UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Burkman vs Fitch

6/15/13 1:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 - My question to blaf is this.

What does this say about the quality of competition the ufc faces? A year or 2 back people were debating fitch was the 2nd best ww of all time. Did he fall off, have a bad night or is the competition that close? Phone Post
With Hughes and GSP, there was no room for such a stupid argument that Fitch is #2 welterweight of all time. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:30 AM
Alumynabjj

Augustus Caesar - 

I just rewatched it and even after Josh let go of the choke Steve was clueless for like 2 seconds after the fact, it seemed like his mind wasn't into the fight at all.

Should he have gave him mouth to mouth? What should he have done? Please enlighten us O Caesar!
6/15/13 1:31 AM
majikman
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj - 
countsavage - 

I don't know what I am more surprised about Fitch loosing (good job Mr. White) or Mazzagatti standing there like an idiot.

Ah who am I kidding Fitch loosing is way more surprising then Mazzagatti doing a horrible job!

Losing, it's losing.

6/15/13 1:32 AM
iwrestledabearonce
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Hunt Purple-Headed Yogurt Slingers -

VU Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:32 AM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good on Josh. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:33 AM
UGCTT_Song2
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete -

What does this say about the quality of competition the ufc faces? A year or 2 back people were debating fitch was the 2nd best ww of all time. Did he fall off, have a bad night or is the competition that close? Phone Post
With Hughes and GSP, there was no room for such a stupid argument that Fitch is #2 welterweight of all time. Phone Post 3.0
Im not stating its true. But it was an argument. Fitch mauled all bar gsp. Phone Post
6/15/13 1:33 AM
weebrave
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - Thank god Josh is class and stopped because that fucking idiot Mazzagatti had NO CLUE what was going on. Much respect Josh Phone Post
Yw for telling you when the fights were :), you were very right in the end Phone Post
6/15/13 1:35 AM
weebrave
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 -
Pessimist_Pete -

Im not stating its true. But it was an argument. Fitch mauled all bar gsp. Phone Post
Either he fell off or the sport grew ahead of him Phone Post
6/15/13 1:37 AM
epic hero

Steve is just one of many bad refs as far I'm concerned
6/15/13 1:38 AM
krislovestheseacocks
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's fucked up that the commision puts in place a collection of stringent rules in order to get an event sanctioned, yet does nothing to hold refs accountable for their performance. If safety is a legit concern, then proper ref selection should be paramount.
6/15/13 1:38 AM
Clarence Parents
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/15/13 1:39 AM
UGCTT_Song2
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weebrave -
UGCTT_Song2 -
Pessimist_Pete -

Either he fell off or the sport grew ahead of him Phone Post
Well that was what I was asking. Personally I think fitch could win 10 in a row. But never the pinnacle. Hes on a skid. But props to bm that was great Phone Post
6/15/13 1:40 AM
UGCTT_Song2

krislovestheseacocks - It's fucked up that the commision puts in place a collection of stringent rules in order to get an event sanctioned, yet does nothing to hold refs accountable for their performance. If safety is a legit concern, then proper ref selection should be paramount.
Here Phone Post
6/15/13 1:45 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - Thank god Josh is class and stopped because that fucking idiot Mazzagatti had NO CLUE what was going on. Much respect Josh Phone Post
Bas would beg to differ Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:45 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Steve never stopped the fight. It's technically still going. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:55 AM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was pretty bad. I think someone forgot to tell Mazzagatti that he was actually the ref. Maybe he was taking a break or something. lol

Props to Burkman for stopping when he did. The ref was useless and there is no excuse for that one. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 2:01 AM
Gino_Corona

That was just incredibly bad Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 2:04 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is what DFW doesn't get. Fighters will NEVER be happy in the UFC without incentives like winning a boost mobile computer phone! Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 2:10 AM
Clarence Parents
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stigga - This is what DFW doesn't get. Fighters will NEVER be happy in the UFC without incentives like winning a boost mobile computer phone! Phone Post 3.0

It clearly boosted Burkman to the next level.

6/15/13 2:14 AM
Kerouac

Watched it again...

About 1.5 seconds from when Fitch goes limp and Josh releases.

beepeedee beep beep, beep beep
6/15/13 2:15 AM
Kerouac

So yeh, not sure what the fuck you guys are outraged about.
6/15/13 2:23 AM
BigFootsSkinnyArm

I feel fucking horrible for Fitch... poor guy can't catch a break. I guess a wild Broke Fitch will appear at WSOF 5?
6/15/13 2:26 AM
Stigga

Clarence Parents -
Stigga - This is what DFW doesn't get. Fighters will NEVER be happy in the UFC without incentives like winning a boost mobile computer phone! Phone Post 3.0

It clearly boosted Burkman to the next level.

It's like TRT on crack Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 2:27 AM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/15/13 2:29 AM

"I'd ike to punch that mustache off his face"

-Brock Lesnar on Steve Mazzagatti after Mir vs Lesnar 

6/15/13 2:27 AM
Authority Figure

Clarence Parents - 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.