UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJJ/MMA train/live in beach house w/Dean Lister

6/19/13 12:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Spirit Of Captain Boosee
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is the pussy around that area Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 1:23 AM
Jack_Bauer
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Spirit Of Captain Boosee - How is the pussy around that area Phone Post 3.0

I've stayed in a beach house on Mission Beach a few times and I'd say the female situation is about as good as it gets inside the US....

6/19/13 1:24 AM
Jack_Bauer
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ Just don't drink on the Boardwalk, they take that shit seriously!

6/19/13 2:33 AM
DeanLister
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

myjawhurts - "$4720/month income including $800/month for gym fees, for four bunk beds??" Well its not really like that... This place is less than one block from the beach, rent is more than half this amount, after power, cable "if the house is completely full" then I may see 1K from that. Also the amount for training at the gym doesn't go to me, it goes to Victory MMA.. I am happy just to live there and pay less rent then I would normally.. Not a cash cow by any means lol..

updates... I have a move in date July 8... Lease is signed, it is confirmed 100%. Will post pics of the place soon, although pics of inside the house won't be available until first week of July when they are cleaning/renovating the place before I move in..

More updates
Talked to everyone at the gym... There are 2 plans for those coming in from overseas/out of town;
1) for 2 weeks training at the gym (no there are no only 1 week options) it will be $99
2) for those staying for 4 weeks training at the gym is $149

Talking to the café across the street to arrange a meal plan option, that would save money for traveling students/fighters/bjj guys.

Also working deals with my personal trainer Naudi Aguilar if anyone is interested in doing some great functional training functionalpatterns.com

Here is how the sleeping arrangements will work
I live in one room
2nd room will have 2 bunk beds (4 beds in total of course) I will get/have 4 lockers to secure any valuables in the house. I look to have a big couch that folds out into a bed, for any overflow/extra place to sleep etc.. I do have PS3, cable will be paid for, juice machine, refrigerator, place has great ventilation being so close to the water, sleep room is to remain quiet at night in consideration of others trying to rest.. Living room is for watching TV, playing games whatever.. I will have 2 mats sitting against the wall there I plan, for any mid day thoughts about moves/positions... I will eventually buy 4 bikes/beach cruisers to get around locally and eventually may even buy a beach house/fighter house "humble" car hehe..

REMEMBER this house is basically on the beach (50 yards away approx. from sand) it is nice area, relaxed and not strict.... But not a crazy party place please :)

price for staying is very affordable and must be paid up front as well as gym fees.
1) if staying under 2 weeks $35/night
2) if staying 2 weeks-3 weeks $30/night
3) if staying 3 weeks or beyond $25/night.

we have had on about 8 occasions so far, students traveling from out of town that were unable to find places to stay in San diego, seeing it is such a popular destination, now this probably won't be such a big problem
6/19/13 2:36 AM
DeanLister
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also I will drive to the gym (2.5 miles away) several times per day, as well as soon hopefully get a 2nd car for others to use... Until then, I will have bikes, I will offer rides to the gym, or anyone interested in renting or bringing a car, will have a 2nd space open and available to use..
6/19/13 2:45 AM
DeanLister

Blunderhooks - haha after seeing that episode, I don't think I will ever put any sushi in a fridge if other guys are around damn..

Jack_Bauer - yes you are correct, you cannot drink in the sand on the beach or sitting on the boardwalk, so everyone now has drinks at local beach house or hotel and hit up the nightclub/local bar scene

Super fly Patty poopskins - Yes that is my intention.. I have been to over 35 countries and wherever I would stay either was on a couch or an expensive hotel that isn't conducive to a fighter life usually far away from things and DEF not on the beach hehe

The Spirit Of Captain Boosee - come on bro... Summertime on beach in San Diego??? Not many places beat this.... yeah yeah Brazil I know... Well we have plenty of Brazilians here, all types of cultures... Whatever you like, you can find here.... Although I won't block anyone from meeting girls, in fact I'm pretty good at helping :) I don't want any girls reading this to feel this is a party pig pad, so its a training conducive environment but relaxed..

Dr Schopenhauer and bagger - Thanks for your realization, this is a big investment from the gym and myself.. Not a big bank roller profit thing for me for sure not

philipee32 - haha I was called that in kindergarten

one more update about pricing.... If a team of 4 comes for whatever time frame, 1,2,3,4 weeks whatever, there is a further discount of $5 a night per bed.... Team discount...
6/19/13 2:49 AM
DeanLister

victorygyms.com is the gym website.... HUGE place about 20,000 square feet!!! Me, Jeff Glover are head grappling coaches there and we have full crossfit room (the room is bigger than some crossfit gyms I've seen) We have great team training, great striking. Clean bathrooms/locker rooms and saunas. Juice bar downstairs.... Its full package.. I also will give discounts for any private lessons anyone wants to have from me... by the way, I am NEVER the type of guy that will only show a move to someone if they pay, I don't hold secrets from anyone I train with, so a private lesson is definitely not mandatory, but if 1 hour of my time is wanted, there will be a discount for anyone staying at the fighter house... Soon I will have further package deals I'll offer as well to be official with things
6/19/13 2:54 AM
DeanLister

GodSaveTheReem - food situation is gonna be simple.. Grocery stores all around, there is a whole foods, trader joes etc close by... of course place to store food, if there isn't enough space, i'll buy a floor cooler/freezer if I need to. Want to have option of 1 meal a day or 2 meals a day at café/diner across the street from my gym, they cook really good, healthy cooking is optional, they can make whatever you want, maybe this option could further save $$$

Dr Schopenhauer - haha

Ezekiel - this will be an ongoing thing, not just for the summer so sometime if traveling by, let me know

soldave - sounds great

Oboe - yes I'll try to find a storage facility for the rags.. maybe I can get a blow up doll for you also hehe

MMAMAZ - I know shoulder injuries way too well unfortunately... they take a while to heal IMO, a complex and large joint on the body
6/19/13 2:57 AM
DeanLister

supercan - its gonna be great..
6/19/13 2:58 AM
DeanLister

This weekend I'll have a website for the live in program as well so i'll keep everyone posted for sure
6/19/13 6:55 AM
supercan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/19/13 7:06 AM
You're the fucking man for doing this!

