameplay? Seems like the last couple games have been nearly identical Phone Post 3.0
Yeah it the same gameplay. But technically every fps is cod, bf or MoH.

I prefer cod. Smaller map, faster action.

Sure bo2 was shit. But the rest I enjoyed. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 12:44 PM
The Adversary
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gerbacio -  Played every battlefield and call of duty ever

Bf4..

Bang bang, son.

I'll def get BF4 and there's about a 60% chance of Ghosts, depending on what I see.

But yeah, huge maps with real team work, destruction and vehicles, no can defend.
6/15/13 1:27 PM
Too Rude
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im getting both on Xboxone. Both are great games and entirely different from each other.
6/16/13 6:51 AM
Stribo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll end up getting both, still unsure what first though, love bf but all the shitty rent a servers really turned me off, if there are plenty of official servers I'll be more inclined for that. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 9:11 AM
Granpa
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the exception of the original COD: Modern Warfare, I've always preferred the expansive, vehicular combat of the Battlefield series and this will be no exception. COD has become too much of a caricature IMO. Too twitchy, no strategy involved whatsoever. I like the more strategic pacing of BF series.
6/16/13 9:34 PM
MITman2k
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't played a game for either of the series, but will be picking up one of these games along with the PS4, so to hear everyone's persepectives is interesting.

I did find this commander mode in BF 4 to be interesting:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZTeVnM5Sw&feature=player_embedded

6/16/13 10:48 PM
x FOX x
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too Rude - Im getting both on Xboxone. Both are great games and entirely different from each other.
Word Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 10:29 PM
supersaiyan

Bf4..

end of thread
6/17/13 10:38 PM
supersaiyan

The Adversary - 

Bf4..

Bang bang, son.

I'll def get BF4 and there's about a 60% chance of Ghosts, depending on what I see.

But yeah, huge maps with real team work, destruction and vehicles, no can defend.

as with all the COD games I EVENTUALLY get them waaaayyy down the line but they cant touch BF...period.

I just played BO2 4 weeks ago and beat it in like 4 days and wasn't impressed with mp as it felt like the same old thing with map flippage = "new" map philosophy LOL
6/18/13 8:22 AM
TheHaunted2

I will buy bf4 instantly. And I will read up on cod, because I will not buy with terribly small maps like on black ops2 and mw3 Phone Post
6/18/13 9:27 AM
stephenu88
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will ghosts have dedicated servers on ps4? That's the determining factor for me. Bo2 is unplayable half the time due to crap connections Phone Post
6/18/13 11:01 AM
gregbrady
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BF4 but if they include frag shotguns and flying robots that land on your head and instantly kill you I'll go back to COD

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.