UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Burkman vs Fitch

6/16/13 6:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CauliflowerCouture
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enemies - Looks like Fitch was only out for about a second. But Burkman felt him go limp and realized he won.

I'm not a fan of Mazzagatti but I don't think that was the most egregious thing I've seen in a long time.

Holding a guillotine choke on an unconscious person is extremely dangerous. Its not the lack or oxygen that is a problem, if its a blood choke like that was then even 30 seconds can cause damage possibly severe.

6/16/13 6:43 PM
eXtv
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CauliflowerCouture - 
Enemies - Looks like Fitch was only out for about a second. But Burkman felt him go limp and realized he won.

I'm not a fan of Mazzagatti but I don't think that was the most egregious thing I've seen in a long time.

Holding a guillotine choke on an unconscious person is extremely dangerous. Its not the lack or oxygen that is a problem, if its a blood choke like that was then even 30 seconds can cause damage possibly severe.

" Compression of both (one on either side of the neck) carotid arteries for eight-to-10 seconds is likely to render a person unconscious. It takes several minutes of lack of blood flow to the brain (somewhere in the range of four-to-six minutes) before permanent damage to the brain is likely to occur.

If fans believe that a choke was held for roughly 10 seconds after a fighter has lost consciousness, the brain has likely been without adequate blood flow for approximately 20 seconds (remember that it took roughly 10 seconds for the fighter to go to sleep).

In an otherwise healthy athlete, lack of blood flow to the brain for 10-to-20 seconds is not particularly dangerous. Obviously, it's not a great idea, but once again, it's not likely to cause permanent damage."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/07/ask-the-fight-doc-is-brain-damage-possible-when-chokes-are-held-too-long
6/16/13 8:47 PM
ruazombie66
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow
6/16/13 11:32 PM
Sprawl 68

eXtv -
CauliflowerCouture - 

" Compression of both (one on either side of the neck) carotid arteries for eight-to-10 seconds is likely to render a person unconscious. It takes several minutes of lack of blood flow to the brain (somewhere in the range of four-to-six minutes) before permanent damage to the brain is likely to occur.

If fans believe that a choke was held for roughly 10 seconds after a fighter has lost consciousness, the brain has likely been without adequate blood flow for approximately 20 seconds (remember that it took roughly 10 seconds for the fighter to go to sleep).

In an otherwise healthy athlete, lack of blood flow to the brain for 10-to-20 seconds is not particularly dangerous. Obviously, it's not a great idea, but once again, it's not likely to cause permanent damage."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/07/ask-the-fight-doc-is-brain-damage-possible-when-chokes-are-held-too-long
Great info. I think burkman was so quick and technically efficient with that choke then rolling him over to show he was out that Mazzagati was just a step behind him. He would have jumped in within a sec or two imo Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 12:05 AM
Scramslam

Dana tells the truth. If this was a different ref it would be a different story. This situation is yet another example in a long pattern of absentee reffing.
I first noticed this with the Yves Edwards Josh Thompson fight. That one match alone should have eliminated Mazzagatti from ever reffing again.
6/17/13 12:40 AM
Graemeo
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This response from Kizer is complete bullshit

Who cares if Bas Rutten didnt know he was out? Bas Rutten isnt a paid professional referee, whos job it is to realise these things and stop the fight

I knew he was out from watching on a shit stream.

Taking about Bas Rutten is ridiculous from Kizer, Referees like Mazzaggati and Winslow are completely incompetant, it is obvious

6/17/13 1:40 AM
sparkuri

Kings21 - 
sparkuri - 
dfw jr - Thank god Josh is class and stopped because that fucking idiot Mazzagatti had NO CLUE what was going on. Much respect Josh Phone Post
WTF are you talking about?
The difference was not even seconds.
And you call other fighters comments stupid.
Why don't you stfu about refs, corner coaching, and pretty much everything not pertaining to promotion.
Steve is fine.

+77 btw ass kissers, do your worst Phone Post

+77? You mean green arrows? I dont see any now. Funny how that works.

Also, most disagree with a lot of what Dana says but its no fucking secret that that if someone dies at the higher levels of MMA its going to be because Mazzagatti just stands there until the dude is dead. The guy sucks.

Also, if Dana didnt ever bitch about reffing he'd be taking shit for that too. If he didnt bitch about corner coaching and everything else, he'd be taking shit for that too. Its fun to hate on Dana but a lot of it is unwarranted.

The guy finally says something everyone else is saying and you want to call everyone else ass kissers. Funny how that works.

Funny how your post is retarded.

No one else is saying anything that BLAF hasn't brainwashed you to say. Mazz is as good a ref as anyone else. It's a tough job, and if anyone dies it's gonna be from Winslow, or whoever reff'd Bermudez/Grice.

And no one's gonna die anyway you moroff.

Is it fun to hate on Dana ? Yeah, that's real popular OBVIOUSLY.

It wasn't VD's freezing me, it was the UG.

Elias Cepeda is 100% correct.

Dana White should act like a grown up, and mods SHOULD'VE  pulled his STUPID post.

The UG is enabling this guy to actually change you young impressionables into morons.

DFW should be frozen, PERIOD for this POS and completely unprofessional post, AND, told never to bash ANY pro fighters, coaches, refs, or media surrounding MMA on this forum again.

But then, I don't pay the bills around here near as much.

UG:THE TERMS OF SERVICE SHOULD APPLY TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING DANA FUCKING WHITE JR.

6/17/13 1:45 AM
sparkuri

My first freeze in 15 years btw.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.