My legs and ankles are pissed they won't get the chance to be snapped off by, as a guy who recently did a leg lock workshop at our gym put it, the true King of Leg Locks. Phone Post
6/19/13 11:08 AM
DeanLister

Anil - At this point I haven't considered having children come and stay at the fighter house, so you would have to ask mommy for permission but still I'm sure you are 2 young for this type of a thing unfortunately.

supercan - hit me up by email

Oboe - Whatever the international model that I wake up with in the morning suggests I wear.. Today I'm wearing my Lifeguard uniform as per her request.. Actually it depends on which one sleeps over.. For tomorrow, it depends.. May feel like living Norwegian tonight or maybe Venezuelan idk
6/19/13 11:52 AM
KidJustice
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

303 -  Opportunity of a life time! Phone Post

Joaquin, Me, whoever else we make go, and you for free :)

Let's get it done 303!

6/19/13 1:20 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/19/13 1:27 PM
To any of you new guys training (or even experienced guys) out there who have never experienced the true "coolness" of a "fight camp", DO IT! And what a special opportunity to take this journey by the side of such a great fighter and person such as Dean Lister. He's seen it all! (doesn't get anymore DEDICATED than him)....Over all the years, I've had the privledge and honor to do something similar to this (without the Beach), at a very special place before. It was truly one of (if not) the best experience of my Martial Arts journey. I would encourage any of you to take advantage of Dean's offer. Sometimes, it's not always "the fight" that's the most fun part. The real fun part, is the stuff like Dean's offering. It's the training camps, the comroderie (sp), the lifelong friends you meet, and the whole 2 and sometimes 3 a days! The fun part, LEARNING, laughing, jokin' around, going out to eat as a Team, and so on... and when it's time to be serious, it's time to be serious. What a great and amazing fighter and person to be able to share this journey with! And in California, on the BEACH!! Come on now...does it get any better? You will have an encyclopedia of technigues taught by the master himself. If I hadn't just opened my small MMA gym in my hometown, I would do this in a heartbeat. And, once I get coaches to help me consistently with my new gym, i am keeping this offer in my favorites, and hopefully i will be in a position to sign up and take Dean up on this cool and fun organized opportunity. Have fun and post your experience if you sign up for this unique offer. #Respects
6/19/13 1:28 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/19/13 1:45 PM
MorrisDay
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got into contact with Dean the second I saw this thread pop up, and I jumped on it immediately! Looks like I am heading out that way at the beginning of August, and staying the month. All of you guys out there who train should get on this asap, shit like this doesn't come around often at all. I can't wait to get there, and put in some great training!

Cheers,Ian
6/19/13 1:52 PM
tuffnuff
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Highly recomment this! I remember Dean walking in to Fabio Santos academy his first day, then winning the ADCC N. American trials we did in 02 and then watching him win the absolute title in Brazil in 03. Great guy and great opportunity!

6/19/13 3:26 PM
Sugarfoot
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MorrisDay - I got into contact with Dean the second I saw this thread pop up, and I jumped on it immediately! Looks like I am heading out that way at the beginning of August, and staying the month. All of you guys out there who train should get on this asap, shit like this doesn't come around often at all. I can't wait to get there, and put in some great training!

Cheers,Ian
I'll just booked a flight for July 26-Aug 6, see you there! Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 3:31 PM
uniquetechnique
730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tuffnuff -

Highly recomment this! I remember Dean walking in to Fabio Santos academy his first day, then winning the ADCC N. American trials we did in 02 and then watching him win the absolute title in Brazil in 03. Great guy and great opportunity!

Woa! Me too! Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 3:38 PM
supercan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, MorrisDay and Sugarfoot! I thought I was on top of this shit! What do you guys know that I don't? Get at me, Dean! Please!
6/19/13 3:53 PM
Sugarfoot
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supercan - Damn, MorrisDay and Sugarfoot! I thought I was on top of this shit! What do you guys know that I don't? Get at me, Dean! Please!
Did you email him? He's responded to every one of mine so far, and he'a been super cool about everything. I'm sure he is busy as well. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 4:33 PM
supercan

I got the general email and he has responded, but just not with maybe the same details as you got. I'm sure he is swamped. I just really want to get my guy in there before his debut fight in September. This would be HUGE for helping him. Dean has been nothing but great so far, and the fact that he is even doing this is amazing!
6/19/13 4:54 PM
tuffnuff
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugarfoot - 
supercan - Damn, MorrisDay and Sugarfoot! I thought I was on top of this shit! What do you guys know that I don't? Get at me, Dean! Please!
Did you email him? He's responded to every one of mine so far, and he'a been super cool about everything. I'm sure he is busy as well. Phone Post 3.0

Cool man! Voted up and here's an article from that event: http://www.scribd.com/doc/119882237/TuffNUff-AbuDhabi-in-Magazine

6/19/13 4:55 PM
Sugarfoot

Yeh, it'll work out, I would just try and get some solid dates worked out. I'm planning on going to the South Bay Open, which is August 3rd. Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 4:56 PM
tuffnuff

TuffNUff AbuDhabi in Magazine by Barry Meyer

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.