UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Serious Question For StalkBox One Fans

6/15/13 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forget the new DRM policies, used games, price point, exclusives, etc.

How do you feel comfortable letting a device that can monitor, identify, and discern information about its surroundings, like it can, into your home? Do you consider yourself an exhibitionist at heart? Do you really believe that the Kinect camera actually turns off when you "power down" the system? The system has to stay powered, at some level, to keep connecting to the Internet every 24 hours. Were any of these things a consideration before plunking down money on that pre-order?
6/16/13 2:01 AM
KingD87
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that about sums up the amount of fans left. Phone Post 3.0
6/16/13 4:08 AM
TSMontana
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingD87 - Well that about sums up the amount of fans left. Phone Post 3.0

Indeed.
6/16/13 7:19 AM
MITman2k
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/16/13 7:28 AM

Well from the type of interviews Microsoft is giving, they seem to have this attitude about those questions:

\But for purchasers, I can respect and understand that people can have a different sense of risk, or just really want to play certain games. It's just that for me, there is a lower priced alternative that plays games that I am also interested in, and it comes without quite a few of the requirements/restrictions of xboxone. To each their own though.

6/16/13 11:13 PM
steve85uk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Preordered one and no it doesn't bother me. Phone Post
6/17/13 12:35 AM
Lundy76
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't bother me really, I'll get it when titan fall comes out next spring, no hurry to buy it right away. If you think that they do not track everything you do all day already then that's fine, you must just keep your cell phone turned off all day until you use it since they get even more out of that, so what if they hear me swearing at the video game. If I really don't want the camera to see me I will turn it to face a wall Phone Post
6/17/13 8:49 AM
WallaWalla
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you have a smartphone that is always connected? It has a camera staring at you, your email, text, phone calls. Nsa gonna nsa mannnnn Phone Post 3.0
6/17/13 1:26 PM
TSMontana

WallaWalla - Do you have a smartphone that is always connected? It has a camera staring at you, your email, text, phone calls. Nsa gonna nsa mannnnn Phone Post 3.0

Actually I disable all of the network connections besides the phone signal to receive calls, when I'm not using them, and place my phone face up. After these NSA revelations, I'm seriously considering turning off my phone completely when I don't need it on at all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.